Author Topic: NBA 2004/05  (Read 47678 times)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2004/05
« Reply #180 on: March 31, 2005, 10:03 AM »
Went to see AI and C-Webb play the Suns last night.  Man C-Webb look lethargic!  Even without Amare the Suns handles the Sixers.  Nash and Marion sat out some of the 3rd quarter and all of the fourth. 

If they would have played the Suns most likely would have eclipsed the 120 point mark.

DBK

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 31, 2005, 02:54 PM »
The thing with Lebron is the NBA money doesn't mean anything to him.  So eventhough Cleveland will be able to offer him the max it wouldn't matter.  The reason being that Nike will make him a rich man.  If Lebron goes to a major market team like NY, LA, or Chicago, they'll compensate him more than the difference.  That's why the Phil/NY thing seems like it can happen.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #182 on: March 31, 2005, 04:58 PM »
So, you Minnesota punks ready to mix it up in an awesome battle for ninth place tonight?!   8)

While diversity and fresh teams are always a good thing for the playoffs, there's just something wrong about watching the playoffs without the likes of Garnett, Kobe, and maybe even AI or Duncan (injured?)...

Hopefully some exciting, and unexpected things go down along the line.  Especially Miami losing.  :-X

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #183 on: April 1, 2005, 02:18 PM »
So, you Minnesota punks ready to mix it up in an awesome battle for ninth place tonight?!   8)

:-*

Minnesota 105, LAkers 96

;D

D-Fence, D-Fence:
The Lakers are 7-33 when the opposition scores 100 or more points.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #184 on: April 4, 2005, 04:58 PM »
Just thought I'd post in here for no reason...

Oh yeah, by the way as long as I'm here -

The LAkers =
7-16 (.304) Since the All-Star break
5-15 (.250) In their last 20 games
3-12 (.200) in their last 15 games
1-11 (.083) in their last 12  games

If they continue at this rate, they'll be winless the rest of the year... :-*

ps.

The Wolves
12-8 (.600) Since the All-Star break
10-5 (.666) in their last 15 games
8-4 (.666) in their last 12  games

Still not making the playoffs, but at least they are trying...  ;)
« Last Edit: April 4, 2005, 05:01 PM by Nataku »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #185 on: April 4, 2005, 05:01 PM »
Kobe manages to get rid of the winningest coach in NBA History and the most dominant big man in NBA history.  Nice job in keeping the tradition alive!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #186 on: April 4, 2005, 08:28 PM »
Hey, who asked you dumb clowns to say anything?!?   >:(

So, you Minnesota punks ready to mix it up in an awesome battle for ninth place tonight?!

Oh yeah, that would be me, huh?  :-[

Dammit!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #187 on: April 4, 2005, 11:32 PM »
Whoop-de-doo.  Its been a crap year this year and I don't see things getting much better.  I think they actually need to consider trading KG for the right package.  You need three (or 2 Superstars) superior players to win it all and they only have 1 :-\

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 6, 2005, 01:45 PM »
Lakers eliminated from playoffs! 

Ha Ha!    :-*

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #189 on: April 6, 2005, 07:07 PM »
Don't think I haven't observed all the deragatory comments in here about me, my team, and my fellow Laker fans.   >:(

Man.  You guys act as if we've spent numerous years bragging about our our THREE Championships in a row, or sumthin'...  Sheesh!  ::)

:P
« Last Edit: April 6, 2005, 07:08 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #190 on: April 16, 2005, 05:15 PM »
Hopefully the Lakers can turn next season into something a little bit better. I think more improvement will come when there is more cap room.
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 18, 2005, 09:47 AM »
Well, the Timberwolves are officially eliminated from playoff contention now, with a loss to Seattle yesterday.  A capper to a very disappointing season.  Hopefully KG takes a much deserved and needed rest and down time, and can get refueled for next season.  Sounds like Spree and Cassell are most likely on their way out of town, so it will be interesting to see how they retool.

Also, the Cavs freefall continues, as LeBron just can't do everything himself.  37 and 11 yesterday, but another loss, and they are now tied with New Jersey for the final playoff spot in the East...which earns them the right to get whooped by the Heat.  Playoffs start this weekend!  Disappointing that Minny won't be involved, but it should still be a fun postseason.  I hope we see someone new in the title games, and winning the championship.  With the Wolves out of commission, I'll be rooting for Phoenix.  Go Nashty.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #192 on: April 18, 2005, 09:56 AM »
There are rumors that McHale might not be back as GM as well, if he is though, he'd like to keep Sprewell but not Sammy C.  I guess Sam was a complete buzzkill for the team in general this year.  They also made a horrible decision in signing Troy Hudson long term, that was a bad move.

They need a point guard badly

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 18, 2005, 10:34 AM »
Yeah, a lot of things needing some work it seems.  Plus, I'd personally like to see them get at least a little younger, and just let guys like Spree and Cassell go.  Hopefully they can find some able replacements, and start to get this ship sailing right again.  I saw this article on ESPN today as well:

Wally: Start Me or Trade Me

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Playoffs
« Reply #194 on: April 29, 2005, 12:03 PM »
Anyone watching the playoffs this year?  Seems like things have been pretty quiet, but I guess it is a different cast of teams this year with usuals such as Minnesota and LA staying home this time around.  Anyways, there has still been some pretty good action going on...heck of a game between Miami and New Jersey last night, although it looks like Miami pretty much has that series wrapped up.  The Nuggets pulled off a nice upset in the first game against SA, only to get slapped around hard in game 2.  Pacers took a 2-1 lead over Boston last night as well, with Dallas getting their first win in the series against Houston.  Elsewhere, Detroit looks to be handling Philly, so far the Sonics are doing the same to the Kings (but a trip to dangerous Arco coming up).  Nice to see playoff basketball back in Chicago, as the Bulls hold a 2-0 lead over Washington in that series.  Finally, with KG/Minny out of the playoffs this year, it is my hope that Nasthy and the Suns can complete their comeback season with a trip to the championship.  So far, up 2-0 on Memphis.

In other news, Bobby Simmons of the Clippers was named Most Improve Player of the year, with Dwayne Wade and Tayshaun Prince finishing a distant 2nd and 3rd, respectively.  Good luck to everyone's teams...whether in the playoffs or the lottery :).