Author Topic: Jesse's Collection - small update page 9  (Read 44359 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: JesseVader08's Collection
« Reply #45 on: January 7, 2006, 11:21 PM »

And not for nothing I hope you keep the Nintendo logo on that display case because that in itself is a conversation piece. Go on ebay and find yourself an old school Star Wars game for the Original Nintendo to put in there and you'll tie it all together nicely.

Very interesting idea.  I've got a SOTE on N64, that's a start.  ;)

I actually just finished taking pictures of my updated collection, so I hope to have them up later tonight.  I just need to resize and/or crop them and get them uploaded.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 8, 2006, 09:51 PM »
Here we go - my collection as we enter 2006: 

Here's the entry into my display area.  There are adjustable shelves on the walls ahead and a shelving unit on the floor.

Here's the same area but from the other direction.

These have got to be the coolest promotional set of toys ever - the 2005 Burger King toys.  I've only got the first series (minus the Emperor), plus the first week of toys for the second series.

My Kubricks.  I can thank the Kubrickaholics here at JD for getting me hooked.  I've only got a few of these since I only jumped on the Kubrick ship during Series 4.

The first row here has the Kinder Surprise Hipperium figures, which were only available in Germany.  Too cute for me to pass on, so I managed to get a set of them.  Behind those are my Bust-Ups, which are complete except for the exclusive Holo Emperor, Amber Chewbacca, and the Sith Eyes Anakin.  My Clone Trooper 4-Packs are in the mail as we speak, so we'll see if I luck out on a Commander Gree.

Another "cute" line, the Galactic Heroes.  I've got every set except the last ROTS wave (the repacks) and the newer rehashes.  I'm torn whether to continue this line or not.

This is one of my favourite pieces - the Canadian exclusive set of pins that were made available during the ROTS run in the theaters.  I can't thank Brent (Morgbug) enough for tracking each and every one of these down for me.

These are the first wave of the ROTS-style packaged Super Deformed figures.  I gotta get my hands on the second series eventually (Boba Fett, Darth Maul, Stormtrooper and Yoda).

These were a cheap little set of figures I found on eBay from Japan.  They follow the "deformed" style of figures, but are only about 2 inches tall.  They're all from Episode I, except Vader of course.

Another of my recent finds on eBay.  The keychains came from Hong Kong and actually have a hole in one foot to allow you to stand them up with the modern REAL stands.  To the right are a few of the CiBoys Star Wash figures.  They're named Soapie (Chewie), Wash Trooper (Stormtrooper) and W.C3O.  I've got one more coming in the mail, and then need to track down the other 3 regular figures and the chase version of W.C3O.

Can you tell that I like the "cutesy" lines? ;)  Here's the good guys from the m&m's line…

… and here's the bad guys.

I think I'm one of the only people that didn't hate the Force Battlers.  I really like their "anime" style of sculpting, especially Anakin and Obi-Wan.  These are the first 4 waves of figures released during ROTS, but I've since missed the Samurai-style Obi-Wan wave.

Here's the first pic of my vintage vehicles from my childhood.  Every one one of these has been played with.  A lot.  So they're pretty beat up, but that's why I love 'em so much.

Here's the second half of my vintage vehicles.  The TIE Fighter is the only ship that I acquired later in life, but still as a teenager at a garage sale.

Here's what started it all.  My X-Wing Fighter and Luke X-Wing Pilot, given to me by my grandmother for Christmas many, many years ago.  As you can see, Luke has seen better days - yes, that's sticky-tac holding his head inside his chest. ;)

My vinty AT-AT.  It still works and isn't missing a single piece (which is probably the only vintage ship I can say that about).

My one and only carded vintage figure - Leia in Poncho.  I plan to have more carded figures in the near future.

The old meets the new.  My vintage figures are on the bottom shelf and my ROTS figures are on the top shelf.  It's fun to stand and look at these two shelves and see how the figures have changed over the last 28 years.

My vintage good guys.  These are all from my childhood as well except for a few that I recently bought from Cloud City thanks to a credit/trade from Chris.

And these are the bad guys. 

Again, my ROTS figures, showing off the good guys.  I ran out of room, so I decided to display my Clones elsewhere.

And the bad guys.  That damn exploding Grievous refuses to stand up for long.  And I see that my Destroyer Droid has dived again.

Here's one of my favourite recent acquisitions, the Darth Maul by Kotobukiya.  The sculpt is so amazing and I love the dynamic pose.  My Code 3 Revenge of the Jedi sculpted mini-poster is beside it - I was amazed how heavy it was when I first held it.

The beginning of the end?  Will The Saga Collection be the last series we are able to collect?  Only time will tell I suppose.  I was playing with the idea of not collecting the newest series because of my interest in other lines, but the card style really grabs my eye.  These are the Canadian style cards that have the common starry background instead of the individualized backgrounds like the US cards.  I just have to find Boba Fett (ideally, with a Boba Fett holo figure) to finish the first wave.

My DVD figure Sets for the OT and ROTS releases.

My collection of exclusives and rarities - it took a lot of work to finally track all of these down.

More exclusives from ROTS and the silver and holo exclusives:

All of my carded figures are on two walls in a small room after going through that initial hallway (at the beginning of these pics).  This is the wall on the left.

And this is the wall of the right.  All of my carded figures are hanging on peghooks and in order to save space, each peg has 2 figures on it.  I had to do a little picking and choosing to figure out which were my favourites to go at the front of the pegs.

Say hi Otis!  He follows me everywhere and jumped into the picture just as I pressed the button.  ;)

The following pics are pretty self explanatory.  Orange carded POTF2 figures.

Green carded POTF2.

Shadows of the Empire, Flashbacks, Commtechs and Expanded Universe.

Episode 1, Power of the Jedi and Original Trilogy Collection, followed by the VOTC - definitely the coolest cards ever done.

Saga and Clone Wars.

Clone Wars (again) and Revenge of the Sith.

The second small room off the main hallway houses my boxed ships and figure multipacks.  This is the wall to the right.

OTC Falcon with the 12" Grievous (the only 12" figure I own) and the Ask Yoda (a great Christmas present).

OTC Ships and my favourite releases from the POTF2 line - the Rancor and Bantha.  And you can't miss Darth Tater and Spudtrooper.   ;D

My only POTJ ship - the TIE Interceptor.  I really want to get my hands on the TIE Bomber to go next to it.

My large ROTS ships and the upscaled TIE Fighter (thanks Jeff!).

The smaller ROTS ships (I still need that TRU exclusive green Anakin fighter) and a few of the Battle Packs.

Evolutions.  Wow.  I love these sets and reallly hope that Hasbro realizes the potential for more of these sets.  The second (white/grey) version of the Troopers is on its way thanks to a trade with Quazar.

My Christmas figures and the uber-cool 300th Boba Fett. 

The POTJ 25th Anniversary sets are probably my favourites of all the figures from that line.  You can also see the Episode I holograph Maul and Qui-Gon.

My set of SA Clone 4-Packs from Entertainment Earth.  I wanted to buy a set of these loose as well, but the price was just too much.

Here's my TRU exclusive 4-Packs.  I still need the Imperial Forces one and the OTC Naboo set. 

I finally managed to track down all of the POTF2 and Episode I Cinema Scenes.  I think this type of set would always sell well, similar to the SAGA Screen Scenes.

The wall facing the doorway to this room has the great cabinet I bought from my local Zellers for only $50.  They were upgrading their cabinets and I completely lucked out finding this.  I lined the back of it with white so that the items inside would stand out better.

Here's the bottom of the cabinet with my larger items.  There's the 3D puzzle R2-D2, the R2 phone and the POTF2 remote control R2.  The clone helmet is from the Kellogg's promo mail-in during AOTC.  At the back you can see my vinty Darth Vader cases.

The top of the cabinet turned out to be the perfect display for my Unleashed.  I've managed to track down them all (except the first 2 Darth Vader releases) and paid retail for all of them even Boba Fett, Yoda, Han, Stormtrooper etc.  I've been very lucky with this line.

Closeups of the Unleashed.

The third wall of this room is lined with my loose figures.  Most of these were acquired in the last year as I went on a wild spending spree trying to track them all down before the renovations on my display rooms were complete.  Since I'm seriously OCD, the figures are arranged by the date they were released, starting with the POTF2 and going through OTC.

Power of the Force 2.

Episode I.

Power of the Jedi.

SAGA 2002 to 2003.

SAGA 2004.

Clone Wars and Animated Clone Wars.

OTC and VOTC.

POTC and Expanded Universe (OK, so those are out of order, gimme a break, will ya?  ;)).

The bottom shelf contains my Clones that simply wouldn't fit on the shelf in the hallway with my other ROTS figures.   And, can you believe it, I actually opened one of my ships, the ARC-170.  My daughter absolutely loves playing with it - she gets such a kick out of shooting me with the missiles.  ;D

I managed to make room for the Deluxe figures from ROTS.

And at the very end of the shelf are the SAGA clones.

This is the pride and joy of my collection - my Darth Vader focus.  I'm a HUGE fan of anything Vader and continue to add things to it.  My next plan is to start a vintage Canadian carded collection, but that is definitely going to take some time.  (Closeups of each shelf follow)

And here's the finale.  My m&m Vader display that I got from a store in town after someone else had spoken for it.  They apparently changed their mind about wanting it, so being second in line paid off and I got to grab it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 9, 2006, 12:27 PM »
Wow, very nice collection and set up Jesse.  That's a whole lot of stuff!  It all looks great though, and I like how your loose displays...even though there are a lot of figures in them....don't seem cluttered at all.  Everything is nicely spaced out, you can see all the figures, and its all neat and organized.  It all looks very nice, you've done a great job.  I know I'm envious, and thanks for sharing pictures of the whole collection/room.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 9, 2006, 04:24 PM »
Thanks Brian!  It took months to set it all up, but it sure is rewarding to finally have it done.  Like you said, my big aim was to display it in a way that isn't too cluttered.  Because of that, there were a few things I ran out of room for, like my small amount of Lego and miniatures and a number of other miscellaneous pieces.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: January 9, 2006, 04:38 PM »
Wow, that's a lot of stuff, Jesse!   :o

I can't but help wonder though, how much of it came to your collection via my house?  :P

Seriously, that's a lot of great pictures!  Very cool...  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 9, 2006, 09:16 PM »

I can't but help wonder though, how much of it came to your collection via my house?  :P

Heh, I would have to say a pretty healthy percentage of it.  So hurry up and find the rest of the stuff on my needs list, OK?   ;)

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 9, 2006, 09:22 PM »
ONe of the Neatest Displays ive seen, love your Vader and unleashed collection  8)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 9, 2006, 09:26 PM »
Thanks!  It's amazing what unique Vader stuff you can find on eBay.  And I couldn't have gotten any luckier finding that cabinet for my Unleashed - it really helps them all stand out.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 9, 2006, 10:05 PM »
Very nice set up Jesse, at least you room to display your collection.  :'(  :P

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 9, 2006, 10:10 PM »
I was very lucky to get that extra space to display my stuff.  I can thank my wifey for that (since she "donated" the extra room to me and moved her stuff elsewhere).  Now I just have to convince her that I need the rest of the basement.  :D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 9, 2006, 10:15 PM »
Now I just have to convince her that I need the rest of the basement.  :D

Oh I have heard that before from some old fart that lives not to far from here, never really worked though. A bigger house might do.  :P

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 9, 2006, 10:39 PM »
You may have a good point there...  ;)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2006, 12:07 AM »
My Vader focus had a big addition today.  I hit the jackpot when I found a guy that was giving up his Vader focus, so I cleaned up.  Here's what I got:

A huge mix of loose pieces - from Hasbro and Applause 12 and 15 inch figures to Jedi Force and Galactic Heroes to the smallest of promo pieces.

A Darth Vader model, boxed 12 inch figure, radio-control Vader, talking alarm clock, stamper, European release lead figure and die-cast Action Masters figure.

The piece de resistance, a Riddell helmet.  Damn I love this.  It can be pulled apart to show the 3 pieces and their excellent attention to detail (and much bigger than I expected).   8)

Add the above to the pieces I already have:

« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 12:09 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2006, 11:35 PM »
...moving to the next page...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 11:36 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member