Author Topic: Titanium Series - 3" DieCast Vehicle Line!  (Read 211439 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Titanium Series - 3" DieCast Vehicle Line!
« Reply #510 on: January 16, 2008, 03:12 PM »
Ack, you didn't find a spare Galactica did you?  I need one and Scott has some stuff to send to me....please?

What do you guys think of the Hot Rod Starfighter ? ::)

I think it's hilarious.  Doesn't mean I won't buy it, but I look at it and laugh.  I can see hot wheels guys crossing over to buy it. :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 16, 2008, 03:19 PM »
Ack, you didn't find a spare Galactica did you?  I need one and Scott has some stuff to send to me....please?

I'll run back and check here in a bit...  ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 16, 2008, 03:31 PM »
No rush.  If you see another in your travels, think of me please. :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #513 on: January 17, 2008, 04:42 AM »
I kept putting the "new" Falcon, Tiin's Fighter, and the Speederbike Clone back on the pegs because I thought I already owned those.   :-\ 

Well, do you (and I) already own those, Mike?  I was having the same thought, wondering if these were straight repacks, but ultimately grabbed them just to play it safe.  So, what's the verdict on these three?  Any differences?  I can't even remember if they already made the Biker Scout and Saesee's Fighter...  Did they?  God, I'm getting senile (and extremely disorganized).  :-\

Someone help me, please!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 17, 2008, 09:04 AM »
Don't worry Matt.  This was the hardest Titanium wave for me to figure out what exactly was "new" and what wasn't.  The Falcon in this wave is clean.  I'm colorblind, but I remember reading that all of the past Falcons had some degree of weathering/paint deco differences.  Tinn's Fighter is just a repaint from Plo's and Kits now in pumpkin color.  I remembered this one was new because I believe they announced this wave back when he came out as a Transformer.  The Clone fooled me though.  I swore up and down that I already had him so I ultimatley left him behind, but here's a list of the folks that pilot the bike in this line currently:

Scout
Leia
Luke
Paploo
SnowTrooper
Clone

Sorry for the crappy pic, but I dropped my camera at a beach a few weeks ago and haven't had time to fix it up.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 18, 2008, 06:38 PM »
I saw these guys at Target today.  Multiples of each except only 1 Saesee Tiin's JSF and no Classic BSG.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 19, 2008, 10:35 AM »
I took a closer look at the Falcon and compared it to what I already have.  I believe this is the 6 release of the Falcon if you count the Silver in the Gift Pack and the Bronze from the Falcon Transformer.  It appears that the current Falcon is a straight repack from the very first falcon.  The only difference I can see is the packaging difference and maybe the very slightest shade difference on the orange highlights.  The newer version might have a lighter orange, but it's sooooo very slight that I think it's a straight repack.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 19, 2008, 04:55 PM »
Thanks for the pics Maul!  I'm somewhat colorblind so these things are difficult for me to figure out.  I no longer care about packaging variants so I'll have to be careful from this point on.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #518 on: January 25, 2008, 04:28 AM »
Thanks for the analysis guys, and the great pix there Kingsley!  Hmmm...  I've never sought to be a packaging completist with this line, and have always intended to get around to opening everything up, eventually.  So it looks like that Falcon may be able to get returned to the store now that I look at that great comparison shot there.  I'll have to ponder this for a while...

Saw a bunch more of the wave today at various Targets (including the BSG ship).

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 6, 2008, 10:55 AM »
I finally saw a couple of classic BSGs at Target after work yesterday in NoCal.  Both had packaging damage, I picked up the one that had the least.

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 3, 2008, 11:09 AM »
Got the latest Entertainment Earth catalog that showed an upcoming wave 4 with a Cylon Basestar (new series), E III Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace ring, Bongo, Sebulbas Pod Racer, Death Star and Tie Fighter.

Website has it up for preorder.
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 3, 2008, 02:06 PM »
Four Good ones and two repacks  Not bad...

I had no idea that the ep3 ring had 2 extra boosters on it.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #522 on: March 3, 2008, 02:16 PM »
Four Good ones and two repacks  Not bad...

I had no idea that the ep3 ring had 2 extra boosters on it.

Actually it has 4 additional boosters for a total of 6, versus the EII ring with 2.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 3, 2008, 02:21 PM »
Thanks for the clarification Jay.  I guess I'd have caught that - had I opened my TRU version (full size)  All of my lil Titaniums are packed away.  I was going to ask why they jumped from 2 to 6 boosters, but a Wookie told me why.   ;)
« Last Edit: March 3, 2008, 02:28 PM by iFett »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 3, 2008, 10:33 PM »
I still need that TIE Fighter, so I'm glad to see it rereleased.

Can someone remind which ships were "repainted" as gold versions and sold with the Transformers?  I think one was the Falcon, but the other escapes me.  And it was some sort of Transformer 2-pack, wasn't it?