Author Topic: Titanium Series - 3" DieCast Vehicle Line!  (Read 210347 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: SW Titanium Series!
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2004, 07:40 PM »
Sounds like these have finally hit retail.  Just talked to Jared, and he found all 4 of them at a Walmart here in SoCal.  $5 a pop.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2004, 07:49 PM »
I'm still not going to be getting them. They do nothing for me.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 4, 2005, 02:47 AM »
Speaking of the Galoob die casts, what makes this Snowspeeder special?

Die-Cast Snowspeeder by Galoob 1997 MOC

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: January 4, 2005, 06:01 AM »
I'm guessing this is why:

...I just remember there were two waves of them, and the second wave wound up being VERY hard to find, since I'm not sure if it ever even hit domestic retail.  I remember that second wave having Slave 1, Snowspeeder, A-Wing...  Cost me (quite) a few bucks to track all those down (on eBay back then).

Didn't realize that they were going for quite that much now though!  Wow.  I assume the rest of that wave is pretty similarly priced to the Snowspeeder as well...  I wonder if I ever opened mine...  Don't entirely recall now, but I'm thinking I may not have ever gotten around to it back when I got them.  That'd be cool if I could keep those old Galoob ones carded, and get new ones, with maybe even better paint jobs, this time around to open up.   8)

Wow, just searched the completed auctions, and came up with this one.  Definitely another case of a buyer having no idea as to the value, and placing a mindbogglingly low BIN on their auction.  For a paltry $20, you could've had the ENTIRE Galoob diecast run of 21 ships (loose), including the 7 VHTFs from the second wave.  Amazing.  That's less than 40% of the $56 price that the single carded Snowspeeder sold for that Dale just pointed out.

Hell, I'm even bummed I missed that one!  Could've gone for some extras, and I guess I could've taken the Prequel ships in it too...
« Last Edit: January 4, 2005, 06:05 AM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 4, 2005, 12:12 PM »
I have all the Galoob ships in a storage box, as soon as I found them I snapped them up. Never thought I would see one go for so much ethier. 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2005, 08:50 PM »
I still haven't seen these things at retail yet, despite reports of them hitting WMs a couple months ago now.  Weird...

I was hoping to scope them out in person to see if they differed at all from the old Galoob ones that I've already got.

Anyone else finding these things yet/lately?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2005, 08:58 AM »
Hasbro's update today is the Titanium Series Die-Cast Vehicles Wave 2 which will be coming April 2 exclusively at Wal-Mart!

Up front is the AT-RT, A-Wing, Snowspeeder, Star Destroyer, Republic Gunship, Droid Tri-fighter, Jedi Starfighter and Y-Wing.

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2005, 01:29 AM »
I have the original diecasts, from '96 or so, but I never saw the Titanium series, ever.  Hopefully we'll get these new ones.

Auriette
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: April 4, 2005, 08:37 PM »
Hasbro's update today is the Titanium Series Die-Cast Vehicles Wave 2 which will be coming April 2 exclusively at Wal-Mart!

Up front is the AT-RT, A-Wing, Snowspeeder, Star Destroyer, Republic Gunship, Droid Tri-fighter, Jedi Starfighter and Y-Wing.

Picked all 8 of these up at WM at MM the other night.  Of course, now I'm thoroughly screwed 'cause I never saw the first four ships at retail.  Anyone still have those floating around anywhere?  If so, please give me a holler!  :-*

Nice looking, though totally whacked on the scale, of course, since they're all made to fit in the same sized case.  Still haven't found my old DieCast line to compare them to, but the OT ones look pretty much the same.  Good to see some PT molds being made on them, since that gives more hope to seeing the rest of the OT ships that never got made before.  Nice looking packaging too.  8)

So, is anyone else collecting these things besides Jared and I?
« Last Edit: April 4, 2005, 08:38 PM by JediMAC »

SilverZ

« Reply #24 on: April 8, 2005, 05:08 PM »
Did anyone else take the survey that was up yesterday on Hasbro's Star Wars site? It was mostly related to the Titanium series, and asked about interest in a revived Micro Collection.

What was interesting was it seemed to be polling for contact information for C3 attendees, like they'll be looking for focus groups there. Hmmm...

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 9, 2005, 04:14 AM »
AT-RT, Republic Gunship, Droid Tri-fighter, and Jedi Starfighter will arrive to me too, thanks to a TX friend  :)

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2005, 11:40 PM »
I had seen these at Wal-Mart on April 2nd and wondered what they were.
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #27 on: June 3, 2005, 05:04 PM »
The only one I have from the original go-round is the Star Destroyer.

From the current release I'll eventually get the prequel ones; pass on the classic ones.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Walmart's Titanium Series!
« Reply #28 on: June 3, 2005, 09:34 PM »
Anyone have access to Series 1 of these ships still, or want to sell them at or close to retail?  Never saw them, and having Series 2 without Series 1 is just lame:P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Walmart's Titanium Series!
« Reply #29 on: July 1, 2005, 07:58 PM »
Looks like Series 3 of these ships is starting to trickle out now.  Just came across these on eBay:

- TIE Bomber
- Land Speeder
- Swamp Speeder  ???
- Naboo Fighter
- ARC-170 Fighter

Anyone know what else is in that series, or is it just those 5?  I've lost track...
« Last Edit: July 1, 2005, 08:00 PM by JediMAC »