Author Topic: 2004 DVD Release List  (Read 100847 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2004 DVD Release List
« Reply #555 on: August 1, 2004, 09:06 PM »
I did not buy it!  1 Week past her birthday :-\  6 Weeks before Christmas :)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #556 on: August 1, 2004, 09:11 PM »
I did not buy it!  1 Week past her birthday :-\  6 Weeks before Christmas :)

Good deal.

You got the new two-disc Casablanca set last year, right?  Warner really did a bang-up job on that one, and it sounds like this one's gonna be equal to, if not better.  

Anyway, glad you didn't buy the old one.  This one'll make a pretty nice stocking stuffer for the wife. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #557 on: August 1, 2004, 09:29 PM »
Whenever I hear the term "stuffer" and my wife I think of something else...weird

Pee Wee's Playhouse would make a nice stocking stuffer for me

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 1, 2004, 10:54 PM »
Whenever I hear the term "stuffer" and my wife I think of something else...weird

Pee Wee's Playhouse would make a nice stocking stuffer for me

Dude, the last time the word's "Pee Wee" and "Stuffer" came into a conversation, we got some lovley mug shots.

Kevin

V, any news on the Punisher DVD?
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #559 on: August 1, 2004, 11:05 PM »

F,

It might be on the list, I don't know.

Not to be curt with you, but I don't give a **** about it, so as far as news on it goes, you've always got. . .

www.google.com

Have fun!
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 1, 2004, 11:29 PM »

F,

It might be on the list, I don't know.

Not to be curt with you, but I don't give a **** about it, so as far as news on it goes, you've always got. . .

www.google.com

Have fun!

I love you. I'm legal you know. ;)

Kevin :-*
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 4, 2004, 12:01 PM »
Maybe it was mentioned earlier and I missed it, but I just saw this review over at dvd.ign.com.  I didn't realize that "The Black Hole" from Disney was being released on DVD, I always enjoyed that movie as a kid.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 4, 2004, 01:11 PM »
Alf Season 1 next week.

I can finally throw out those old VHS tapes I've had since 1st grade.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #563 on: August 6, 2004, 04:10 PM »
I saw the Sein. . .

Early 'Seinfeld' episodes coming to DVD

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- The first three seasons of "Seinfeld" are coming to DVD November 23, just in time for Festivus.

The episodes will be available in two four-DVD volumes as well as combined in a boxed gift set. Each volume will include about 12 hours of new content and have a suggested list price of $49.95, said the set's Sony-owned distributor, Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment.

The gift set will have a list price of $199.95 and will include such quirky extras as a limited-edition script from co-creator Larry David, "Monk's Diner" salt-and-pepper shakers and collectible playing cards.

In all, 40 original episodes are included in these releases, including such notables entries as "The Chinese Restaurant," "The Pez Dispenser" and "The Boyfriend" two-parter featuring Keith Hernandez.

Amid recent reports that key cast members Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Michael Richards and Jason Alexander might not participate in the added content of the DVDs, negotiations "lasted about two minutes," said "Seinfeld" executive producer Howard West. He said they agreed to take part in the project in exchange for participation in the profits of future DVDs.

Columbia TriStar president Ben Feingold said "Seinfeld's" marketing budget "will be enormous and will be similar to any of the big feature films released in the fourth quarter this year."

"We've been working on this for a couple of years," Feingold said, adding that the episodes have been newly enhanced in high definition for the DVD release. "We're continuing work on the entire property, including subsequent seasons."

Extra features on the releases include audio commentaries from cast members, deleted scenes and never-aired stand-up comedy footage of Jerry Seinfeld, who created the series with David.

West said promotional partners on the DVD-only releases would include America Online, Microsoft, Coca-Cola and Regal Theatres in addition to such mass retailers as Wal-Mart and Target. Regal will feature onscreen ads for the DVDs beginning in November. He added that the studio also plans to cross-trailer "Seinfeld" on the DVD release of "Spider-Man 2."

SilverZ

« Reply #564 on: August 6, 2004, 10:06 PM »
Maybe it was mentioned earlier and I missed it, but I just saw this review over at dvd.ign.com.  I didn't realize that "The Black Hole" from Disney was being released on DVD, I always enjoyed that movie as a kid.

Grabbed this one as well, since I've had the old Anchor Bay one with its messd up audio. This new one is an improvement, but not much. It's pretty washed out looking overall, but at least it's 16x9 now.

I always liked the movie as a kid too, but in a creepy, not very fun kind of way. Even today it has this heavy, sort of oppressive and lethargic atmosphere to it that I still can't quite figure out. Somewhere under all the Disney attempts at being Star Wars there's this gothic drama trying to get out. The John Barry score is amazing in it.

Its one of those movies I'd like to see made today as an adult pic, a sort of Event Horizon without all the suck.

SilverZ

« Reply #565 on: August 9, 2004, 02:25 AM »
Coolness.  8) Director's cut arrives in October:

FYI for anyone getting Kill Bill Vol2 on Tuesday, Best Buy is giving away a free slipcover case that holds both volumes with purchase. Not really something I need, but I'm a sucker for any KB merchandise.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 9, 2004, 03:14 AM »
I just got my copy of Hellboy in the mail yesterday and after watching it last night i must say i was mighty impressed with Ron Pearlmans acting in the role of Hellboy, there was only one part where i noticed they had his big hand on the wrong way but crikey the film was good, looked good and when did Selma Blair get hot???
She looks sooooo good on the cover and even alright in the movie.Go Hellboy, might have to buy me the director's cut as well when that comes out.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #567 on: August 9, 2004, 09:46 AM »
I watched The Black Hole after I got my Appendix out, first time I had seen it since the early 80's  I agree Jared, its got some weird stuff going on...especially for a Disney Movie.  What got me was coolness they did with all of the Science in the first half and then went wacky with the same science in the second.  Meteors rolling down the ship etc

A remake would rule...I think they could do a lot better job.  Event Horizon gave me nightmares for some reason, I think I had the flu when I watched it

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #568 on: August 9, 2004, 10:10 AM »

I almost forgot...tomorrow!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #569 on: August 9, 2004, 10:15 AM »

I almost forgot...tomorrow!

Uma, Oprah.

Oprah, Uma.

Picking up KB2 tomorrow at The Buy (gotsta love the exclusive slipcase), and the Predator SE at Target.

And I don't give two craps about Hellboy, but that's some swell cover art there.

« Last Edit: August 9, 2004, 10:17 AM by Virex »