Author Topic: NBA 2004/05  (Read 47677 times)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2004/05
« Reply #15 on: November 4, 2004, 03:50 PM »
Perhaps, perhaps not.  So are you going to change your pics every day?

Just giving you a hard time Colman.

DBK

Colman,

What made you drop my team (Suns) to eight >:(

Uh...  Perhaps you failed to notice the shift in the rest of my picks, after last night's games...   :P
« Last Edit: November 4, 2004, 05:09 PM by DaBigKahuna »

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #16 on: November 4, 2004, 06:15 PM »
The Mavericks will have a better record than the Lakers this season. The bottom fell out of the Lakers when Shaq and Phil Jackson left. Kobe can't carry that whole team. Kobe also gets injured quite often. The Lakers will finish no better than 7th this season.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: November 5, 2004, 01:45 AM »
So the Lakers spanked the crap outta the Nuggets two nights ago, and then the Nuggets go and beat the Pups tonight.

Hmm...  What does that mean?   8)

:P

Stupid Shaq got another win too.   >:(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: November 5, 2004, 09:55 AM »
Home versus Road is all that means :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: November 8, 2004, 04:21 PM »
And another perfect example:

Clips beat the Sonics by 30 on opening night, and then the Sonics turn around and b-slap the Spurs.  Go figure...   ::)

Good news is, my Lakers got back into form last night against the pathetic Hawks.  Squared up at 2-2.  Now if only Shaq and Miami would lose, I'd be feeling better about things...

Can't believe Sacto's off to a sorry 0-3 start either.  Queens...   :P

Most surprising team so far:  Toronto, at 3-0, with wins over Detroit and Houston already.  And to think, Vince wanted out of town...

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2004, 01:15 PM »
The Mavs had to send Finley back to Dallas with a 2nd degree ankle sprain. That SUCKS! But, we're 4-1 after losing our first game last night.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2004, 05:24 AM »
Man, my Lakers got slapped around somethin' fierce tonight by the lowly and previously winless Memphis Grizzlies.  Kobe couldn't hit the broad side of a barn tonight, shooting 4 for 20, with some seriously nasty airballs the likes of which I haven't seen from him since the Utah playoff series his rookie year.  No idea WTF's up with him right now.  Many of these are wide open looks too.

On the flipside, the surprising Clippers went into Indy and smacked the Pacers by 34!   :o  Good God, what's going on in the NBA this year?!?

And two more unbeatens fell tonight as well:  Utah (to Toronto) and Phoenix (to Cleveland).  That just leaves Miami now...  Bloody brilliant.   ::)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2004, 09:42 AM »
Wolves have lost both of their games by a total of 3 points, made a fierce comeback against the Pacers two nights ago

Not too worried, still early and they look pretty good, especially with healthy Wally and healthy Hudson

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2004, 10:49 AM »
And the Mavs WHOOPED up on the Shaq-led Heat without Michael Finley.

Man, I hope the wheels can stay on for another 106 games (counting possible playoff games if all go to 7).

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2004, 09:38 PM »
And the Mavs WHOOPED up on the Shaq-led Heat without Michael Finley.

A thing of beauty that was!  Thank God Miami's not gonna keep going on as the last undefeated team in the league for any length of time!   8)

On a separate, and ******, note - it looks like I'm going to have to concede that my Lakers do indeed suck this year.  Stupid dumbasses...   >:(

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2004, 06:00 PM »
The Mavs are 6-1 after dispatching the Nets this afternoon.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2004, 06:03 PM »
On paper right now, I think the Spurs have the best chance of winning the championship this year, with the defending Pistons 2nd on my list.  The Spurs have Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, and Barry, which is probably the best talent on any one team right now.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2004, 11:19 PM »
If Parker or Ginobli or Barry get hurt though they are in trouble.  That's the beauty of the Wolves, their bench is soooo deep that guys like Hudson and Trenton Hassell could fill in for any of the starters.  Cassell/Spree/Wally/KG is better than the Spurs 4 too IMO, Rasho is better than Kandi-Man so in the end its almost a push.  The edge the Spurs have is the Wolves don't match up well with them

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2004, 01:16 AM »
Holy ****!  You guys see the fight in the Pistons/Pacers game tonight?!   :o  Most networks are calling it possibly the worst sports fight of alltime here in the U.S.  Artest, O'neal, and Stephen Jackson against all the Detroit fans, with some crazy haymakers getting landed by the Pacers players.  Like square on the jaw of Detroit fans...

I think Artest is probably going to get suspended for the remainder of the season...  Good stuff.  The Pacers can kiss their top record in the East goodbye.  Probably for the rest of the year.  Of course, that means it's Miami's for the taking...   >:(

Lakers fell apart tonight, after getting out to a 17 point lead against the Suns, despite Kobe's 10th career Triple Double.  ****.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2004, 01:37 AM »
******* A, the Pistons should be forced to play the rest of their games on the road.  That IS the worst thing I have ever seen a sporting event. 

There is no excuse for any of what went down, Wallace had no right to shove Artest.  The dude in the stands should not have thrown **** at Artest and then Artest like an idiot goes after him

It could have gotten ugly, like players killed, what the **** were the cops and security doing?  They deserve as much blame as anyone else, as soon as that drink gets thrown on the court they should have been all over that dude

Then the people coming on the floor from the crowd?  How the **** does that happen?