Author Topic: The Incredibles!  (Read 2841 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
The Incredibles!
« on: November 6, 2004, 11:00 AM »
Well,

My wife and I went out to dinner with a few friends last night and decided to see a movie afterwards.  There was indecision all around on what to see, so I talked them into The Incredibles.

Episode 3 Prview aside (which ROCKED on the big screen), the movie was actually REALLY good.  Kind of like how a James Bond/Superhero movie should be. 

Once again, Pixar is able to crank out a movie where the characters are very well thought out and VERY human.  I'm not going to offer up any spoliers (since this is the start of the thread), but it was a pretty great movie!  Anyone else catch this one last night?

Jeff

ps.
Also had a preview for next year's Pixar movie - Cars.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: The Incredibles!
« Reply #1 on: November 6, 2004, 06:15 PM »
I'll be checking out the movie tonight. Looks like a great flick & I'm looking forward to seeing the EP3 trailer on the big screen!  8)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 7, 2004, 10:53 AM »
It was a great movie!  At least for us adults - my 3 year got a little spooked by the action. 

Alas, no trailer here.   :'(  After enjoying it so much on my little computer screen, I knew it would be wild on the big screen.  Fudge.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 7, 2004, 10:56 AM »
Saw it last night too, great flick. My 2 buds & I were killing ours selfs laughing.  ;D

Did you stay till the end of the credits, thats were they showed the trailer at the theater I was at.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 7, 2004, 10:59 AM »
Are you shi**ing me?  We stayed until about half way through the credits, that's how long it took to get my little girl dressed up to leave.   I wonder if they want to see it again tonite?   :-\

You know, I often stay to watch all of the credits, just 'cause you never know what you'll see.  The one freakin' time we rush out the door...  Arrrgh!!!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 7, 2004, 11:08 AM »
They put trailers at the end of the credits as people were paying there $$$ just to see the main trailer & leave. Happened a few yrs ago & they changed that so people have to sit through the flick, good or bad.

The trailer was awesome on the large screen.  8)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 7, 2004, 11:11 AM »
Saw it last night too...AND NO TRAILER!

I really thought the movie would suck thanks to that crappy little short. Wow, that short made me want to die right then and there.

However, the movie was overall enjoyable and I'm glad I went to go see it even if there was no trailer...
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 7, 2004, 11:21 AM »
I wonder if some theaters never got the trailer.  :-\

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 7, 2004, 02:26 PM »
I went to see it on Friday and they had the trailer as the very first one before the movie.  I wasn't sure if I would like the movie but enjoyed it after watching it.  Some threaters I heard only had one trailer avaliable and had more threaters showing the movie so some threaters didn't get the trailer attach to the film. 

I really thought the movie would suck thanks to that crappy little short. Wow, that short made me want to die right then and there.

Same here with me, worst short I have seen on a pixar film.  I think the best one was the old man playing chess/checkers with himself.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 7, 2004, 02:32 PM »
Yeah, that was the one from A Bugs Life, correct?

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #10 on: November 7, 2004, 03:19 PM »
I enjoyed the movie... but the EP3 trailer was the best part.

Offline C

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 7, 2004, 05:10 PM »
it was good; i still think nemo is their best effort yet, through. did everyone have that short teaser for their next film, cars? it looks horrible, like a two hour long chevron commercial. looks like they're banking it on a hillbilly pickup truck character, too, which is just stupid. it's too bad that the last disney/pixar collaboration will be a lame pic. unless they somehow resolve their distribution thing.

i had completely forgotten that the trailer was on it, probably because i've seen it so many times on my own computer. it looked great, but the sharp colors of the online version blow away the washed out celluloid at the theater. i'm already looking forward to getting the DVD, just for the quality. there's no digital projectors around here. 

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 7, 2004, 05:32 PM »
I think Cars looks pretty good. But, you know, Finding Nemo wasn't so hot. The schitzo fish kinda ruined it for me (not to mention the voice was done by that stupid Comedian)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 8, 2004, 08:49 AM »
We went to see the Incredibles on Saturday afternoon, and we really enjoyed it as well.  I agree, it sure was cool seeing the ROTS trailer on the big screen.  Quite a few people cheering/clapping after it was done playing.  Really looking forward to the movie.  Anyways, the Incredibles was a great movie I thought too, definitely entertaining.  Pixar sure seems to know what they are doing, another classic I believe.

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2004, 01:20 PM »
My wife took the boy and me to see it Sunday night (to salve the wound the Bengals left me with). I was amazed! What an awesome film!