Author Topic: Titanium Series - 3" DieCast Vehicle Line!  (Read 210361 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Walmart's Titanium Series!
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2005, 04:06 AM »
Only problem is that there were no Tie Bombers to be found...  It looked like I was first to the case, so I'm wondering if the Bombers aren't quite shipping yet, or something wierd?  Or maybe I wasn't first to the loot afterall...  I dunno.  But considering that's the one I wanted most from this series, I'm kinda bummed I didn't find it.

Scratch that.  Found a few Tie Bombers (and more Series 3) later on tonight, so all is well.  Sounds like Slothus found it tonight as well.  Good deal!  8)

EDIT:  Woah, that was trippy.  Simultaneous postings there, Jon!  And at 1:05am, no less!  :P
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 04:08 AM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2005, 04:15 AM »
Oh.  My.  God.

That Series 1 auction I mentioned earlier ended at $180 for the four ships.  Holy ****.  :o

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2005, 04:17 AM »
Hey dude I just opened mine and "flew" it around dropping bombs(simulated) on my cat -it was awesome! He hated it though- he's really grumpy and he started growling at the toy( my sounds effects must have been well, effective). These are the coolest ships ever- the cockpit slides open..the detail is incredible even right down to the undercarriage targeting pod. Sorry Matt-you're gonna be pissed when you open the pamphlet it shows in big pics your 'hated' series one ships. Can't wait for the Tydirium shuttle,vader's tie and the royal starship from series 4!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 05:01 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2005, 10:05 AM »
Yeah, the Titanium series is really detailed and cool. the only one I have is the Star Destroyer. It weighs a TON! It has a cool flip out Tantive IV.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2005, 01:48 PM »
Got Wave 3 and the 5 pack this morning. these are awesome.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2005, 02:02 PM »
The series 1 ships have gone up like 500%, to ridiculously insane amounts.  Hard to play catch up on those ships that I NEVER saw when they're hitting outrageous amounts like that.  And here's a Falcon that just went for $48.  Unbelievable.  These things have absolutely skyrocketed just in the past 2-3 weeks.  Used to be only the X-Wing going for $25+, but now they all are.  Insane.

I hadn't picked up any of these, but was considering trying to get some of the OT ships.  After looking through some auctions for the Falcon, I was quite frustrated as well.  Just too much for me.  I did noticed that we had some of the Series 3 at our local Wal-Mart, but I'm not sure what's left now.  I see that Hasbro updated today with news of the Titanium Series Ultra line, starting with the X-Wing and Gunship.  I'm guessing these are just larger versions, is that right?  If so, I might just wait and get a few from this line, depending on price.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2005, 03:15 PM »
Sigh...too bad Matt....looks like you'll get a chance at the tie fighter after all but this time it will be a "treasure hunt" due out in Jan 2006. Did you see the line up at EE.com? Under the drop down under "Star Wars" EE shows the new Titanium ships for 2006- a freakin' "treasure hunt" can you beleive this shipt!

PS I think it was on the second page....
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 03:18 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2005, 04:39 PM »
Under the drop down under "Star Wars" EE shows the new Titanium ships for 2006- a freakin' "treasure hunt" can you beleive this

Case Assortment =
1x Treasure Hunt TIE Fighter, 4x Jedi Attack Cruiser, 3x Clone Tank, 4x Speeder Bike with Trooper

Wow, what a truely stupid thing to do to this line as part of the launch to all retailers - to start grinding out "chase" ships?

Hasbro Guy #1:  "Now that everyone can sell these, not just Wal-Mart, what can we do to kill the line?"

Hasbro Guy #2: "I know - 1 per case chase pieces!"   

::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2005, 01:07 AM »
I wonder how big that Speederbike will be?  Those are small ships, right?  I was sort of hoping to see them sneak something larger into one of these assortments for the Speederbike, and maybe sneak us a resculpted to-scale Bike for the 3.75" figures.  I'd have dug that actually.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2005, 01:44 AM »
Chase ships.  Excellent.  ::)

So does that TIE look the same as the first one?  This one seems more "vintage white" to me.  Wasn't the first one more of a grey?

Jesse, yeah, these are small ships.  I think it's technically a 2" line (on average), so that Speeder will likely be just a little bigger than the size of the WOTC minis version.

Lame assortment there.

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2005, 07:06 AM »
I'm fired up about the Jedi Cruiser! :D  I'm getting 3 or 4 of them to form up with my Imperial Star Destroyers of the same line :D :D :D

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2005, 08:12 PM »
Found the new Titanium set with the raw metal TIE Bomber today at the Alexandria, VA Walmart.

Blake

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2005, 01:03 PM »
found the Tri-Droid, Anakin Starfighter, Star Destroyer, and Republic Gunship today  :)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2005, 05:08 PM »
Ok Dammit! what the hell IS going on with these...IS wave 4 going to be combined with other ships now in 2006(rumored) or are we gonna see it on the shelves soon?

wave 4
naboo royal starfighter,
wookie helicopter, 

sorry, can't remember the other 2 at this point

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2005, 05:14 PM »
Ok Dammit! what the hell IS going on with these...IS wave 4 going to be combined with other ships now in 2006(rumored) or are we gonna see it on the shelves soon?

Straight from Hasbro

"The Battle-ravaged Millennium Falcon, Wookiee Flyer, Darth Vader’s TIE Fighter, Jedi Starfighter (Version 2), Royal Starship, and Tyderium Shuttle 3"  Vehicles will be now be part of the 2006 collection and will be available in the spring."

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender