Author Topic: NBA 2004/05  (Read 47671 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2004/05
« Reply #90 on: January 5, 2005, 10:22 AM »
Suns, win another in a thriller (tip from Q).   ;D

DBK

Currently I'm a huge Suns fan, I have three in my starting Fantasy rotation.  Feel free to keep winning and racking up points.  Go Suns :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #91 on: January 6, 2005, 07:07 PM »
Just 'cause I know you guys will enjoy this...   ::)

Sales of Bryant's jersey plummets out of top 50

Lakers just got waxed in back to backs against the Spurs and Mavs.  Ugly.

Wolves faired no better though.  We're both sitting at 16-14 now.  Pathetic.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #92 on: January 6, 2005, 10:32 PM »
The Lakers aren't really that big of a surprise, the Wolves absolutely tanking are...man its a great time to be a MN sports fan :'(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 6, 2005, 11:09 PM »
Just 'cause I know you guys will enjoy this...   ::)

Sales of Bryant's jersey plummets out of top 50

Lakers just got waxed in back to backs against the Spurs and Mavs.  Ugly.

Wolves faired no better though.  We're both sitting at 16-14 now.  Pathetic.

Funny about the jersey, cuz he's still lighting it up pretty good.  Must be something else :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 7, 2005, 09:18 AM »
As much as I'm not a fan of Kobe, I am pretty surprised he dropped all the way out of the Top 50.  I mean the guy still is one of the best players in the game, and plays in one of the highest profile cities in the US, and is officially "the man" on the Lakers as he has always wanted.  It highlights why I have problems liking this guy.  He can play with the best of them, and is likely a future Hall of Famer, but his attitude/demeanor just stinks.  A common trait in many professional athletes to be sure, just seems to be more visible with him.

Wolves are definitely in a nasty funk.  Got beat (fairly soundly) by the Bobcats the other night.  Bobcats?  I know they are playing well....for an expansion team...but yikes.  Hopefully they can right the ship here before too long, something isn't working.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2005, 11:25 PM »
LAkers 105, T-Wolves 96

Led by as much as 16 and choked in the 4th Quarter.

:'(

It's times like this I really miss my hockey team...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2005, 12:13 AM »
 8)

I was gonna call Scott and talk **** to him tonight, but I'd just gotten out of the dentist and my mouth was all numb still so I would've sounded like an idiot (yes, moreso than usual).  So consider yourself lucky Mr. Pearson.

Kicked your ass though, we did!   :-*

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2005, 12:36 PM »
We are really excited about today's game as the Heat come into town.

Since I have never seen Shaq or Wade play in person this will be a real treat.  The best (record that is) in the west vs. the best in east.

Wooha! ;D

DBK

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2005, 02:04 PM »
Have fun at the game tonight Matthew!  That's gonna be an incredible one to watch - #1 vs. #1...  Hopefully you guys kick their ass!

On a related note, Patty and I are going to the Lakers/Cavs game on Thursday to get our first glimpse of LeBron James, so hopefully he lives up to the hype!   8)

BTW, I'm still waiting for that other MN pansy ass to chime in here too...   >:(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2005, 02:06 PM »
Not much I can say other than they have sucked worse than the Green Bay Packers in January...in fighting, bad defense, arrests, injuries, it just sucks :'(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2005, 02:53 PM »
Yeah, Timberwolves looking really troubled now, and I'm not sure its going to get better any time soon.  Might be time to shake up the roster a little, although I think I'd rather see them get rid of Cassell and/or Spree instead of Wally World like I've been hearing.  Not that I'm huge on Wally S., but I really think Cassell and Spree are on the decline and may be hurting the team.  Maybe not both, but someone is.  Hopefully the ship can get righted soon (is righted a word?).  Anyways, Heat vs. Suns should be a great one.  I just love watching Phoenix play, lots of running, scoring, threes, and dunks.  I hope they continue the success.  Have fun at that game (both of you guys actually) should both be good ones.  #1 vs #1 and Kobe vs. LeBron.

I was just reading this article over at ESPN's page 2, kind of a fun read if you have the time.  Also, don't think it has been mentioned here, but yesterday the Kings traded Doug Christie to the Magic for Cuttino Mobley and Michael Bradley.  Oh...and I just see now in the "breaking news" that Richard Jefferson is out for the season.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2005, 03:35 PM »
mosnab,

The joint was packed and the Suns won by 15.  The score did not really say much as the Suns really ran the Heat all game.  I really feel the difference maker is Nash.

When I heard the Suns picked him up I was not to thrilled as I thought you can't win it all with a scoring point guard.  He has changed his game a bit to be the tru floor general.  At halftime guess who was out shooting several minutes before other players even hit the court...Nash! 

Great link to that article.  I glanced it over and plan on reading it later in detail.

JediMAC,

Have a blast at the game.  I saw Lebron at All Star Weekend last year and was amazed at his athletic ability.  Truly a sight to see play in person.  Get ready to see him jump out of the gym.

DBK

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2005, 03:38 PM »
I watched much of the game on NBA TV last night, and the Suns played very well...I bet it was great seeing them in person.  Between Nashty pushing the ball like that, all the threes and fastbreaking, and Amare rocking the rim, it is just a fun group of guys to watch.  I think everyone keeps expecting them to fade, but they keep on winning.  I hope it continues.  Glad you enjoyed the game!

Offline C

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2005, 04:07 PM »
The Lakers aren't really that big of a surprise, the Wolves absolutely tanking are...man its a great time to be a MN sports fan :'(

even so, Sacto still can't find a way to beat the Wolves. i'm hoping there will be a turnaround there...

the Christie/Mobley trade is pretty interesting - but both sides are acting like they're totally depressed about it. did anyone see Steve Francis' comments? he literally sounded suicidal.

"I can't put it into words," he said. "Playing with a guy, living with a guy, just knowing that every day when I wake up that's something I can count on, that I'm going to be in practice or in a game with Cuttino.

"Him not being here is going to be tough for me. I don't know what I'm going to wake up for."

good lord, man, get a grip.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2005, 10:24 AM »
Just for the heck of it, if the playoffs started today:

Eastern Conference

1. Miami
2. Cleveland
3. Washington
4. Detroit
5. Orlando
6. Indiana
7. New York
8. Chicago

Western Conference

1. Phoenix
2. San Antonio
3. Seattle
4. Dallas
5. Sacramento
6. Los Angeles (Lakers)
7. Houston
8. Minnesota
**Memphis and Los Angeles (Clips) are also tied record wise with Minnesota at this point**

Crazy, just crazy.  I'm sure things will change a bit in the second half, but it sure has been a different year in the NBA thus far.