Author Topic: Your Favorite Price is Right Game  (Read 4872 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Your Favorite Price is Right Game
« on: November 16, 2004, 10:14 AM »
http://gscentral.net/pricing1.htm

Let's say you get lucky and get a chance to be on the Price is Right.  Besides spinning the Big Wheel (everyone's own fantasy I know), which game would you want to play?

With so many to choose from its a tough decision...Plinko, Cliff Hangers, Putt to Win a Car etc  Ever since I was a wee lad I always was enthralled by the Punch Game...so that's my choice

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Your Favorite Price is Right Game
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 10:19 AM »
I always wanted to do one of the ones where you guessed the next number in the price of the car... there are several options for this... There's the one where you pull the numbers out of the bag trying not to pull out the X's, or the one where you roll the die and guess if the number is higher or lower than what you rolled or the one where you ask "gentlemen, do I have four numbers right" - or the one where you step from square to square getting the numbers the car.

Plinko would rule though.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 10:21 AM »
Oooh, the "gentlemen, do I have 4 numbers right" game is a good one.  One of my friend's brothers won a bunch of stuff including a showcase showdown when he was on.  Lucky Bastard >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 10:42 AM »
Oh man, I grew up on the Price is Right.  I cannot believe that Bob Barker is still alive (if he really is ;)) but I watched this from about age 5 onwards, so 35 years now.  Something like that anyway.  Always watched it on sick days when home from school and now as an adult I still watch it whenever I can.  Sad, ain't it? 

I thought the question was going to be your favorite Price is Right model but that may have been wishful thinking.  Hard to answer now that they've gone with the rotating door scheme.  Seldom the same three models on for more than a week in a row.  Probably the producers decision given that Bob is a wee bit of a skank and probably did all of the former regulars.  Maybe not Holly, but certainly Dianne and Jan. 

While we're at it (and this may not apply to the kiddies, as they won't have a clue) but which model do you prefer:
Dianne - posed in Playboy in the twilight of her career
Jan - posed in Playboy prior to being on TPIR (I think her mom was one of the early models in Playboy as well)
Holly - no nude pics to be found (yeah, I looked) but strangely hot

As far as the games go, I think putting for the car would be my fave.  So many cool games though.  Neat topic.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2004, 11:58 AM »
Always watched it on sick days when home from school and now as an adult I still watch it whenever I can.  Sad, ain't it? 

I'm 24 and I have the exact same memories... my favorite part about being sick was being able to watch the price is right.

Of course, probably everyone who went to school at any point in the last 3 decades feels the exact same way.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2004, 12:02 PM »
Especially being young and watching the aforementioned beauties.

My favorite was Diane, she's got it where it counts :)

Offline C

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2004, 12:14 PM »
plinko all the way. no skill necessary, just you, gravity and several dozen metal pegs stand between fortune or pocket change.

well i guess there was the skill part of getting the chips to begin with, but is it really considered skill to know the retail value of rice a roni?

i haven't watched this show for awhile. not since... well, you know...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2004, 12:18 PM »
Plinko seems to be the people's choice no doubt, there's just some mystical draw for me of people punching through the thin membrane and plunging their hands in the dark holes and pulling out the big prize

Offline C

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2004, 01:15 PM »
hmmm... i'd say there's a little more than myth behind that fascination there...

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2004, 02:26 PM »
Plinko seems to be the people's choice no doubt, there's just some mystical draw for me of people punching through the thin membrane and plunging their hands in the dark holes and pulling out the big prize

Are we still talking The Price is Right here?

Cause I like that game too.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline General Grievous

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2004, 04:48 PM »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2004, 04:50 PM »
Judging by her hair color...and Bob's hair and suit, I'd say Rod Roddy is playing Punchboard with her in the great unknown

Offline General Grievous

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2004, 05:15 PM »
That's sad. I hope she had some kids....or grandkids.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2004, 06:35 PM »
Plinko was spiffy, and I remember actually feeling a little bit anxious and excited, even from home.  Could've been the prize girls though, I dunno.

But I liked the game with the mountain climber as well...  The song was creepy, but I remember as a young child how I would sorta be scared when the dude went over the edge.  There was an equal rush when he'd just stop at the very end.

It was cool...  And I wanted to play with the game itself with my G.I. Joes on it.  Dunno why, but it looked like a neat Cobra Mountain playset to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline General Grievous

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2004, 08:52 PM »
I also like the game with the yoddler. It's best when it almost falls, but doesn't. I also like the baseball game where there is a sack of numbers and strikes.