Author Topic: 2004 DVD Release List  (Read 100874 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2004 DVD Release List
« Reply #480 on: June 3, 2004, 11:32 AM »
TVShowsonDVD.com has posted an article detailing the upcoming Seinfeld season discs.  The way it sounds, Seasons 1 and 2 are together (18 episodes) and Season 3 (22 episodes) will be released at the same time.  There has also been a survey to see what people are interested in as far as "gift packs", etc.  You can check out the news, and see the pics HERE

SilverZ

« Reply #481 on: June 4, 2004, 02:09 PM »
For you buyers of TV season sets - how quickly do you get through a box set? Is it something you do casually, like pop in an episode every now and then, or do you plow through an entire season fairly quick?

I ask, since the shows I do have, I never seem to make it through. They seem to get stored for that "one day" when I'll have time/dedication.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #482 on: June 4, 2004, 03:26 PM »
Depends on the show... Family Guy I can watch non-stop for as long as it takes.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #483 on: June 7, 2004, 04:32 PM »
Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Complete Second Season (15th)

We STL on this didn't we Matt?

I also preordered Simpsons Season 4 which also comes out next week, The Best Season of TV history

And to answer your question Jared...I have a huge backlog of stuff that sorta half watched...I've watched most of Season 1 and 2 of the Simpsons, still have Season 3 sealed.  With the kiddies being so little right now its hard for my wife and me to sit down and watch something together...we were just getting to that point again and then we got turned around again.  So in about 2 years I'll have a stack of movies to watch and we won't have to head to the video store for a long, long time

Also glad to see The Godfather flicks out separately...didn't want to fork out the cash for a nice box set plus I really don't care to see 3 again so I can pick up 1 and 2 at my leisure

SilverZ

« Reply #484 on: June 7, 2004, 10:34 PM »
Tomorrow's another good day!

The HTF has been good at spotting a deal on the new Field of Dreams:

Walmart is carrying this disc with an exclusive 3rd disc, attached to the back, which includes the 90min documentary from the orginal LD and DVD. Grab a Best Buy ad, take it to WM, and get it for 15.99.

Also up for me tomorrow:

and...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #485 on: June 7, 2004, 11:49 PM »
Tomorrow's another good day!

The HTF has been good at spotting a deal on the new Field of Dreams:

Walmart is carrying this disc with an exclusive 3rd disc, attached to the back, which includes the 90min documentary from the orginal LD and DVD. Grab a Best Buy ad, take it to WM, and get it for 15.99.

Exclusive third disc!  Son of a bitch!  My computer sucks!  I had no idea!

Especially important to me, because I traded off my old disc to some bastard here for a couple of plastic toys.

(And Field of Dreams is advertised for $16.99 at my BB.)

Not picking up any other DVDs tomorrow (A-Team just missed the cut), but am picking up three new albums I'm pretty excited about.  See my shittily-titled "What's Spinning?" thread for more.

Thanks for the tip, Tydirium. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

SilverZ

« Reply #486 on: June 8, 2004, 12:17 AM »
Here's the links to those FOD Disc 3 discussions:
HTF
DVDTalk

Since no one on either site seems to be able to supply a coherent answer, even having the disc in hand, there is now doubt as to whether this is the complete 90min doc or if its edited. I hate the internet.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 8, 2004, 08:31 PM »
For you buyers of TV season sets - how quickly do you get through a box set? Is it something you do casually, like pop in an episode every now and then, or do you plow through an entire season fairly quick?

I ask, since the shows I do have, I never seem to make it through. They seem to get stored for that "one day" when I'll have time/dedication.

it really depends on the show. i recently picked up the flintstones, jetsons and scooby doo box sets, and pretty much will put a disc on when i'm just doing stupid crap around the house. like surfing the web and hanging out here  :P

so i'm not really sitting down and watching the shows 100% of the time, but again, it depends. i'm hooked on alias right now, and since the 3rd season just ended a few weeks ago, i've been watching an episode every few nights, from the 1st and 2nd season sets i have. and then there are some nights where i'll pop a few discs in the changer from a few different shows and just randomly watch episodes from each. kinda like i'm making up my own syndication  ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #488 on: June 13, 2004, 09:59 PM »
Best Buy has a bundle of DVD's on sale this week 3 for $20 and some I will pick up:

The Natural
The Big Lebowski
Swingers
The Graduate
River Runs Through It
Total Recall

Don't forget Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 2 and Simpsons Season 4 are also out this week!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #489 on: June 13, 2004, 10:08 PM »
Best Buy has a bundle of DVD's on sale this week 3 for $20...

Was drooling over that ad in the paper this morning too.  I'll be picking up 5 or 6 of those titles as well.  Of course, then those same movies will come out with all-new Special Editions, of better quality and with more extras.  Then these $6.75 versions will piss me off...   :-\

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #490 on: June 13, 2004, 10:23 PM »
And here's the full list of 3/$20 titles:

-The Alamo (John Wayne)
-The Big Lebowski
-Clerks: Uncensored: Exclusive 2-Disc Collection! (animated)
-Commando
-Die Another Day: Special Edition
-Donnie Darko
-Easy Rider
-A Few Good Men: Special Edition
-A Fistful of Dollars
-For a Few Dollars More
-The Graduate: Special Edition
-Grosse Pointe Blank
-Hang 'Em High
-Heartbreak Ridge
-Legends of the Fall: Special Edition
-The Magnificent Seven: Special Edition
-My Cousin Vinny
-The Natural
-Once Upon a Time in the West
-Patton: Fox War Classics (one-disc)
-Predator 2
-A River Runs Through It
-Stripes
-Swingers: Collector's Series
-The Terminator: Special Edition
-The Thin Red Line: Fox War Classics
-Tora! Tora! Tora!: Special Edition
-Total Recall: Special Edition
-We Were Talkers
-Windtalkers (one-disc)
-Young Guns: Special Edition

Not a bad sale, really.  Most of those are pretty safe buys.  And you guys--do yourselves a favor and pick up Donnie Darko while you're at it.  Great movie, and great DVD.  Lots of replay value.

As for me--just Curb and Simpsons for me this week.  And a double dose of our friends from Springfield, to boot--I never got around to picking up Season 3 last year, and I've been waiting for the "Buy two seasons, save $XX" deals when Season 4 came out. . .

Good stuff.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 15, 2004, 08:29 AM »
If anyone still needs the first 3 seasons of The Simpsons, FYE has them on sale for $14.99 each.  I never got around to buying season 3 last year, so I grabbed one of the last two copies I saw last night.  I think this sale also applies to FYE's affiliates (Strawberries and a bunch of other ones).  Excellent deal.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 15, 2004, 09:04 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Mikey, that's a heck of a deal on the Simpsons sets.  Hopefully we can get over to FYE sometime this week, I'd like to pick up Season 3 if they still have it in stock.  I have troubles dropping $40+ on many of these TV sets, but $15 you can't beat.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #493 on: June 15, 2004, 09:17 AM »
Thanks for that head's up Mikey!

I wish we had BestBuy here in town (one is currently under construction), because 3 for $20 aint bad at all... Terminator, Donnie Darko, and Easy Rider for $20 can't be beat. I'm not about to go all the way out to Birmingham to get them, though - I can wait.

Random Thoughts...

+ Can't wait for Kill Bill 1 & 2 to be sold together.

+ I've been planning on waiting a while for the LOTR Extended versions to drop in price so that I can get rid of my 2-discs and upgrade to the Ext.... Sound like a good idea to you guys?

+ Soon to burn a copy of Band of Brothers - the DVD's are so grainy as it is, a grainy transfer won't bother me in the least bit.

+ Soon to burn a copy of the Family Guy DVD's, although I feel like a bastard for doing so - I love Family Guy and they deserve my money. I'll probably pick up the box sets once they plummet in price.

+ Can't wait to get GI Joe Season 1 Part 1, some day - which leads me to my next thought - has anyone picked up the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 80's cartoons DVD? It makes it out like its a full season but I didn't trust it to pay $20 for it.

+ Can't wait to get Star Wars on DVD, finally. However I'm more likely with every rumor - soon to be burning a copy of the real OT.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 09:18 AM by Angry Ewok »

SilverZ

« Reply #494 on: June 16, 2004, 07:20 PM »
Wish there were FYE's around here.  :'( I'm seriously behind and seriously cheap when it comes to Simpsons sets.

Marshal, Will, and Holly comin' at ya!

Digital Bits just pointed out the cover art. For some reason I really loved this show and it's a definite purchase for me. Proves what a jackass I am after admitting not owning the perfectly joyous Simpsons sets, I know.

EDIT: June 29th
« Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 07:21 PM by Tydirium »