Author Topic: Jesse's Collection - small update page 9  (Read 44355 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Jesse's Collection - small update page 9
« on: November 20, 2004, 11:00 PM »
For my most recent pics, see this post here. (October 2008)

Well, even though my Star Wars room is never truly done, this is how it looks today.  We bought a house last year, and it's so great to finally have a home for everything.  But I do need to knock out a wall to the next room - I'm already out of space and still have my Micromachines boxed up.  I've just got to convince the wifey that it's a good idea - how long do you think that will take?   :)

This is actually the hallway outside my room, it just keeps growing!

Lots of glare in this pic, but it gives you an idea of the hallway from the other angle:

And a closeup of some of my favourite deluxe figs:

One of favourite sections, my Darth Vader shrine:

My one and only carded vintage figure, hopefully will be joined by more in the future:

These are some of my favourites, the Unleashed:

The Power of the Jedi line has always been my favourite, because of items like the 25th Anniversary packs:

Here's a shot of my line-up of vintage baddies and my favourite vehicle, the AT-AT:

And at another angle you can see some of other vintage stuff:

7 down, 5 to go, still working on completing my VOTC collection:

And here's the heart of my collection, about 300 modern figs here, 3 or 4 figures deep on pegboard.  This way I can rotate which figs I actually display.  Someday I'll have enough wallspace to show them all at once!

Of course, I had to get a few doubles to open:

Love that Wampa!

And my sole 12" figure, Han with his Tauntaun, a Christmas gift from my mother-in-law a couple of years ago.  And they say the in-laws are all bad...  ;)

And as a sidenote, I'm a big Bruin fan:

Hope you enjoyed.  I just received my chrome GG Vader and Jango busts, which will need a home in there somewhere:

************************************************************************************

************************************************************************************

Additions as of Jan 2, 2005:

Time to add my recent acquisitions! 

My Christmas gift to myself:  2 Stormtrooper Mini-Busts, now comfortably with the Vader and Jango chrome busts and Luke Stormtrooper:

I've got a couple Bust-Ups, including Chewie and Han (thanx to Jeff  :)) and both Leias (thanx to freebies from GG with my Stormie busts).  Now that I've got this many, I may be forced (ouch, my rubber arm  ;)) into completing this wave, and certainly the next.

I also acquired my second unique Darth Vader bust.  I've come across both of these versions on eBay, and just can't pass up on these neat looking items - besides, they light up!  This meant I had to rearrange my Darth Vader shrine, but they look nice next to the Technic Lego Darth Vader:

I also picked up the Darth Vader Voice Changer and Deluxe Lightsaber (not shown) - hopefully next Halloween I'll be making an appearance as the Lord of the Sith.  I also picked up some ceramic mugs:

And finally, my daughter Emily posed in my SW room.  She loves to look around with me and is (usually) quite careful.  Emily = next generation Star Wars fan.  Her favourite?  Well, Princess Leia and Queen Amidala, of course!   :)

January 21 Mini-Update:

I've added Mace Windu and Count Dooku, I must find Vader!

Feb 15, 2005:

Gentle Giant Stormtrooper Bust-Ups 3x 3-packs from SWS.com:

Kinder Surprise Star Wars Hippos:

They are named as follows:
Leia - Prinzessin Hippeia
Luke - Luke Eiwalker
Chewie - Aubacca
Han - Happy Han
Jango -  Jango Jet  (I'm not sure why they chose Jango over Boba, he's the only non-OT figure)
C-3PO - H-IPO
Vader - Dark Laser
Obi-Wan - Obi-Wan Hippobi
R2-D2 - Erzwo Hippo
Yoda - Hippoda
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 01:52 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: JesseVader08's Collection
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 11:03 PM »
Ah, linky no work. Have to log in.  :'(

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 11:10 PM »
Oops, give me a minute, I'll try and fix it.

EDIT:  OK, I'll try and get the pics by morning.   :(
« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 11:45 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 11:47 PM »
No problem, these things do happen with linking from hosting sites. Looking forward to seeing your collection.  :)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2004, 12:45 AM »
OK, they're up and running, thanks for checking them out!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2004, 12:52 AM »
Now thats better. Very, very nice collection Jesse, nicely laid out & clean.  8)

Thanks for sharing.  :)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2004, 12:56 AM »
Nice collection there Jesse. Pegboard to store carded figures is a great idea, and like you said you can rotate which figures are out in front of the display :) Thanks for sharing  ;D

I have that same Vader thing, the ceramic one on the bottom right, but mine doesn't have a lightsaber. There doesn't seem to be a hole in his hand or anything like that, but it's exactly the same Vader, just no saber. Of course, I got mine in an ebay vintage lot a few years ago, so I'm not sure exactly what it's supposed to be... did it come with that saber?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2004, 01:33 AM »

I have that same Vader thing, the ceramic one on the bottom right, but mine doesn't have a lightsaber. There doesn't seem to be a hole in his hand or anything like that, but it's exactly the same Vader, just no saber. Of course, I got mine in an ebay vintage lot a few years ago, so I'm not sure exactly what it's supposed to be... did it come with that saber?

Yeah, it came with the saber, I got it on eBay a couple of months ago.  It doesn't appear to be a licensed piece, because all it has on the bottom is the initials G.H.  I've seen a few different versions of this thing on eBay - some with eyes that light up, some with the holes in the body in different locations, and still others that seem to be just the same as mine.   I know absolutely nothing about making ceramics, but I think it must have been some sort of commercially available mold that allowed people to make them at home.  I just thought it was unique and could light up my room, so it's actually one of my favourite items.  :)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2004, 02:10 AM »
Hmmm, I didn't even realize it lit up until you just said that. Mine doens't light up at all  :-\  :'(

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2004, 12:19 AM »
that's a cool looking display you have going jessevader. a nice efficient setup that shows off the vibrant coloring of the modern packaging. but I implore you though, free the figures from their plastic/cardboard coffins!!!  ;D
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2004, 11:20 PM »
...I implore you though, free the figures from their plastic/cardboard coffins!!!  ;D

Believe me, I've played with that idea many times!  But I've had them carded for so long, I just haven't been able to do it.  Yet?   ???  :)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2004, 11:25 PM »
Hmmm, I didn't even realize it lit up until you just said that. Mine doens't light up at all  :-\  :'(

This might give you a better idea what it looks like lit up:

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2004, 04:12 PM »
Wow, that's an awesome collection there Jesse!  Very well rounded with so many different sublines represented.  Most jealous I am!

I have to concur on that Vader sculpture there.  Very unique conversation piece, and an excellent addition to the collection.  Congrats.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2004, 05:08 PM »
Am I wrong in the assesment that Luke was NOT there in that photo yesterday? :o

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2004, 10:11 PM »
Wow, that's an awesome collection there Jesse! Very well rounded with so many different sublines represented. Most jealous I am!

I have to concur on that Vader sculpture there. Very unique conversation piece, and an excellent addition to the collection. Congrats.

Thanks for the comments Mr Bandar.  Yes, proud am I of my collection, but I keep reading that Kubricks thread, and I'm dangerously close to wanting those!

Am I wrong in the assesment that Luke was NOT there in that photo yesterday? :o

Kevin

I depends on where you've seen my pics - I've got a couple posted in different spots on jedidefender.   :)