Author Topic: 2004 DVD Release List  (Read 100711 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Major DVD Release List for Fall '03
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2003, 04:35 PM »
Question for you guys... I really wanna pick up X2 upon release... But will there be a 2.5 version? I don't wanna buy it if it'll be upgraded in a couple of months.

Well, if they ever do release an upgraded version, it wouldn't be until just before the third movie comes out, anyway--however long that's gonna be, I have no idea.

But that's beside the point--this is a two-disc set, and is supposed to have much more content than the initial X-Men release had to it.  I wouldn't expect a new version anytime soon, if ever. . .

DVD File review

Video: 4.5/5
Audio: 5/5
Extras: 4.5/5
ROM: 0.5/5
Value: 4.5/5
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2003, 04:47 PM »
Thanks!  :-* I'll go ahead and pick it up when it hits the shelves.

Offline obi 1 L kenobi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2003, 05:41 PM »
The cheapest I've found the Two Towers extended version is at Frye's Electronics for 52.99, you can print out the page for the Two Towers and take it to places like Best Buy that price match and get a little better deal.  I did it a few weeks ago with Indiana Jones, so it should work.  The page is www.outpost.com and from there you are on your own.

Fettish Sez Thanks

« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2003, 12:40 AM »
Thats for the Collectors Set w/ the Gollum statue. I don't think anyone wants that when they can get the 4 Disc set alone for less than $25 at Amazon.com.

Brad, the only difference between X Men 1 and 1.5 is a Bryan Singer Commentary and some some X 2 "Behind the Scenes" featurette. I think they've wised up and loaded the X2 DVD to the gills the 1st time around.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2003, 12:42 AM »
It blows that the Two Towers EE gift set is more expensive than the Fellowship set. The TT set has less in it.

Fellowship:
4-disc Movie
Argonath bookends
LOTR National Geographic Special on DVD
TTT movie ticket
I bought this set for $50.

Two Towers:
4-disc  Movie
Statue of a naked former Hobbit
44-page book
DVD showing the process of creating LOTR collectibles
And the average price for this is $57. Blow.

Eh, since I'm such New Line's bitch, I'm buying the gift set anyway.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline obi 1 L kenobi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2003, 11:31 AM »
Didn't write this down the other day, but Frye's still has the lowest price on the non-gift set extended version for 23.99 so follow my above advice to save a little cash if you want to "normal" extended version.  I think that is the lowest price out there.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2003, 12:29 PM »
Didn't write this down the other day, but Frye's still has the lowest price on the non-gift set extended version for 23.99 so follow my above advice to save a little cash if you want to "normal" extended version.  I think that is the lowest price out there.

'Course, Frye's is a regional chain, too, limited to a few southwestern states, I believe, so that's not going to do a whole lot of good for the folks here who don't have a Frye's in their area. . .

(And the $24.99 you should be able to score it for at most places isn't too bad of a deal, either. . .)
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2003, 12:31 PM »
If somehow my wife is secretly reading these forums...Buy the LOTR:TTT set today or later this week, that way you can buy more presents for me down the road.  Thanks dear :-*

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2003, 12:39 PM »
If somehow my wife is secretly reading these forums...Buy the LOTR:TTT set today or later this week, that way you can buy more presents for me down the road.  Thanks dear :-*

Hey, get her to sign up!  We need more guys' wives to sign up and particpate here on the boards. . .

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2003, 12:53 PM »

Hey, get her to sign up!  We need more guys' wives to sign up and particpate here on the boards. . .
That's a great idea! :o

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2003, 08:49 PM »

'Course, Frye's is a regional chain, too, limited to a few southwestern states, I believe, so that's not going to do a whole lot of good for the folks here who don't have a Frye's in their area. . .

Actually, that works great for me.  Frye's it is.  Tonight!  Thanks Bil!   :-*

Shopko's a regional chain as well, so some of us can't benefit from the good price that Beth pointed out there either.  But I think if folks point out some of the top regional chains, in addition to the national ones, hopefully that'll still help save us all a few bucks collectively...   ;)

BTW, the "JD Wives Club" is not a new idea...   ;)  I tossed that around earlier this year - having a "Star Wars wives support group" in here.   8)  Discussed it with a few folks, but ultimately got worried I might be spilling some info in here that I'd rather Patty not see...   :P

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2003, 08:58 AM »
Picked up TT:EE last night.  I watched 3 of the docs on disc three as well as the movie.  Well done so far.  The added scenes with Faramir really fleshes out his character.  Now you start to understand why he acts the way he acts, which as most people already know, is quite different than the book.  And according to one of the docs, Faramir will be further fleshed out in ROTK.

And the hidden Easter Egg is ******* hilarious.  I already watched it twice and will watch it a few more times.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2003, 01:19 PM »
Hey, gang--just caught this, thought it was interesting:

IGN is reporting that the DVD of The Matrix Revolutions will be released on January 6th.

That would give it a two-month window between the theatrical and home video releases, which is actually shorter than the turnaround time for From Justin To Kelly, a film that I loved to make fun of.

Two months.  That's amazing.  And sad.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Major DVD Release List for Fall '03/Winter '04
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2003, 07:09 PM »
Here are the covers for the individual Alien two-disc sets, due January 6th (the Quadrilogy, with a bonus ninth disc, is due December 2nd):

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
Re: Major DVD Release List for Fall '03/Winter '04
« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2003, 08:01 PM »
Confession time...I've never seen a single Aliens movie  :(

With that said, what should I do, I've fairly certain I'd enjoy them, so should I look at picking up the full set in December or wait until January and only get whichever one is "best"?

And on another note, I miss you Virex, but not in a gay way.

Well maybe a little bit  :-X