Author Topic: Defender Wish Lists 2004: Return of the Jedi  (Read 20562 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Defender Wish Lists 2004: Return of the Jedi
« on: November 10, 2004, 03:52 PM »

Last year we ran an informal poll with your 10 most wanted characters from the current 5 Star Wars Films.  With the DVD release, an OT heavy year in 2004 and most of the plans done until Episode III, I thought it would be a good time to revisit those lists. Here's how it works: You send your Wish List for 10[/i] 3 3/4" Figures to me or post them here, be it new figures, resculpts or even re-releases and I'll tally the votes.  After four weeks of list taking I'll publish the results and we will move on to the next movie.  This time around it's the last OT movie, Return of the Jedi!  SW:ROTJ, or Episode VI.  If you need help coming up with names check out the Official Sites Databank:  Episode VI.  Have fun and thanks for sending in your lists (remember to limit it to ten)!

Also check out Red6's archive for the very obscurest of the obscure for more choices...

http://red6.tk

Last Year's Top 10 List (3 for 10):

#1 Chief Chirpa/Lumat
#2 General Madine
#3 Hermi Odle
#4 Yarna d'al Gargan
#5 Endor Leia (resculpt)
#6 Endor Luke (resculpt)
#7 Warok/ Romba

#8 J'Quille
#9 R2-D2 (Bartender)
#10 Moff Jerjerrod

ALSO NOTE:  Feel free to put the Ewoks in 2 Packs...its been done before and it makes room for more choices on your list ;)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 11:41 PM by Scott »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Defender Wish Lists 2004: Return of the Jedi
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 03:56 PM »
Return of the Jedi
1. Klaatu Palace version
2. Chief Chirpa/Lumat Two pack
3. Romba/Warok Two Pack
4. Hermi Odle
5. Skiff Nikto (Vintage Version)
6. Yarna d'al' Gargan
7. Weequay Skiff Master
8. Sgt Doallyn
9. Luke Endor
10. Moff Jerjerrod

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004, 04:06 PM »
Return of the Jedi

#1 Chief Chirpa/Lumat
#2 Endor Han Solo (resculpt)
#3 Hermi Odle
#4 Yarna d'al Gargan
#5 Endor Leia (resculpt)
#6 Endor Luke (resculpt)
#7 Warok/ Romba
#8 Princess Leia Boussh Disguise (resculpt)
#9 Skiff Nikto (Vintage Version)
#10 Moff Jerjerrod

I know, quite a few resculpts, but figures that I'd really like to see re-done using the current technologies.  It seems that the ewoks are the most glaring omission from ROTJ land, and there always seems to be more from the Palace :).

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 04:10 PM »
Original Picks:

Ok, #1 is the most important one.  Everything else is inconsequential as long as #1 is made.  The rest of picks reflect my love for freaky deaky aliens and droids.

1.  Jabba the Hutt (no brainer and I predict the #1 wish by a long shot)
2. Ak-Rev / Rappertunie
3.  Umpaz Stay (w/ #2 to have a full band)
4.  Hermi Odle
5.  J'Quille the Whiphid
6.  BG-J38
7.  R2-D2 w/ serving tray
8.  Tanus Spijek the Elom
9 and 10.  (2) two packs of the remaining vintage Ewoks not yet made: Chief Chirpa, Romba, Lumat and Warok.  Package them any way you want Hasbro, just make them.

New list:
1.  Hermi Odle (w/ Jabba gone he is now #1)
2.  Ak-Rev
3.  Umpaz Stay (w/ #2 to have a full band)
4.  Bane Malar
5.  Yarna d'al' Gargan
6.  BG-J38
7.  Sgt. Doallyn
8.  Moff Jerjerrod
9 and 10.  (2) two packs of the remaining vintage Ewoks not yet made: Chief Chirpa, Romba, Lumat and Warok.  Package them any way you want Hasbro, just make them.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004, 04:19 PM »
So what I'm understanding here, correct me if I'm wrong, is that you're not giving me any money so now I'm left basically with nothing. I'm left with zero. What can I do with zero, y'know, what can...I-I can't do anything with it. This is my life here, we're talking about we're not talking about something else, we're talking about my life, y'know and it's forcing me to do something I don't want to do. To leave to go out and just leave and go home and say make a clean cut here and say 'no way, corky. you're not putting up with these people and I'll tell why I can't put up with you people because you're bastard-people! That's what you are! You're just bastard people and I'm goin' home and I'm gonna I'm gonna bite my pillow. It's what I'm gonna do.

1. Hermi Odle
2. New Endor Luke
3. New Biker Scout
4. New Leia Boushh
5. Klaatu Palace
6. Gargan
7. New Bib Fortuna
8. New Spirit Anakin (swappable heads)
9. New Spirit Yoda
10. Chief Chirpa/Lumat

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2004, 04:21 PM »
Forgot about the new Spirit of Anakin figure, I wouldn't mind seeing that one made as well now.  Have to put that on the list somewhere :).

SilverZ

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2004, 05:09 PM »
This was a lot harder than ESB!

1. Leia in Boussh Disguise
2. Biker Scout SA
3. Emperor Palpatine SA
4. Hermie Odle
5. Yarna da’l Gargan
6. A-Wing Pilot (green flight suit w/ removable helmet, Gold Leader quality)
7. Endor Luke w/ poncho
8. Chief Chirpa
9. Anakin Skywalker Spirit
10. Ak-Rev w/ drums

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2004, 06:06 PM »
  1. Yarna d'al' Gargan
  2. Hermie Odle
  3. Endor Luke w/ poncho
  4. Chief Chirpa
  5. Lumat
  6. Warok
  7. Romba
  8. Moff Jerjerrod
  9. Ishi Tib (Jabba's Palace)
10. Woof (SP?, Jabbas Dungeon)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2004, 07:47 PM »
REBELS

-Kedin Yuru-Grey Leader

-Luke Skywalker - Endor Gear(super articulate w/ soft goods)

IMPERIALS

-Moff Jerjerrod
-Imperial Gantry Droid (no pic available, seen behind Moff Jerjerrod in Death Star 2 Hangar)

JABBA'S PALACE

-Hermi Odle
-Weequay-Skiff Captain
-Sergeant Doallyn
-Ishi Tib

EWOKS

-Chief Chirpa-Ewok Chief
-Lumat
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2004, 08:18 PM »
So here's my list for ROTJ...

Lots of Honorable's at the end there, which shows this was really a hard choice for me.  In the end, I'm on a SA figure kick though so I'm wanting SA versions of the heroes and troopers because that's a must at this point after getting these great SA figures in the VOTC line. 

Chewie's been done now too, so I'm game for Han, Luke and Leia having their figures.

1)  Super Articulated Han Solo with Trench Coat...  Either do it with a NICELY done softgoods coat (tough, but possible), or pull a 21st Century Toys maneuver, include two sets of SA arms (coat and shirt arm sets) that pop off and include a pliable sculpted coat.  21st just did a German in Trench Coat that way and it's flawless.  Of course a working holster is a must.

2) Super Articulated Luke Skywalker in Endor...  With a removable cloth (no sculpted) poncho and removable belt and helmet.  Include a saber that attaches to the belt as well, and if they'd be real creative, a removable "vest" piece too so it coudl double as an Endor surrender Luke.

3) Super Articulated Leia Endor...  With a removable cloth Poncho, removable belt, removable helmet, working holster w/blaster.  A great figure...

PS: On both Endor Leia and Luke, it'd be neat if they included the ball/socket hip like on VOTC Luke.  Make them better fits on a possibly resculpted Speeder bike down the road?

4) Super Articulated Endor Rebel Soldier...  Either the POTF2 style or the Saga style, but Super articulated with removable helmet, backpack, and a firm plastic rifle.  A cloth sachel with explosives would really rock too.  And of course, head variants.

5) Hermi Odle...  I want my Hermi Odle figure.

6) Super Articulated Biker Scout...  Without a DOUBT, this is a must have.  I'd like an ultra version with a NEWLY sculpted, properly scaled/detailed, Speeder bike.  Include ball/socket hips so he can mount the bike properly, and a clear stand for it to "hover" when you're displaying it.  Perfection in my book.

7) A-Wing Pilot...  A new, nicely articulated, removable helmet, A-Wing Pilot (Human). 

8 ) Ewok Army Builder...  Teebo's entire sculpt reused, redecoed, and just give him a new "generic" hood, and pack him in with a spear, stone axe, and bow/quiver set.  Variants in fur pattern/color, and hood color, would be UBER welcome.  The ultimate Ewok Army Building figure.

9) Soft Goods Emperor Palpatine...  Poseable Palpatine capable of actually sitting on a throne, toilet, toilet throne, or in his lounge chair.

10) Super Articulated Emperor's Royal Guard...  ERG with full armor (EU) sculpting under the robes, cloth (red silk-ish) robes, and a pike.  Absolutely incredible figure for mucho Emperor defense!

HONORABLE MENTION:

-B-Wing Pilot...  Proper Color, Human, Removable helmet.
-Rebel as Biker Scout...  Removable helmet, use SA Scout body.
-New Dresellian Commando (sans Eyepatch)
-Rebel "Crewman" in the brown uniforms on Home One.
-Properly colored Y-Wing Pilot
-Moff Jerjerrod
-Super Articulated (reusing some parts of VOTC Vader even) Vader with removable helmet and hand...  New, ball/socket elbow arms a must though.
-Sgt. Doallynn (Skiff and Palace)
-Klaatu Palace
-Vintage Barada
-Vintage Nikto
-Romba
-Warok
-Lumat
-ALL NEW Wicket
-SA AT-ST Driver
-Chief Chirpa
-Poseable Gam. Guard
-Other Rancor Keeper (alien with beedy eyes consoling Malakili)
-White jumpsuited Takeel from Palace
-SA Throne Room Duel Luke

Yeah, lotta figures from ROTJ NEED done at this point.

I want that Army Builder Ewok more than the vinty's done though. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2004, 08:27 PM »
Ok here's my top 10 wish list for ROTJ....

1.) Throne Room Duel Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker (w/ VOTC Han articulation, Endor poncho, helmet, belt, and lightsaber with removable blade so the hilt can be put on the belt)

2.) Endor Han Solo (w/ VOTC Han articulation, Endor trench coat and blaster)

3.) Chief Chirpa/Wicket 2-Pack (Wicket would be an all new and more accurate sculpt)

4.) Hermi Odle

5.) Klaatu (Resculpt of the vintage 83 Klaatu)

6.) Weequay (A complete resculpt and paintjob to match the 2nd Weequay on the Sail Skiff)

7.) Imperial Scout Trooper (w/ VOTC Stormtrooper articulation and scout blaster)

8.) Bib Fortuna (an accurate resculpt)

9.) Emperor's Royal Guard (an accurate resculpt where the robes flow smoothly across the entire body, similiar in execution to the vintage ERG)

10.) Imperial Dignitary (a resculpt of the vintage release, some call him Sate Pestage others call him something else that I can't recall. either way this figure has to be made)
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2004, 12:02 AM »
First off I agree with everyones choices. It is hard to come up with just ten to list from ROTJ, but I will try.

1.) SA Scout Trooper (just as Jesse said, but with supply pack, imperial blaster rifle, and useable holster with scout blaster. Also would be great for the Speeder bike to have gear)
2.) SA Ewoks with removable gear and extra weapons (I know I'm dreaming big, but what the heck.  Need redos of Wicket, Logray, Teebo, Paploo. As well as the vintage ones redone, Lumat, Warok, Romba, Chief Chirpa. Don't forget any new ones, too many to list.)
3.) SA Bib Fortuna (rescuplt with many extras)
4.) SA Pilots (A-wing, B-wing, Y-wing. All with removable helmet and detailed gear like Gold leader)
5.) SA Skiff Guards (Weequay skiff master, Sgt. Doallynn, Klaatu, Barada, and Nikto. All with extra gear, holster, blaster, vibro axe, etc.)
6.) SA Palace Guards (Weequay, Sgt. Doallynn, Klaatu, Barada, Nikto, Gamorrean. All with extra gear, holster, blaster, vibro axe, etc.)
7.) Any one else from ROTJ just with SA and goodies. I'm getting carried away, so I'm going to stop here before I have everyone listed form this movie.

roron
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2004, 08:11 AM »
#1   Moff Jerjerrod
#2   Yarna d'al Gargan
#3   Weequay drummer for the band
#4   Hermi Odle
#5   Warok/ Romba
#6   Chief Chirpa/Lumat
#7   Bib Fortuna (resculpt)
#8   Sgt. Doallyn
#9   Klaatu Palace version
#10 Female ewok and baby

That was my last update in the original thread.   I can't say that I'd change anything, but I love the other ideas listed in this thread.   I might be tempted to push out Bib Fortuna and replace him with SA Emperor with soft goods robe, but that's about it.  I also would love many of the SA army builders. My other honorable mentions go to  Skiff Nikto (Vintage Version), Weequay Skiff Master, resculpted Endor Han, Luke, & Leia with soft goods (these were left off the list since after multiple tries, Hasbro has never gotten them right).   I just noticed that from the same post I pulled my quote off that at one point I had a resculpt of the vintage imperial dignitary and he was replaced with the female ewok & wokling.   Maybe that gets honorable mention now and changing my list to:

#1   Moff Jerjerrod
#2   Yarna d'al Gargan
#3   Ak-Rev w/ drums
#4   Hermi Odle
#5   Warok/ Romba
#6   Chief Chirpa/Lumat
#7   Bib Fortuna (resculpt)
#8   Sgt. Doallyn
#9   Klaatu Palace version
#10 Vintage Imperial Dignatary (resculpt) [he was the coolest looking]

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2004, 08:52 AM »
1. Weequay Skiff Master-the Weequay with the holster who was on Han's skiff(the other Weequay)

2. Han Solo Endor w/trenchcoat resculpt

3. Princess Leia Endor w/poncho resculpt

4. Klaatu Jabba's Palace

5. Nikzuc Bek(Luke force grabs his gun in Jabba's Palace)

6. Fozec(black skinned male human with helmet)

7. Ishi Tibb Jabba's Palace

8. Han Solo Carbonite resculpt

9. Velken Tezeri human Skiff Guard

10. Barada red pants new sculpt

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2004, 08:53 AM »