Author Topic: Titanium Series - 3" DieCast Vehicle Line!  (Read 210372 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Titanium Series - 3" DieCast Vehicle Line!
« on: November 9, 2004, 05:28 PM »

Seller miyatoys has the first wave of the upcoming Star Wars Titanium Series up for bid on eBay!  This first wave includes the Falcon, a TIE Fighter, Slave 1, and an X-Wing. 

This planned exclusive line of die-cast classic Star Wars vehicles is set to debut next spring along side the Episode 3 preview figures and should retail for around $4.99 each. 

Details are still sketchy about wave 2, but look for future waves to branch out into Prequel vehicles as well!

:)

Jeff
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 11:06 PM by Ryan »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: SW Titanium Series!
« Reply #1 on: November 9, 2004, 06:24 PM »
Hmmm, pretty interesting Jeff, and nice scoop there.

I really am not sure what to think about these.  It's a side line, and one I doubt I get into as I just don't have the room.  If I am gonna have "models" of the ships around I think I want plastic kits.

These are sorta cool in a micro-Machines kinda way, but a lotta people would rather see Action Fleet with new life breathed into it than a die-cast line.  At least that's what I've always gotten the impression of.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: November 9, 2004, 06:52 PM »
Jeff, are these just re-releases of Galoob's prior diecast line, from the mid/late 90's?  Or are these all new ships?  Looks like the former.

If they're re-releases, I'll be very excited if they wind up continuing this line, since it was cut off very prematurely the last time around, after only like 7-10 ships (don't recall).  I just remember there were two waves of them, and the second wave wound up being VERY hard to find, since I'm not sure if it ever even hit domestic retail.  I remember that second wave having Slave 1, Snowspeeder, A-Wing...  Cost me a few bucks to track all those down.

Here's hoping for more though, 'cause I loves me some diecast ships!   8)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: November 9, 2004, 06:56 PM »
Jeff, are these just re-releases of Galoob's prior diecast line, from the mid/late 90's? Or are these all new ships? Looks like the former.

Good eye!

They seem to be made from the same molds, so they will be very similar to the later 90s Die Cast Galoob versions, with the minor paint app variation you'd expect from a re-hash.

So, they will be very similar to that old galoob line, but different enough that most will pick them up for the packaging at least!

Jeff

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: November 9, 2004, 07:15 PM »
So let's see if I can remember this correctly, from the original go-round with Galoob:

Series 1 (1996):
Millenium Falcon
X-Wing
Y-Wing
Tie-Fighter
Star Destroyer
Sandcrawler (I remember this one peg warming somethin' fierce!)

Series 2 (1997):
Slave 1
A-Wing
Snowspeeder
Tie Bomber
Landspeeder
Executor
Death Star

I think that was it, from what I recall....

Then, a couple years later, there were like 8 more Episode 1 die-cast vehicles made as well.

Definitely plenty more OT ships/vehicles that I'd love to see them do now as they hopefully continue on with this line beyond what they've already got molds for (like Vader's TIE, AT-AT, B-wing, TIE Interceptor, Bespin Cloud Car, Imperial Shuttle, etc).  If they just rehash the exact same ones, with nothing new, that'll suck, and suck hard.  But at least these should have some slightly upgraded paint apps I think...
« Last Edit: November 9, 2004, 07:53 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: November 9, 2004, 07:57 PM »
Bigger picture:

Jeff, any idea if these come with stands, or not?  Any idea if they plan to do new OT molds, or will ROTS be the only flick that warrants that?

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 9, 2004, 08:57 PM »
Hey guys,

These look great.  I am not too thrilled about the name choice but at a $5 pricepoint I could deffinetely see me picking these up!

So what is the scale of these compared to AF Ships? 

Nice reporting Jeff and remember to change your line "Series 3 will be mine."  It's yours.

DBK

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2004, 09:09 AM »
Oh boy, more rehashes, the packaging looks very nice infact I like it but I have all the ships from the Micro-Machines diecast line back in 90's. I don't think I wil bother with this set.  :-\

I think you got them all listed Matt from what I saw on the Cargo Bay Database.

Die-Cast Vehicles

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2004, 06:48 AM »

They are smaller than Action Fleet. I'll be interested only in the Ep.3 stuff.

STILL NEED ACTION FLEET!!!!!!! :( :-[ :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2004, 06:51 PM »

They're a lot smaller Matthew.  Not a whole lot bigger than the little plastic MM ships.  I'd say maybe about 1.5" to 2" in most cases.  Maybe next time we get together, I can bring some old ones along to show you.

I'll mostly be curious to see if they alter the paint jobs at all, on the previously released ships.  If not, I guess I don't really need to buy them again.  But hopefully they'll do alright at retail so the line can continue, and we can get some of those remaining ships I mentioned earlier.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2004, 04:22 PM »
http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/id.1122/dn/default.cfm

Hasbro has an official little blurb on them now...

Sounds promising for wave 2 at least. 

Jeff

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2004, 04:33 PM »
That sucks that Target just changed their mind and decided to pass on this line after all.  Gonna make it a bitch for me to find them at WM now probably...

Sounds like they ARE coming with stands too, so that's a plus, at least.

And look forward to ALL NEW vehicles in Wave 2 – also coming next Spring. We’ll keep you posted!

Glad to hear that a wave 2 of all new vehicles is in the works too!  Just hope wave 2 is still going to be OT ships, and not ROTS ones (though I imagine those will be coming soon enough).

Damned Walmart.   >:(
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 04:34 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2004, 04:43 PM »
Glad to hear that a wave 2 of all new vehicles is in the works too!  Just hope wave 2 is still going to be OT ships, and not ROTS ones (though I imagine those will be coming soon enough).

Around the water-cooler, all the kids are saying that the second wave WILL be RotS based...

Ep3 Jedi Starfighter
Ep3 Clone/Republic Gunship
Ep3 Clone Trooper X-Wing looking ship
Some Kind of Droid Tank

At least that's the leading word on the street.  But, who knows.  That was back when they were planned for Target (who as MAC said, seems to have passed on the line).  The line-up may change now that it appears to be a Wal-Mart exclusive instead.   :-\

Jeff

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2004, 09:48 PM »

Since I have them from the last time they were released, I'd be only paying for the packaging (which IS pretty cool)  but I'll probably wait for them to hit clearance, which you can bet they will be a handful of months after they get released.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2004, 03:05 AM »
Hit here in Pittsburgh I guess...  Can't say I'm going nuts, but if there were an AT-AT or AT-ST I'd likely nab it just for a reference piece.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77