Author Topic: Palpatine and Sidious and Sifo Dyas  (Read 7484 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Palpatine and Sidious and Sifo Dyas
« on: October 3, 2003, 11:38 AM »
Anyone still think differently that they are one and the same, I hope not...

From theforce.net

- Palpatine and Sidious are the same person. The dark side shrouds everything, even Jedi eyes.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 04:50 PM by OCB »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Palpatine and Sidious
« Reply #1 on: October 3, 2003, 11:42 AM »
I've known this since I saw The Phantom Menace.  Between that and the confirmation in one of the online chats at the Official site, I hope nobody is hanging on to that theory.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: October 3, 2003, 11:45 AM »
It is amazing what people will try and do though to try and say Palpatine is a clone or Sidious is a clone or they are different...the fact that 50% of the audience is not hardcore into SW, this will be a surprise to a lot of people still

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 3, 2003, 12:16 PM »
It does not take much to throw people off especially if they are just a casual fan.  Chancellor Palpatine, Emperor, Emperor Palpatine, Darth Sidious now who are all these people?  Then you thrown in Sifo-Dyas and nobody knows what end is up.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #4 on: October 3, 2003, 01:49 PM »
Hey Broem, have you spoken with George or Rick about this recently? They always seem to spill the beans to you!  ;D
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: October 3, 2003, 08:43 PM »
This was what sparked a hot debate at Scum the other day, and it boiled down to more or less a "What's canon" argument...  With the movie confirming it not being out it's still a thing that's open to debate.

It seems too logical for Lucas to pull something goofy on it, so I think they're the same person, but hey he's 100% capable of throwing every bit of logic out the window and putting something completely stupid into the plot just to make it "interesting" (In his eyes only I suppose).

The whole debate seems sorta pointless though...  Who cares?  Wait'll the flick comes out.  :)  Shame it's something people actually get upset and argue over.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2004, 04:23 PM »
My idea:

Palpatine was a real guy from Naboo, pretty powerful Senator etc.  Right before TPM the real Sith Lord (Syfo-Dyas) kills the real Palpatine, pretends to off himself and assumes Palpatine's place in the Senate.  He's either so powerful in the dark side or a shape shifter.  Before this he orders the Clones, Erases Kamino and gets himself elected Chancellor...voila

Offline P'dubs

• Jedi Initiate
  • Bow to the might that is the Sith.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2004, 06:21 PM »
The theory of Palpatine being a clone is pretty sound.
"They were all around me and they kept on saying "Utini Utini"."

SilverZ

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2004, 07:17 PM »
OCB - That's the most plausible idea I've seen that avoids the "mwahahah I was evil all along!" direction everyone seems to think its going. I'd love it to turn out to be the case. It would be much more interesting since that can be filmed through discovery and action instead of the Scooby Doo villian explains it all to the meddling Jedi speach I'm terrified of sitting through.

Offline Darth Moribund

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 4, 2004, 01:12 AM »
   THEY ARE DEFFINATLY ONE IN THE SAME. THE THING SEPERATING THE IDENTITIES IS THE TWO SIDES THAT ARE BEING PLAYED. ALTHO HE IS BAD AND ALL HE IS JUST POSSITIONING HIS BALANCE OF POWER BETWEEN THE SEPERATISTS AND THE REPUBLIC.  DOES THAT MAKE SENCE??         Darth Moribund
Souless eyes hypnotize. Mesmerize the thoughts inside your brain. The pain. The thoughts of going insane ! I will not die in vain !

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 4, 2004, 01:51 PM »
I Still to this day, do not understand this at all!!!!!

How are they the same?  Just how?  

How is Palpatine, Darth Sidious?
I would like to know, please, because this really confuses, me.

Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Darth Moribund

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 4, 2004, 02:08 PM »
palpatine played both sides in order to obtain power. in the EP1 book there is a mention about the fall of the sith and of one who remained for years. waiting....

so he is good in the senete and has power to top it off. and he is playing the Sidious role to wage war and possition himself when any opertunity arrives to strive to what it is he is seeking. total dominance of the gallexy. something like this !
Souless eyes hypnotize. Mesmerize the thoughts inside your brain. The pain. The thoughts of going insane ! I will not die in vain !

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: March 4, 2004, 02:10 PM »
See I don't buy the fact that Palpatine has been a Sith Lord all the while he went through the ranks of Naboo Politics and then the Galactic Senate...it doesn't make sense

What does make sense is that the real Sith Lord killed Palpatine and assumed his identity (Dark Side powers cloud his true appearance OR he is a shapeshifter ala Zam)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 4, 2004, 02:31 PM »

What does make sense is that the real Sith Lord killed Palpatine and assumed his identity (Dark Side powers cloud his true appearance OR he is a shapeshifter ala Zam)

Now I understand this a whole lot more.

This makes more sense, a lot more sense. Maybe they will talk about this in EPIII.
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Darth Moribund

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 4, 2004, 08:58 PM »
 everything is a possability. realy. the thought of a Sith Lord taking Palpatine's identity is a mad twist !!

i once read before the they released the Special Edition in the theatre that Palpatine was a senator who rose to power in the Republic only to turn his back and declare himself Emperor.

the Sith thing was that only 2 are to be around so there is no power struggle amongst them. Palpatine/ Sidious had Maul as his apprentice. when killed, he had Tyrannus/Dooku (Dooku in Japaneese means "poison"). then, Anakin/Vader. and we know about the power of Vader and what Anakin meant to the Jedi. he was loaded w/ power. Anakin is a shortened name of a race of giants taken from the Bible. Genesis i think.