Author Topic: Anakin Mock Up  (Read 6949 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Anakin Mock Up
« on: November 9, 2004, 10:01 AM »

Spiffy!  I've been thinking about NOT buying Episode III figures but I really can't pass them up anymore, with my excitement over the trailer and everything else I have seen, I'm stoked!  Please, no crappy action features or huge buttons or mouth open screams

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Anakin Mock Up
« Reply #1 on: November 9, 2004, 10:07 AM »
I just saw that as well Scott.  I actually posted in the Episode III figures thread, wasn't sure where to put it.  The figure looks pretty nice from what we can see though.  So far we haven't seen a "stinker" in the ROTS bunch, and I hope that continues for the most part.  I'm sure there will be some action feature-tastic figures coming up, but at least it is looking as if there should be some nicely done "normal" figures as well.  I know what you mean, I was in the same boat thinking at one point about giving up prequel collecting, but I am really looking forward to ROTS.  And now, from what we have seen of the figure trends for the movie line, it could be quite a line.  I wonder if this is a "pack in" figure, judging from the blister?  Hard to say, since it is a mock up.  Picture is courtesy of BehindtheToys.com:

« Last Edit: November 9, 2004, 10:08 AM by mosnab »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 9, 2004, 10:20 AM »
Judging by the looks of the packaging and the arm positioning and articulation, I would say this is definitely a pack in figure - looks like he will be riding some sort of creature or vehicle - anyone remember those creatures you barely see on Mustafar on the trailer?  There are two of them - my guess is maybe this Anakin will come with one of those beasts.

:P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 9, 2004, 10:23 AM »
I was thinking it could be a pack-in as well.  Maybe even packed in with his starfighter?  It would be cool if they started doing that again.  I guess it should be a good sign, that if this is a pack-in figure, it looks pretty good...and should mean that the basic figures will be just as good or better.  I hope so anyways.  The more I see of this movie/line, the more excited I get for it.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 9, 2004, 10:55 AM »

Spiffy!  I've been thinking about NOT buying Episode III figures but I really can't pass them up anymore, with my excitement over the trailer and everything else I have seen, I'm stoked!  Please, no crappy action features or huge buttons or mouth open screams

I'll be buying all of them, always had that plan.  I'm just hoping I only buy the figures I can't live without at the start (Vader/clones/etc.) and leave all the rest to be purchased at much cheaper prices.  We're bound to see a glut of figures no matter what and since I open them all, people clearing their collections later tends to benefit me.  Here's hoping I can stay that course. :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 9, 2004, 11:45 AM »
Man - I hope there isn't a price hike..............

:P

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 9, 2004, 12:34 PM »
Wow! the sculpt looks fantastic, dead on grumpy Anakin.  It seems he looks rather action featurish though, judging by the open pin right shoulder and the dreaded Saga"limp Mace elbow" left arm.  Perhaps, Anakin has "backhand Obi-Wan" action feature? :D  He also doesn't seem to have knee articulation, and those open hands don't look like they would hold a lightsaber very well.  I would put my money on this being a pack in for the rumored Preview Anakin's Jedi Starfighter w/Anakin pilot figure.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2004, 12:35 PM by DualSaberMaster »
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 9, 2004, 12:46 PM »
Probably a magnet in the right hand for holding a metal hilt saber.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #8 on: November 9, 2004, 02:38 PM »
Even for a pack in he looks pretty good.  Can't wait for these.

Offline General Grievous

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 9, 2004, 02:47 PM »
I want one now.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 9, 2004, 04:01 PM »
Daddy like.

Are other people in as much love as I am, with Anakin's new hand?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 9, 2004, 04:43 PM »
Very cool.  I'm sure it will see a regular card back though if it a pack in (after all, this is Hasbro we are talking about ;)).

And yes, Famine, I like his new hand too!! :)
Beth

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 9, 2004, 04:46 PM »
Hmmmmm.   Maybe I am just grumpy today because I really don't care for it.  Usually I'm easy to please when it comes to SW figures.   To me it looks like an action feature figure from the SAGA line.  It's not terrible by any means, but I was expecting something better than that for Anakin.  I am hoping this Anakin is just a pack-in or a prototype.  

Maybe the VOTC figures have spoiled me?  I was expecting something along the lines of the preview figures we saw earlier of Tion Meddon, General Grievous and the Wookie Warrior.  

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 9, 2004, 05:45 PM »
It looks pretty good. I just hope that he can hold a weapon. He looks like he has the Saga Jedi Luke hands, which weren't great when it came to holding Lightsabers. :-\
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #14 on: November 9, 2004, 06:11 PM »
Man, the auction for this figure is up to $177.

But I agree with most everybody, it's a great figure, and if the pack-ins are this good, I think we're in for a treat with the ROTS line.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk