Author Topic: Blue Clone BUST  (Read 14610 times)

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Re: Blue Clone BUST
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2003, 09:40 PM »
I will be at Wizards Friday and Saturday.
Can't wait for you to snag my Star Tours Toys.

David
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline James D

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2003, 10:07 PM »
So do you actually know that Michael fella that runs that review site?  I've been referred over there to some of his reviews before and he really does a great job!  Tell him to come visit us sometime here at JD, eh?!  

Mike founded one of the toy clubs I am in, Action Toys of Michigan, and is a member with me in a sister organization, the Michigan Star Wars Collectors Club. He has the most amazing toy collection I have ever seen, and he's a swell guy, too (especially after hooking me up with the bust)  :)  But, he's also cost me lots of money. It was strictly Star Wars toys before going to his place. After seeing all his goodies I diversified too much  8)
James

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2003, 10:15 PM »
Can't wait for you to snag my Star Tours Toys.

Already snagged them technically!  Just haven't shipped them, and the other 13 packages, out quite yet is all.  But hopefully I can get 'em all going over the next day or two...  Should have them by the end of the week for sure though.  I'll shoot you a PM with the final shipping tally soon D!

Hopefully we can keep the Blue Clone bust JD train goin' David!  Adam, James, and I are in good shape here, so hopefully you'll have some good luck and snag one (or two) as well!  That just leaves Tom and Jimmy for us to hook up somehow...

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2003, 10:54 PM »
Guys thanks so much for any help... and for keeping me in mind.

Like I said as of now I know at least 4-5 people going to Chicago... I'll at least have some better luck than SDCC.
I am committed to however many comeback w/ one for me.

Of course I need just one so if I get any extras I promise to share the wealth. I mean I know I won't be stuck w/ any... that is if I can even get just one  :)

I have fingers, toes, and whatever else I can cross... crossed  ;D
Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Jango Fettish

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2003, 11:08 PM »
That just leaves Tom and Jimmy for us to hook up somehow...

...and Cory, since I sold all my toys (minus Jango/Boba) to focus on Mini Busts and Unleashed.  :-*

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2003, 12:09 AM »
...and Cory, since I sold all my toys (minus Jango/Boba) to focus on Mini Busts and Unleashed.  :-*

Sorry, I hadn't heard you express an interest in this one here at JD anywhere Cory.  Did I just miss it somewhere?

Jango Fettish

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2003, 12:53 AM »
I figured I;d let things die down, take the pressure off of the SDCC goers who were looking to help others out.

I'm speaking up 3 weeks before the con now to let everyone know that papa fettish is interested in one for his new focus.  ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2003, 02:00 PM »
Dustin just mentioned this over at RS regarding the Blue Clone bust.  So anyone going to the Chicago show better get there VERY early!

Vic is right on this one, the guys at GGS I talked to said they'd be lucky if they got to take 100 of the 1000 made to Chicago, when they went to a raffle system on saturday afternoon it wasn't looking very good for the folks who were banking on this item being available in Chicago.

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2003, 02:46 PM »
WHAT???

There was supposed to be an allotment of 500 per each show. &#%$ GG already... This is total bull...

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2003, 03:32 PM »
AHHH! $h!T The Bust is the reason I am going to Wizards. I hope my trip is not a bust! No pun intended. :)
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2003, 03:39 PM »
That is the biggest bunch of f'n bs!  They better have more than that there.  I plan on being there super early, so hopefully I'll be able to get some of them.  Anyone with a Star Wars license (i.e. Hasbro, GG, etc) has in some way or another screwed the Chicagoland area yet again.   >:(
dustrho

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2003, 04:51 PM »
Thats really going to suck if they let dealers and exhibitors at them first; didnt that happen on the first day of SDCC? They subsequently did away with that though, right? Good luck everyone
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2003, 08:27 PM »
Well, hopefully Dustin or the GG folks got their numbers or information mixed up or something, since they were definitely supposed to allot half of the 1,000 bust to each show.  That would be pretty damned messed up of them if they really gave away 90% of them down in San Diego!

Good luck guys!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2003, 08:33 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2003, 07:02 PM »
Well I am one of the many who is desperately seeking this bust....will pretty much give anything in my collection.....almost anythign at least.

I have heard those comments of how many might be left for Chicago.  If that is true, they are gonna have a big problem when we get there.

I have e-mailed Gentle Giants every other day since their site went on line on the 17th and they have still not answered me on this matter (and the production run of the Chrome Vader).

Makes me wonder if they are ignoring me?

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #29 on: August 8, 2003, 06:20 PM »
OK... so some really ****** up stuff from Wizard...

Looks like a total of 75 were saved for Chicago. I mean 75 of 1000.... WT* is that about.

I am throughly over GG and their tatics at this point... and I am seriously considering loading off all mine very soon...

You may just see that Vader and Yoda you have been wanting up for sale very soon...

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan