Author Topic: Palpatine and Sidious and Sifo Dyas  (Read 7509 times)

Offline Montross

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Palpatine and Sidious
« Reply #15 on: March 7, 2004, 01:43 AM »
I know they are the same guy but I always find myself trying to find subtle differences in the 2 chracters.  Such as consintrating on the lower half of the face. Also I try to compare the voices. Also if you think about it. How can he just split from his office(being such an important leader) and go off to a hide out all by himself.  It's like the president of the US suddenly leaving washington and going all the way to CA by himself just to watch Linkin Park in concert with out anyone knowing. Yes, I know its a weirdass analogy but it works  ;) I also heard that palpy is indeed something of a changeling. He is some how able to keep himself looking normal until E3 where he lets it all go loose and he has a scary face and yellow eyes. I dont care, just seein him bust out a saber will be cool enough.

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 7, 2004, 04:56 AM »
if sidious has taken palpatiens identity, why would he keep that identity after he has gained control over the galaxy???

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 7, 2004, 12:09 PM »
if sidious has taken palpatiens identity, why would he keep that identity after he has gained control over the galaxy???

True, that!! That is a great point, Playgirl!

Very Questionable!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Darth Moribund

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 7, 2004, 04:55 PM »
 very good indeed ! the thing about Palpatine's eyes and skin, etc is that the darkside consumes you. rotting the flesh as well as contaminating the soul. pure evil.
Souless eyes hypnotize. Mesmerize the thoughts inside your brain. The pain. The thoughts of going insane ! I will not die in vain !

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: March 7, 2004, 10:52 PM »
Because the rest of the Galaxy probably wouldn't take to kindly to being duped by an evil stand-in...hence the Rebellion, Bail, Mon Mothma, Padme etc probably find out that the "lie" that Dooku told Obi-Wan is true

Offline Darth Moribund

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 8, 2004, 01:43 PM »
  i'll agree w/ that. Palpatine/ Sidious are one smart , sneeky son of guns ! anyway to gain control.
Souless eyes hypnotize. Mesmerize the thoughts inside your brain. The pain. The thoughts of going insane ! I will not die in vain !

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2004, 04:48 PM »
My idea:

Palpatine was a real guy from Naboo, pretty powerful Senator etc.  Right before TPM the real Sith Lord (Syfo-Dyas) kills the real Palpatine, pretends to off himself and assumes Palpatine's place in the Senate.  He's either so powerful in the dark side or a shape shifter.  Before this he orders the Clones, Erases Kamino and gets himself elected Chancellor...voila

I was thinking about Sifo Dyas today for some reason...anyone have a guess better than mine?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 04:49 PM by OCB »

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Palpatine and Sidious and Sifo Dyas
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2004, 07:29 PM »
My guess:

Sidious is Palpatine, Syfo Dyas was Dooku. C'mon it's Lucas, don't expect it to be something really elaborate!  :P

Other there theory: Sidious has trained by Darth Bane and has lived for 1000s of years. Finally, he begins to gain power and control and assumes the name of Palpatine after killing the real one. Sidious is able to shed his skin so to speak and can travel from body to body. Sidious is just a spirit that can assume different hosts (Dark Empire).
The Palpatine host is eventually killed. Sidious lives on, cue Episodes VII-IX.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: November 4, 2004, 12:11 AM »
So...what's with the teeth?

They sort of match what the Emperor looks like in ROTJ, but they seem far different than what Palpatine would look like in the PT...conjectures?

SilverZ

« Reply #24 on: November 4, 2004, 12:29 AM »
I like the look here, certainly it's not consistent with ROTJ, but it's not consistent with TPM or AOTC Sidious either. There has to be something revealed in ROTS about his "veiling" that also explains this look, me thinks.

Maybe he's somehow concealed his appearance (or non-hideousness) as Senator/Chancelor Palpatine in a way that maybe he still does to some extent in the OT.

Then again maybe it's just artistic license to make him freakin' scary for this scene. It sure looks psychotic. Love it.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: November 4, 2004, 09:49 AM »
Hmm, perhaps my original thought that Sidious is using the Dark Side to alter his appearance OR is a shape shifter is right.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #26 on: November 4, 2004, 10:06 AM »
Well, we never see Palps with his mouth open like that in ROTJ, so its possible that's what Ian McDiarmid looks like with his mouth open wide and fake rotten teeth in. He did have the creepy teeth in ROTJ, remember. They always freaked me out as a kid.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: November 4, 2004, 10:15 AM »
Right, the teeth match ROTS to ROTJ, I guess I'm not sure if we have seen him mouth Wide Open about take a bite out of a Tauntaun Burger or not

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 4, 2004, 10:25 AM »
Shape Shifter or uses dark side to conceal his true appearance.  Is it possible that Palpatine is a clone of Sidous?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: November 4, 2004, 10:31 AM »
That is a pretty common idea Jim and I guess its plausible.  I'm not sure how that will work in the reveal though...I've read some spoilerish rumors that point my way too but nothing concrete