Author Topic: Antilles/Ozzel/"Angle Cut Arms" & Fun!!!  (Read 3058 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Antilles/Ozzel/"Angle Cut Arms" & Fun!!!
« on: November 19, 2004, 12:56 AM »
Yes, you too can enjoy the fun of simply re-arranging the left and right arms of your mundane human officers from Saga!  :)

OK, perhaps this only works on a few, but...

Captain Antilles, if you take his right and left arms, and simply replace them, and then swap the hands around so they're correct of course, creates Antilles with a very VERY neutral, "Straight" arm pose. 

He can still do the hands behind the back "at ease" pose, but now he can hold a blaster out like he's gonna shoot someone and it looks normal.  The choking feature's gone, but it's a much more neutral and useful set of arms.  Much more diverse in poses.

Ozzel works pretty much the exact same way, though the effect's not 100% as cool as Antilles.  It is still quite great actually.  I highly recommend trying these moves with your figures though.  Makes the Ozzel and Antilles BOTH a much better figure for army building/customizing since the arms are now not nearly as awkward looking when in front of the figure.  Much more natural, and all you need is new heads, and you've got a nice army of officers for your troops on either side of the Galactic Civil War.

NOW GO CUSTOMIZE YOU FREAKS!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Antilles/Ozzel/"Angle Cut Arms" & Fun!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 01:35 PM »
Yep, I've noticed the same thing Jesse.  It's funny how such a simple parts swap can look so cool... :D

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 04:34 PM »
It took one of the only major CONS I had on Antilles and really (No pun) turned it around.

Sooo, by turning the arms around, I had very little real gripe with the figure at all.  Still not articulated WELL, but better than before.

Time to buy up Antilles figures in my area because I'm whipping up an officer army.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2004, 12:25 PM »
I wish I could get a ton of those helmets he wears for cheap.  It's so much better than the one that's on the Rebel Fleet Trooper... then I could make a much better Rebel army.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 02:31 PM »
http://planetactionfigure.com/default.php

Request answered!  I just ordered 10 of the Antilles figures for $1.99 each at the above link!

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2004, 03:23 PM »
1.99! Dear god it's an armybuilding wet dream! Quickly, I need a credit card, STAT!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2004, 05:41 PM »
Quickly, I need a credit card, STAT!

:)

I love you. Thanks for the well placed laugh.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life