Author Topic: evening folks  (Read 1646 times)

Offline hansloroll

• Youngling
  • attempting to complete my vintage collection
    • View Profile
evening folks
« on: March 2, 2003, 01:33 AM »
hello to all my name is shane and I'm from long island currently.I have been an avid collector of star wars and scifi in general from an early age.
Currently I am a carpenter,building houses,and an amateur artist with a dream and a goal.I'm 32 so probably not your typical individual that you encounter on most of these sites.I draw paint and sculpt but yet have to find the outlet for my creative energies that would allow others to share and enjoy my personal visions.
attempting to complete my vintage collection .Available for sculpting and painting.cantina monsters and droids a favorite project.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: evening folks
« Reply #1 on: March 2, 2003, 02:53 AM »
Welcome to JediDefender Shane!  Nice to have you here.  Don't kid yourself about not being an average SW collecting site surfer at the age of 32 though!  I'm 32 as well, and I know that there is an extremely large contingent of "adult" collectors, made up of folks between the approximate ages of 25 - 35.  We're the generation of kids that grew up on the original Star Wars, after all!  There's even a few old farts like DSJ, Membraneman, and Morgbug cruising the net as well, and they make 32 look downright young!  ;D

As for your artistic talents and interest, you might want to swing by the following thread, where Brad (Angry Ewok) is attempting to put together a cool little endeavor and is in need of some help in the art (or writing) department.  Here's the link, check it out:

Attention all Writers and Artists:

Enjoy the site, and let us know if there's anything we can do to make this a better place.   :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re:evening folks
« Reply #2 on: March 2, 2003, 04:25 AM »
Hi Shane. Welcome aboard.

I'm one of the old farts that JediMAC just talked about.  ;D

Have a look around & enjoy.  :)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re:evening folks
« Reply #3 on: March 4, 2003, 11:56 PM »
Shane,

I'm just about 30 (my golden birthday is on April 30th) and I've been a Star Wars collector for a long time).  Welcome aboard here!  Do you happen to have any pictures of your collection to share with us?  If so, please post some here...

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?board=17

I'd love to see what you have.  And if there's anything you're in need of or if you have duplicates you want to get rid of post something in the "Trading" forum (http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?board=22).

Thanks for joining the forum, and hope you enjoy your time here.

dustrho