Author Topic: The Mustafar Playset...  (Read 32038 times)

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Re: The Mustafar Playset...
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2005, 05:43 PM »
Thirty bucks is just about right for that playset, though if you figure in the "Battle Arena" figures, you're really paying about fifteen bucks for the playset itself. Not too shabby, and definitely an incentive for those who would be wishy-washy on the subject.

Too bad they won't take a risk on a "knock your socks off" item at a fifty-dollar pricepoint (a la the OTC Millenium Falcon) for this last big push...unless that AT-TE or Turbo Tank materializes this fall.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2005, 08:24 PM »
Yeah, for $30.00 it's kinda hard to complain.

:P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: March 3, 2005, 09:55 AM »
Another Hasbro update today...

Mustafar Final Duel Playset at Hasbro

Vader, who was once the Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker, has turned to the dark side and now fights on the side of evil against his former master. Vader and Obi-Wan meet in a climactic confrontation and fight to the finish while dodging blasts from a volcano and overcoming dangerous obstacles.

The Mustafar Final Duel Playset brings the dramatic action of Episode III to life with multiple play features and Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader action figures. Battle discs allow you to recreate the Jedi dueling action or launch figures at each other for incredible mid-air battle. Breakaway platforms, a pool of “lava”, and a blasting volcano add to the thrill of this climactic confrontation.

The more I look at it, the more I like it.  I didn't like the Geonosis Arena at first, but the more I longer I own it, the more I like it.  I think this will be much the same for me...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 3, 2005, 12:55 PM »
Yeah, it's starting to grow on me.  Still, some customizing is a must.   ;)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 3, 2005, 01:22 PM »
Yeah, it's starting to grow on me.  Still, some customizing is a must.   ;)

Like the red pasta running down the sides of it? :-X

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 3, 2005, 02:54 PM »
It does have a nice Vintagesque kind of feel to it.  It reminds me a little bit of the Dagobah playset.  Since it has 2 figs I might breakdown and get it....someday. 

I am torn between the ARC Fighter and Republic Gunship and this $30 Playset.   

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 3, 2005, 03:10 PM »
Ah, I say get the ARC 170 and Mustafar Playset right away.  $30 each for these is fair.

I would say of the three, the Gunship will end up on clearance the most as most people already have an AOTC and/or CW version of it.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 3, 2005, 07:34 PM »
Is whatever that is supposed to be that the discs are on to the right of the volcano supposed to be white?  I thought I had seen them on a red blob in the Toy Fair photos, and was kind of surprised when I saw the white blob today.  Oh, and can anyone point me to photos of the back of the playset (the area under those catwalk things in the back)?  Every photo I have seen has been from this angle and I'm wondering if Hasbro cheaped out on the back the way they did with the Arena.

See kids, this is what happens when you stay away from most of the big spoilers: you (that is, me) make no sense whatsoever.   ;D

And now, the question that had to be asked sooner or later: is there going to be an "Amputee BBR Anakin Skywalker" figure released at some point, or is that going to be another "we'll leave it to your imaginations" figure?  Years ago, I'd have said there wouldn't be a chance of it, but now, with two Darth Mauls that split in half, who knows how many Lukes and Vaders and Anakins and so on whose arms are removable, and the headless decaying corpse included with Amanaman, I'd be disappointed if they didn't make it.

Hey, there's your mailaway exclusive to close out the ROTS line for the year!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 3, 2005, 08:29 PM »
I'd like to see them make a hell burnt Anakin, but if not, it should be a very easy custom.  All you need is a lighter and a bit of dark red paint.   :)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 3, 2005, 09:00 PM »
This suddenly got a little bit more interesting for me.  I was rereading Hasbro's announcement about the Arena Battle Playsets, and it says that these can attach to the Mustafar Playset (I somehow missed that fact when reading it the first time).   

I'm very curious to see how that will work - perhaps on those "tabs" that seem to be sticking out the left side of the base?  It could make for a cool display with the 4 battle playsets attached to the Mustafar playset. 

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 4, 2005, 12:13 PM »
Anyone find this playset yet?  I did not see it anywhere this weekend.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 4, 2005, 01:23 PM »
I didn't see it either, and I believe Amazon.com has it listed as "released June 1".  I don't know how accurate that is, but it might be a month or so off.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 4, 2005, 01:23 PM »

Not out yet - my friend who works for Hasbro had a "later this month" date for both the Battle Arenas and the Mustafar Playset - even he was surprised that some stores got in the Battle Arenas...

I would bet that later this month it will be in. Just like the ARC-170 and Gunship - even those aren't widely available yet.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #73 on: April 4, 2005, 01:29 PM »

Yep, Pete's right.  For whatever reason, this one's getting held back a few weeks, it sounds like.  Fine with me, as it helps disperse my monetary flow to Hasbro out just a little.

Those two larger ships were a pretty tough find as well.  I think we only saw the Gunship at one WM, and the ARC-170 at a couple Targets, and that was it (out of about 12 stores).  I'm planning on hopefully picking these up next weekend to score me a couple Holo Yodas for free though, so that should work out just fine...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 5, 2005, 09:28 PM »
Yeah, I am kinda glad this isn't out this week... but then again, I would have rather seen it than the Gunship.