Author Topic: Blue Clone BUST  (Read 14664 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
Blue Clone BUST
« on: July 20, 2003, 11:35 PM »
I think GG really came up w/ a bust on this piece...
Limited to 1,000 units to be split between two cons??

Stories of horror already have been heard on this one, and an eBay search pulls up over 40+...

What make me laugh my *** off is GG saying "they didn't expect demand". That is a good one...  ;D ;D ;D
Let's see the last four busts they have produced all sold out and command insane prices on eBay now. Nah... How could they ever see the demand?  ::)

I had a good friend going to SDCC but haven't heard form him yet...

"I have a bad feeling about this"

I don't think he'll have good news... but who knows.
I know one thing is that GG really shouldn't have done something like this. This is the kind of thing that puts the first nail in the coffin...

I have another shot in Chicago if nothing came out of SDCC... but the Windy City doesn't sound much better.
Only good thing is my odds are a little better since I'll know three people there... one being an online retailer I'm friends w/...

Who knows I may even be able to attend...

Though right now the blue Clone is not looking as favorable as I'd like for an addition in the collection.

Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Blue Clonetrooper bust
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 05:27 AM »
My wife and I were actually lucky enough to each score one of these on Friday morning.  It was our first stop inside the convention.  We got in 15 minutes after opening, and I immediately stuck Patty in the line at the Gentle Giant booth to hopefully snag one of these for Adam (BigDumbWookiee), while I hightailed it over to the Silver Fett line.  Well, the Fett line was supposedly already 3 hours long at that point, so I said screw that and went back to join Patty in the Clone bust line at GG.

When I got back there, she was holding a sign (form Dark Horse) that said "I'm last in line".  I asked her what the hell that meant, and she said a Gentle Giant rep walked the line and counted off the people who would get a bust, and said she was the VERY LAST person for their allotment for that day, so they asked her to hold the sign so no one else would waste their time waiting behind her in line!   :o  I even have a picture of her holding the sign (I'll try to get it up soon).  Talk about LUCK!  Well, I joined her in line anyways, just so she wasn't waiting alone, since it was going to be over an hour.

Well, as luck would have it, they slightly miscounted, and had three more Clone busts beyond Patty's spot in line, so I lucked out and got one as well, along with a couple other fellas behind us that absolutely refused to ever leave the line despite being told numerous times by the GG folks that they weren't going to get a bust.  Guess perserverance pays off!  Definitely a cool looking bust...

But yeah, I just don't get why companies need to make exclusives in such a ridiculously limited number.  It really just ruins the collecting fun for anyone who is a consumer of that respective line...  Plain stupid if you asked me!

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Re: Blue Clone BUST
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 10:29 AM »
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I now have a life debt with Matt and Patty :) I wont be annoying like Jar Jar, more like a faithful Chewie-styled sidekick.

Grar!
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2003, 10:35 AM »
I hope to acquire a Clone Bust for myself and BigDumbWookie at Wizards in Chicago. I am leaving a 4am from Indy to get there around 9am.  I may now even leave at 3am just to get there a bit earlier to get in line for the busts.

I have heard at the Con the Clone bust was sold out very quickly and at the start they were not limited to how many you could buy. Someone told me that there were people at the con sellling the busts for around $100.00 each.  :o

Lets hope that it is smooth sailing and I can acquire the two busts. It will suck to have another collection missing a piece.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2003, 01:19 PM »
Well, if anyone at all can help I'd also owe a life debt...
I think I struck out at SDCC and I'm hoping that I can get one from Chicago... but it sounds like it might be a really tough thing to pull off.

So if anyone grabs an extra...

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2003, 03:35 PM »
I hope to acquire a Clone Bust for myself and BigDumbWookie at Wizards in Chicago.

David, not sure if you read my post above (or BigDumbWookiee's), but I already snagged him the Clone bust down in San Diego this weekend and will be shipping it out to him tomorrow, so I'd doubt if Adam really needs another.  Might want to check in with him.  Obviously, there's plenty more people here and elsewhere looking for one as well though.

GG was limiting the busts to only one per person per day and punching badges accordingly.  JD member FishEyedLouie was down at the con on the final day yesterday, and said there were only 35 Clone busts left for the convention, so Gentle Giants just raffled them off, instead of running the usual line for them.

The line in Chicago will likely fill up the second the convention doors open, and there's not many alloted for each day, so you better have a good game plan in place so you can make a b-line for their booth as soon as you get in (presumably right when the convention opens).  Good luck!

Anyone see what these things are going for on eBay?!  Anywhere between $150 - $305 so far...  Woah!   :o
« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 03:38 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2003, 04:02 PM »
Binks if Adam (BDW) is covered... I'll take any extra one you can get man...

I heard from my friend today that went to SDCC and no dice  :'(

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2003, 06:39 PM »
I'll be going to the show in Chicago and can't wait to get one of these.

Matt, that was a great story about your wife waiting in line for these busts.  You two rock!   8)
dustrho

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2003, 07:22 PM »
Yeah, I forgot to email David amidst all the excitement!

I wont be needing another bust ;) Thanks though!
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2003, 07:34 PM »
Adam, I'm glad that Matt & Patty were able to get you one of these busts.  I really wish that I could help people here (since I will be attending the Chicago convention), but I have other people on my list already.

Do they have an official limit per person on these?  I can't remember if I read about a specific limit per person or not.
dustrho

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2003, 07:52 PM »
Do they have an official limit per person on these?  I can't remember if I read about a specific limit per person or not.

Just look four posts above yours.  Looks like Jedimac already answered that question.

GG was limiting the busts to only one per person per day and punching badges accordingly.  JD member FishEyedLouie was down at the con on the final day yesterday, and said there were only 35 Clone busts left for the convention, so Gentle Giants just raffled them off, instead of running the usual line for them.

I personally think these kinds of exclusives personally!  Just not fair to the fans.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2003, 07:56 PM »
Just look four posts above yours.  Looks like Jedimac already answered that question.

Guess I'm just blind.   :P
dustrho

Offline James D

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2003, 08:57 PM »
This started as a PM to Matt, but I decided to share with the group. Well, I only knew one person going to SDCC, so of course I off-hand asked him to hook me up with the busts. Well, I just heard back from him tonight, and he came through!!! I'll give him a plug here, since he runs a site: Michael's Review of the Week  
James

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2003, 08:58 PM »
Somehow I missed it.  ::)
Ok since Adam has his I still plan on picking up an extra for anyone who needs it. If I get an extra one I will be sure to let you all know.

For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2003, 09:15 PM »
This started as a PM to Matt, but I decided to share with the group. Well, I only knew one person going to SDCC, so of course I off-hand asked him to hook me up with the busts. Well, I just heard back from him tonight, and he came through!!!

That's really great news James!  Glad you're going to get one, as I was feeling a little bad about not being able to hook you up with my extra one.  So good for you that you scored one!

So do you actually know that Michael fella that runs that review site?  I've been referred over there to some of his reviews before and he really does a great job!  Tell him to come visit us sometime here at JD, eh?!   ;)

Good luck with your busts David, and remember to get there early and head straight for that line!  Plenty of time to snag the Silver Boba Fetts later on, if you haven't already done so.  So are you going to be going on a couple different days, and thus hope to snag a couple busts?  Or are you taking someone with you?  'Cause in San Diego, it was only ONE bust per person, even if someone bought TWO entry passes.  GG was pretty strict about it.  Regardless, good luck with your hunt, and have fun at the convention.  Keep an eye out for your Star Tours loot from me around Thursday as well!   ;)