Author Topic: Blue Clone BUST  (Read 14663 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Blue Clone BUST
« Reply #30 on: August 8, 2003, 07:49 PM »
Well, I am back from the Wizard World convention, and Jimmy is correct... they only had a total of 75 of 1000 busts available.  There were 25 raffled off today out of 300 given tickets, and of course I didn't get any.  I will be posting pictures and writing more about this later this evening.

>:(
dustrho

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #31 on: August 9, 2003, 09:33 PM »
I honestl feel that everyone and anyone that was even remotely interested in this piece flood their mailbox.
It may fall on deaf ears... and it will I sent them an email on July 22nd and never heard a thing back.... but if enough people do maybe they will understand we are fed up.

After reading what their response was to Mr. Wise I can honestly say that I am throughly disgusted.

I think beyond emailing them I would also email LucasFilm and let them know how you feel about a company such as GG handling the license...
I'd scream to see them lose it...

They give not an ounce of **** about their customers and that is totally unacceptable. These are the days (in the economy we are in) that companies such as GG should bend over backwards to keep their bread n' butter happy...

I still am in awe by this statement...

increasing the supply of limited Clonetrooper busts would not be fair to those collectors who have already purchased one

That truly blows me over...
Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2003, 06:04 PM »
Did anyone make out w/ one from Chicago?

Chris I know no luck on your end...
How about David? Nick? Anyone...? Anyone...?

Bueller?

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2003, 10:16 PM »
I didn't get drawn either day we were there (nor did my husband).  I didn't get drawn for a Batman or Keldor either.  
Beth

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2003, 04:50 PM »
Anyone else?

It's funny I see a forum member (or two) at RS commenting how it's tough **** for those that did'nt make out w/ one... and how there was never any mention it was to be divided blah, blah, blah...

Though one of the these same people mention how he obtained one in San Diego not wanting himself... but did so in order to help someone out. He then admits to making a profit off it... Yeah he was definitely out to help someone out... what he didn't say is that someone was himself...

Scumbag...

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2003, 11:19 PM »
I scored one, and was very lucky to do so.  The details are a little boring, though.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2003, 11:52 PM »
I scored one, and was very lucky to do so.  The details are a little boring, though.

I cannot believe you won one of those!  And I was the one that was showing a lot more interest in that than you.  You are so lucky Nick!  Well, congratulations buddy for winning that.
dustrho

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2003, 12:45 AM »
Thanks.  It was in the final raffle, and the guys from Gentle Giant almost didn't hear me call out that I won.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2003, 11:08 AM »
If you are upset about this whole Gentle Giant exclusive mess I suggest we all send a well thought out e-mail to Gentle Giants.

I was able to get one but it was not at the show which I attended.  It was by buying it for more than what they paid.  But even if I had not gotten one I am pissed! Complaining ain't gonna change the situation now.  What I want is for Gentle Giants to do 3 things:
1. come out in the open and say they messed up
2. explain what happened
3. tell us how they will fix this so it won't happen again

I suggest we all send an e-mail to them at consumers@gentlegiantltd.com requesting this.  At this point it is kind of useless to b*tch and complain but we can do something to keep this from happening again.

For a detailed report of the whole thing go here http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=44234

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2003, 09:35 PM »
The point is moot really...
You either get one of the standard "sorry" bull**** replies... or may get lucky and get an email stating they'll send you a small "gift"... I was a lucky recipient of the standard bull...

I love reading some of the various threads though on this matter at the different forums... Some (most) like myself think what GG did was just flat out wrong... Then some others like one of my favorite Rebelscum little poster boys adds his opinion... but also notes he got one and made himself a little profit from it. Great guy!

Ahh... not even worth wasting your breath on it anymore... Congrats to those that got one... and hopefully to those that didn't you will... or just decide your money is better spent elsewhere.

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2003, 10:03 PM »
Then some others like one of my favorite Rebelscum little poster boys adds his opinion... but also notes he got one and made himself a little profit from it. Great guy!

Jimmy, please stop with the insults of other members.  We prefer people don't do that here at JD.  Thanks!   :-*

Obviously the Blue Clonetrooper bust is a volatile topic right now due to how GG has handled it's distribution.  I for one don't think it's fair the way GG so disproportionately allocated the busts between the two shows, and never even mentioned that the possibility that the Chicago show would get so few.

But different people have different opinions on this.  That's fine, so let's all just state our opinions on the matter and leave it at that.  Your displeasure should be directed at GG (as it already has), not at your fellow JD members...

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2003, 10:11 PM »
All I can say about this whole thing is that I'm more than pissed off that I couldn't get one of these.  This was my highest priority there at the Chicago show, and I didn't get one.  How could GG screw up something like this?  When I asked them if I could speak with them at the show (possibly do an interview with them) they said, "No, we're not speaking with anyone about this.  There really isn't much to say about it."  That's such crap!

If I had gotten that bust, I would have fallen in love with it, and then would have bought more busts from them (I don't own any busts right now).  But since they royally screwed that up, why on Earth would I want to dump $40-60 on a bust after they screwed me (and many others) at WW.  With that said, I think I'm just going to boycott them and not buy anything from them.  At least I won't be buying those busts directly from them.

And yes, this is a very "touchy" topic, especially since I didn't get one of the Blue Clone Trooper busts.   >:(
dustrho

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2003, 04:07 AM »
I love reading some of the various threads though on this matter at the different forums... Some (most) like myself think what GG did was just flat out wrong... Then some others like one of my favorite Rebelscum little poster boys adds his opinion... but also notes he got one and made himself a little profit from it. Great guy!

Ok. Time out.

Look....I'm not getting into this personal stuff with you. Whatever your beef is with me, knock it off. You've baited me twice today, and I'm not biting. Keep it up, and you'll end up getting yourself kicked out of yet another Star Wars collecting forum.....cause I'm not taking the low road with you.

Now, as far as what you've said about me......people can read through my experiences with this figure over at RS. The long and short of it is, I didn't WANT this bust, but I stood in line for it because I promised a fellow scummer I'd try to bring one back for him. And I did.

He was going to trade me a 12" Plo Koon (retail 20 bucks) and I believe one of the new 12" Biker Scout figures. He also offered to pay all the shipping as a thank you. That was retail plus what would have been about 10 bucks for shipping.

That seemed like a good deal to me, and I was happy to help.  I stood in line for about an hour and a half. Maybe more.  Got the thing. Got back, and then the guy didn't email me. I couldn't remember his user name or email (we had talked in June).

SO...I posted a bulletin in the classifieds giving him 2 days to email me.  No dice (still no dice to this day actually).

Meanwhile...ANOTHER Rebelscummer PM'ed me and said if that guy didn't trade me for it, he'd swoop in.  He OFFERED me a Plo Koon and some cash.

I didn't counter. I didn't haggle. I said sure.  I took his first offer, we paid our own shipping.

If that makes me "evil" I'm sorry.....but he's happy, and I'm happy.  And I know damn well I could have gotten 250 on Ebay or whatever, but there was no way I was going to do that when I could deal with a fellow Rebelscum collector instead.

Am I saying I'm a saint?  Did I say "Nah, just the retail is fine, and forget the figure I want." ?

No. I took him up on his offer for some cash AND the figure I wanted.  He saved a lot over Ebay, and I got the figure I"ve wanted forever.

If that makes me a bad guy, I'm sorry.

Got Clones?

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2003, 04:17 AM »
Jimmy and JoshEEE, please take this problem to PM's or e-mail. The arguing/bickering between both of you at JediDefender is going to stop here and now. I am not going to moderate your ideas, because we all know that you do not and will not agree. All I ask is that you are respectful to each other in the public forum. If the problem continues, it will be dealt with accordingly. Thanks for hearing me out on this, I really do appreciate your cooperation.

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2003, 05:11 AM »
I feel that I should post a follow-up here.

I am not placing the blame on anyone here, and I am not taking sides. My statement was that the problems between both of you need to stop in the public forum. I would be happy to talk with either of you in an e-mail, please do contact me if you would like to discuss this further as I would like to see the problem resolved.