Author Topic: How many VOTC Stormtroopers are in your army?  (Read 97167 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: How many VOTC Stormtroopers are in your army?
« Reply #285 on: April 13, 2007, 05:00 PM »
My numbers of these are rapidly dropping... being replaced by the Tantive IV Stormie...

:P

Are you offloading VOTC's?  Cuz I'm still on the hunt... 

Yeah... I did get rid of some recently, did list them here in the forums but they sold very fast.  I also went the evil route and put a lot of them on ebay... I'm going to be not working for a bit in June (baby coming) and won't be getting paid and need to get my Paypal account up some to make sure I can pay bills.

:P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 22, 2007, 09:22 AM »
Got 5 more, so that brings me to my final total of 64.

If I find anymore at my local dealer shop, I'll pick them up for trade bait. I wont be actively looking for any more.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline BobaFett1972

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 2, 2008, 02:00 PM »
2 dozen
Eat the rich.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #288 on: November 14, 2008, 06:46 PM »
This is an old thread...  I managed to get two of them for a couple bucks each at the local Toy Show in October.  Pretty good deal I figured.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 19, 2013, 10:59 PM »
Ressurrection time!

I scored 3 recently as part of a lot I purchased, bringing my total to 6.  This is definitely my favorite Stormtrooper ever made, definitive, IMO.
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #290 on: January 21, 2013, 02:09 AM »
Aren't they discolored though?  I've not seen many VOTC without discoloring of some kind on the limbs in quite some time now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 21, 2013, 02:36 PM »
No, none of my VOTC Stormtroopers are discolored (knock on wood).  I guess I've been lucky.  On the other hand, I've noticed a couple of my TAC Stormtroopers have started to have some discoloration in the torso area. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #292 on: January 21, 2013, 03:16 PM »
Yeah the generic clone head one didn't hold up great.  That figure, in general, has a lot of flaws.  The helmet sits poorly and isn't the better sculpt out there.  The limbs, particularly the legs, weren't always even on that figure, now some discoloration...  Not a favorite of mine.

My favorites are these:

-Spacetrooper...  A nice, simple, generic Stormtrooper ultimately, with gear to make him that scene-specific trooper if you want.

-Clean Sandtrooper...  That first black pauldroned Sandtrooper they didn't put any deco on is definitely a favorite of mine.  the sculpt is top notch, he has the removable bomb, all the extra "field trooper" gear like the pack, pike, and pauldron...  short of having the long rifle, he's pretty perfect to me, as Stormtrooper army builders go.  No removable helmet, but I'm ok with that on Stormtroopers sometimes since so many WITH them do exist.

-Newer clean Sandtroopers...  I like the newer one from Vintage Collection.  Not the new new one with the dirty paint, but the old new one that's clean.  At $5 a pop at 5 Below I went pretty nuts picking those up.  I like the extra gear, the extra articulation.  I liked that one a lot too.

I'd give a runner-up to the Tantive IV pack Trooper and any incarnation of it since its initial release.  I like the uniqueness of it for some reason.  Good figure.  It's not a great generic Sandtrooper but it's nice.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 21, 2013, 04:18 PM »
My favorite Stormtrooper is the one that came with the Target Special Action figure 3-pks... same as the TVC Sandtrooper essentially, but the 3-pk version seemed to have better paint jobs, much better belts, and no yellowing anywhere to speak of.  At least in my experience.  I don't know if I even have any VOTC Stormies left, I traded/sold them off... and gave some to my son.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 21, 2013, 04:46 PM »
Do TAC Stormtroopers count?  I remember picking these guys up for about $2.25 each during the infamous Target Knollwood sale. 
I counted all of mine up and apparently I have exactly...enough.   ;)

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 21, 2013, 08:01 PM »
Awesome army...

I passed on that Stormie though because I can't stand the helmet...

...that helmet is such a letdown.  I still can't believe Hasbro used it.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 21, 2013, 09:56 PM »
I got about 4 more VOTC Stormies when they were rereleased in Saga Legends in 2011. My VOTC ones are still holding up alright but the torsos are just slightly kinda yellowing... same with my AOTC SA Clones and a few VTSC Biker Scouts. All a little "off" in the torso now.

My TSC Commander Cody has yellowed the worse though, it looks exactly like a Vintage figure from the 80's
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 21, 2013, 10:46 PM »
You just have to put those yellowy figures in the darker corners of your room.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 22, 2013, 10:04 AM »
Yeah the generic clone head one didn't hold up great.  That figure, in general, has a lot of flaws.  The helmet sits poorly and isn't the better sculpt out there.  The limbs, particularly the legs, weren't always even on that figure, now some discoloration...  Not a favorite of mine.

I have the same criticisms of the TAC Stormtrooper.  If I'm correct, I think I have 5 TAC Stormtroopers in my collection, and haven't had the desire to acquire any more than that.

Of the favorites you mentioned, the figure I've used for army building lately has been the VC "clean" Sandtrooper.  All you do is pop off the shoulder pauldron and put aside the backpack thingy, and presto.  I have like 10 of them and they display just fine. 

I have a few of the TLC Spacetroopers, and would love to have a few more.  I really love the Tantive IV pack Stormtrooper and have like 4 of them.  Would love to add another 10.  The sculpt is based on the VOTC version, no? 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 22, 2013, 12:29 PM »
The Tantive IV Stormie is a really nice figure, but doesn't have an articulated waist - I think it's based on the Evolutions Sandtrooper mold, or pretty close.  I like it more than the VOTC mold.