Author Topic: Republic Commando  (Read 8593 times)

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
Re: Republic Commando
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 03:40 PM »
well i got the omnibus from the science fiction book club and personally didn't care for it. if anyones interested I'm planning on selling at least four hardcover SW books on ebay real soon, so let me know if your interested in that.

before ordering it i had just got done reading bloodlines in like a day or less. and thought travvis was the best sw writer around, so i decided to read all the previews of RC in other paperbacks. the omnibus gets here, i start reading it and find myself ignoring the book at all costs outta how dull the whole walking around that planet part. so i can only assume these books for those whom are big clone/mando fans(but seriously I'd say these guys are really just clones with ego problems), so not my cup o' tea. even though i love the game bounty hunter and found bloodlines to be like a boba version of that. which would be awesome.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 11:40 AM »
Has anyone picked up True Colors yet?  Just curious on impressions.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline clonebuyer111

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2008, 09:40 PM »
i bought it and really like it since it talked about RAV BRALOR one the mandolorian females

and i will anticipate the next book order 66

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 11:16 AM »
The first two were more about how the commandos operate, but True Colors seemed to dive more into what it meant to be a clone and allowed them to look at bigger view of the universe and their part in it.  I liked it and thought it was a good read.  Karen Traviss does a very good job with Star Wars books, in my opinion.
I am not the Stig

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2008, 04:10 PM »
Anyone get Order 66 yet?  I'm kind of surprised that they went with a hardcover release on this, since the other three were paperbacks.  I thought I read that it would be in paperback by Christmas, but I can't find that now.  I guess I'll be getting this soon.  I really like the others in the Commando series.
I am not the Stig

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2008, 08:43 PM »
I finished Order 66 and I loved it. Great ending to the series. Not an allout happy ending, but a good ending....

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2008, 10:36 AM »
I think I saw that Karen Traviss has said she might be doing Imperial Commando.  I haven't gotten Order 66 yet, but I really like this series and would be really excited to see it continue.
I am not the Stig

Offline Phantom-like Menace

• Youngling
  • The hammer is my penis.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 1, 2008, 11:21 AM »
Wow, for such a great series, I can't believe this thread gets so little traffic.

I should warn, there are SPOILERS for the entire series here.

I liked the first book, managed to get through the second, thought the third was great, and really enjoyed the fourth.

The RCs were all interesting enough, and Kal and Vau were straight up awesome. I was usually a little annoyed by Etain. I think her character would have been better served by the author if she had left the Order before or instead of Bardan. As it is, she kind of just went through the series with a target painted on her. It seemed like she had to stay with the Order just to die at the end.

I know a lot of people have a problem with the idea that there are so many Mandalorians running around in full armor when some sources said Boba was one of the last of his kind. I'm not really sure of the original source of this thinking, but I figure enough sources have implied there are more of them (going back as far as the Marvel run with Fenn Shysa and Tobbi Dala and including MandalMotors in Dark Horse, and new sources like Traviss's books) to allow that the original source of this idea might be discountable. Otherwise, I'm a Mandalorian dork, so I'm happy to see them all.

I was really happy to read in Order 66 that Jango knew full well the clone army was being made to kill the Jedi, and that that was the reason he allowed himself to be cloned, because he wanted revenge on the Jedi.

Otherwise, yes, Traviss is supposed to be writing Imperial Commando: 501st, which is set for August of 2009. I was a little worried when Order 66 left so much up in the air, so I looked into it and saw there were more books planned, at least two in the future.
I hate softgoods!!!

You're making me apathetic. You won't like me when I'm apathetic. I get big, green, and don't give a ****.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 05:57 PM »
I guess Karen Traviss felt TCW and the Commando series were diverging too much, so she's decided not to write anymore Commando books after Imperial Commando 2.  I'm not happy about that.  I understand some didn't like the mythology she built around the Mandolorians, or was it about how many Mando existed in the galaxy?  Anyway, I liked her books and I wish she'd change her mind.
I am not the Stig