Author Topic: TV Specials  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
TV Specials
« on: November 10, 2004, 10:03 PM »
I figured since we have a Movie thread, so I figured we could use one to talk about TV Specials. So to start:

MTV Ultimate Mash Ups: Jay-Z vs. Linkin Park

"MTV Ultimate Mash-Ups: Jay-Z vs. Linkin Park
mtv ultimate mash-ups takes the hottest new advance in music creativity - mash-ups - and brings it to a raucous audience. Think concert series meets rap battle. No computers. No samples. It is immediate, it is loud, and it is live. mtv ultimate mash-ups will bring acts with the BIGGEST mainstream hits together and, in front of a live audience, challenge them to mash their songs together for the better. It's part team sport, part individual skills, and entirely new and different. The greatest rapper alive, Jay-Z, can work with anyone he wants and he wants to work with Linkin Park. Between the two, Jay and Linkin Park have combined to sell 35+ million records, won multiple Grammys and played live to packed arenas and stadiums. After the release of Jay-Z's a cappella version of THE BLACK ALBUM, DJ's all over the world used vinyl and computer programs to pair his distinctive vocals with other great works - from the Beatles to Metallica to Prince. But it's never been done live. until now. We're there as Jay steps off a plane into the Los Angeles sunshine on his way to meet with the boys from Linkin Park. It's their first meeting and the first time they'll discuss how the performance will all go down. It's just two days away. From there we will capture the discussions, rehearsals, and final performance, all in a cinematic and dramatic style. mtv ultimate mash-ups will test this new form of collaboration by completely remixing two songs into one -- LIVE. it will look different and feel different because it is different."-MTV.com

AIR DATES:
 Wed 11/10 

10:30 PM

Thu 11/11 

11:30 AM

Fri 11/12 

6:00 PM

Fri 11/12 

11:30 PM

Sat 11/13 

8:00 AM

Sat 11/13 

2:00 PM

Mon 11/15 

7:30 AM

Ya dig?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: TV Specials
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 10:09 PM »
Wow, dude - you really have a hard-on for this Jay-Z/Linkin Park thing, huh?  ;D

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004, 10:11 PM »
Wow, dude - you really have a hard-on for this Jay-Z/Linkin Park thing, huh?  ;D

Sure, if that's what you kids are calling it these days.

But I figured there are lot's of TV Specials that don't get much forum love, so why not?

Kevin

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 11:25 PM »
When's this coming on this year?

It's the TV Special that is Special

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2004, 02:08 PM »
It's weird how the "Charlie Brown" specials originated on CBS but now ABC has the rights to them. We watched the "Great Pumpkin" one a couple of weeks ago. The T'giving special should be on soon.

Offline Vote for Chewbacca the Wookiee

• Youngling
  • If you haven't seen me before, I'm new to you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2004, 03:00 PM »
It's weird how the "Charlie Brown" specials originated on CBS but now ABC has the rights to them. We watched the "Great Pumpkin" one a couple of weeks ago. The T'giving special should be on soon.
"The Black Album" - did Jay-Z cover Metallica?
"The truths we cling to depend greatly on our pwn point of view." - Ben Kenobi
Appearing for the first time anywhere outside of Rebelscum, Chewbacca the...

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2004, 03:13 PM »
Haven't a foggy idea on that one. I have been out of the mainstream rap loop, save Eminem, for a while, so I dunno. The Black Album was to signify the end of his solo carrier, and his move to collaborations and producing, with other artists.

Kevin

Did anyone watch Alexander The Great on the History Channel? He's my favorite historical figure of all time, and I was facinated immensly with this documentary.

Any other watchers?