Author Topic: NBA 2004/05  (Read 47782 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: NBA 2004/05
« Reply #75 on: December 8, 2004, 10:31 AM »
I didn't think it was possible to despise someone more than I already did but...wow

"Is there anyway we can settle this"
"Are you Willing to Pay if she is?"
"I got to, I got to, I got to"

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 9, 2004, 04:57 PM »
Scott,

Not sure if that's directed at me but I am just focusing on the facts ;)!

Nice to see my boys hand it to the Lakers in L.A. in a knuckle bitter.

DBK

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #77 on: December 9, 2004, 05:04 PM »
Scott,

Not sure if that's directed at me but I am just focusing on the facts ;)!

DBK
No that wasn't at you...that was at The Reightist

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #78 on: December 9, 2004, 07:19 PM »

Your boys?!  You traitor, Matthew!  You move outta state and you ditch your former boys?  Shame on you...   >:(   :P

Yeah, that was a nail biter last night, and we unfortunately came out on the short end of the stick (again).  Damn, the Lakers are aggravating.  They've lost about 5 or 6 games this year where they had double digit leads near the 4th quarter, and it looked like they had the game well in hand.  Yet time and time again, they somehow let it slip away...

That's 'cause our defense sucks much ass, and Kobe hasn't been "clutch" this year, like he has been in years past.  We've lost games against the Spurs, Kings, Suns, etc. all in the last minute or two of the game.  Pissing me off something fierce!  Kobe had at least his third triple double of the season last night, but again couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the second half, so it was all for naught.

I keep waiting for the Suns to come crashing back down to Earth, but they keep putting up the W's, basically by outscoring all their opponents, since they're not playing much D.

As for Kobe's tiff with the Mailman, eh, I think it's been blown out of proportion.  I thought his comments weren't that outta line.  He was just sticking up for his teammates, especially the couple guys who would be in danger of losing their roster spot if Malone came back.  He didn't rip Malone or anything dumb like that.  Karl's just being a baby right now.

As for the "me" comment, well, Shaq's said that over and over the past several years and no one took issue with it.  Everything was always "I", "me", "my", "mine" a lot of the time he spoke of the team and his teammates.  Again, no biggie.  They all know it's Kobe's team anyway, so the fact that Kobe reiterated that publicly ain't that big a deal IMO.

The drama never ends in Laker Land...  Whatever.   ::)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2004, 12:26 AM »
I've been meaning to give some well deserved praise to my team for them bringing on Eddie Griffin.  The dude has been amazing the last two weeks, scoring 28 in Philly and 15 tonight against the Kings.   He's definitely playing a key role on the team and they've really turned it on after a slow start.

Aaaaaaaaaaaawoooooooooooooooooooo :)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2004, 12:42 PM »
As for Kobe's tiff with the Mailman, eh, I think it's been blown out of proportion.  I thought his comments weren't that outta line.  He was just sticking up for his teammates, especially the couple guys who would be in danger of losing their roster spot if Malone came back.  He didn't rip Malone or anything dumb like that.  Karl's just being a baby right now.

Kobe 'upset' about Malone's comments to wife

::)

Good Grief, can things get any stupider in the NBA right now? 

It's only December but I'm already sick of the NBA - the fighting, the petty bickering amongst "teammates" (Wolves or LAkers or anyone).

I wish the NHL were back... at least they take their fights out into the open instead of using the newspapers or the fans to abuse.  :-\

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2004, 01:57 PM »
Go Lakers!

Hollywood drama at it's finest, baby!   8)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2004, 09:15 AM »
Suns, win another in a thriller (tip from Q).   ;D

DBK

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2004, 09:17 AM »
What do you guys think of the trade sending Carter to NJ?  If he can stay healthy I think they can compete and will be fun to watch.  I guess that rules out Kidd coming to the Wolves.

DBK

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2004, 09:23 AM »
Great finish in the Phoenix game last night, I really enjoy watching those guys play.  Always enjoyed Phoenix's team, and Nash, and putting the two together really makes them a fun team.  I hope they can continue their pace.

As for the trade...when I first heard about it, it seemed odd to me.  Although Carter hasn't exactly been great this year, it seemed like Toronto could have gotten more for him.  It could end up being a decent trade for New Jersey though.  VC seems to operate a little better when all the weight isn't on his shoulders, and in New Jersey, he can be the 2nd or even 3rd option with Kidd and Jefferson.  It should make the Nets more competitive, but they really need to get some sort of inside presence there to balance things a little better.  If they could pick up a quality big man via a trade or free agency next year, they could be back among the East's top teams.  Depending on how Carter reacts and plays, it could help to keep Jason Kidd happy as well.  If not, at least the Nets have another quality player and aren't stuck with just Jefferson and some role players.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2004, 03:43 PM »
mosnab,

I agree that Toronto should have gotten more for VC.  Let's face it the guy has been unhappy and unhealthy but when healthy he will put fans in the seats in NJ, no doubt about it! 

After seeing what Detroit did last year and Seattle and Phoenix are doing this year, I really think that it comes down to team chemistry, role playing and the system that the team plays under.

We shall see, it's gonna be fun!  I can't wait to see the Suns vs. the Heat in person!

DBK 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #86 on: January 4, 2005, 01:43 AM »
Man, you hoops fans here have been sucking lately!  Where'd everybody go?  Minnesota starts playing like ****, and everybody bails this thread.  Buncha pansy ass bandwagon losers...   >:(

That said, it's nice to see the Lakers pull even with the lowly Wolves.  Kobe may be a ball hog (though he's averaging a career high 7 assists right now), but at least half of our team isn't openly asking for trades and new contracts right now (like Spree, Cassell, Hudson, etc.)  BTW, Kobe's gone for 42, 48, and 42 in the last 3 games.  Comin' alive, so watch out!  Got some big games coming up this week against San Antonio and Dallas, so we'll see how we really are after those.

But man, freakin' Phoenix and Seattle continue to steamroll.  Unbelievable!  Sonics just ended Miami's 14 game winning streak tonight, so that was definitely cool.  Especially after Shaq and those bastards barely squeeked by us on Christmas day...  And Phoenix, wow.  Unstoppable right now, and they don't even play much defense!  Amare goes for 50 last night?   :o  Slow those boys down, will you Fish?!

So, seeing as how quiet everyone's gotten all of the sudden, I can only assume it's because your teams all suck, and that you're jealous of the Lakers, as always.  I'll assume that's the case, unless some of you clowns wanna speak up to the contrary!   :-*

P.S.  We got Lakers tickets from Patty's parents for Christmas, to see LeBron James and the Cavs come to town in a couple of weeks.  Gonna be fun, even with his face bashed in by Dikembe...   ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 5, 2005, 09:55 AM »
An article up over at ESPN detailing the Timberwolves current problems.  They obviously aren't playing the best right now, but there is still a lot of time to come around.  I do somewhat agree that players like Cassell, Sprewell, and Kandi Man are much of the problem though.  I've never really been big fans of theirs, and their age really seems to be showing now.  There's more talent on the roster though, and time for things to come around.  I really just feel sorry for KG in all of it.  I don't think anyone can deny that this guy just leaves it all on the floor each and every night, and is likely the best player in the league.

Another loss for the Wolves last night, to the other team I like to follow, the Phoenix Suns.  It is nice to see Phoenix doing well, I've always followed them to some extent, back to the Barkley/KJ/Majerle days, but they've really been down for awhile.  They're sitting at 27-4, which is crazy.  I really feel that Nashty has made a big difference there (with the style of play in particular), and Amare has been outstanding and looks to be the real deal.  Anyways, it has still be an interesting year in the NBA, and it is nice to see some "different" teams having success this season, and shaking things up a bit.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #88 on: January 5, 2005, 10:02 AM »
To bed honest, I really don't follow the NHL or NBA until Football is done and with Football almost over then I'll probably care a little more.  From what I hear its mostly poor defense that is killing

The cancer that is there with contract talk, playing time and arrests isn't helping either.  I hope they turn it around

RE: Phoenix, I said last year I couldn't figure out why they weren't better than their record showed.  I guess all they were missing was a PG and Nash is one hell of PG. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 5, 2005, 10:13 AM »
I agree Scott, on both counts.  From what little I've been able to see this year, it has been D for the Wolves where the problems have been.  Also the rumblings (that ESPN article included) that Cassell and Spree aren't playing with much fire.

I also never understood why Phoenix wasn't better last year, they really did have a lot of good pieces.  Nash definitely helps, and Q-Rich wasn't a bad pick-up either.  Also, some other notes from last night's games....J O'neal goes for 55 (Garnett also had a nice game, 47 and 17), and Spurs raining like 15 threes vs. LA.