Author Topic: My Halloween Rant  (Read 3425 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: My Halloween Rant
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2004, 09:41 PM »
I say screw them, I'm dressing up.  :D

And be damned if I'm not getting candy.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2004, 03:23 PM »
I turned on Halloween the year I had to buy candy to supply trick-or-treaters, who mostly turn out to be teenagers too old to do it. And I hate teenagers, so Halloween can suck it from that perspective.

Haven't laughed this hard in a while.

I'm going to be on campus for halloween this year, and I have a crappy ninja costume too. Its a little kids red ninja suit I picked up at wal mart. It umm fits.. well too.. yeah..
I want to try and get people to go trick or treating with me.

Not every day you see a 6 foot dude, in a 4 foot kids ninja costume. haha

I want to get a picture up sometime too, it's a good laugh.

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2004, 11:44 PM »
Having a Halloween/Camping party.
Costumes optional.
If you are in the area you are welcome to come. 
Never done this before, but hopefully it'll be fun  :)
On Sunday though, I'm bringing Aidan trick or treating w/ the ex.  He'll be Spider-Man... he's so excited...
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2004, 07:13 AM »
I turned on Halloween the year I had to buy candy to supply trick-or-treaters, who mostly turn out to be teenagers too old to do it. And I hate teenagers, so Halloween can suck it from that perspective.
I want to get a picture up sometime too, it's a good laugh.

Make sure whoever takes it isn't standing too close if they're using a flash on the camera. The strobe can wash out colors and your red costume might look a little... pink. ;) Better pack a sweater too, just in case it's cold out. Those costumes don't have a lot of insulation to them.  :-*
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2004, 09:44 AM »
I really dig Halloween too, but I don't ever dress up too extravagantly.  This year there are parties and a show I'll go to, and I'll be a general "spook" with makeup and my '84 Daytona Biker Week black shirt with a picture of the Grim Reaper on the front.  Boo.  I'll carve two jack-o-lanterns.  I love doing it.  This year I helped unload a shipment of pumpkins at the church wear I buy, so they give me a pick of a gigantic one.  I swear it weighs 75 lbs.   This thing's huge.

Of course Halloween is always the best when you're a kid - it involves to things dear to all children: candy and mischief.  Now I'm not so keen on the mischief since it might involve kids pranking me.  Get out of my yard ya damn kids!  Actually I don't get too many trick or treaters since my neighborhood isn't big on it.  Its great seeing the kids that still dress up though.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2004, 06:02 PM »
I missed Halloween in those awkward teenage years where you're too old to dress up but too young for the adult parties.

It gets better though. Last year I probably had my best Halloween ever when I went down to Vegas and trooped around the strip with a bunch of Storm Troopers.

That.....was pretty awesome.
Got Clones?