Author Topic: Star Wars Models  (Read 13925 times)

Offline boba_jp

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Slave1
Star Wars Models
« on: September 18, 2003, 05:30 PM »
Jango's Slave1 which must have been sold in Jul was postponed in Dec.
TIE-Interceptor is sold as the 5th of this series.
It may be sold earlier than Slave1.

TIE-Interceptor
Scale:1/72
Price:2200Yen

http://www.sala.or.jp/~fm/shs/purarajihshow.htm  
« Last Edit: September 18, 2003, 05:31 PM by boba_jp »
-------
Boba Fett Collection Site "Slave1"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Star Wars Models... Not Dead from C&D's.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2004, 05:53 PM »
For those possibly curious if you CAN get Star Wars Models from someone other than Fine Molds (great line though, don't pass em up!), or *gasp* Code 3 (If you can call those models) then here's a linky dink for you.

http://www.angelfire.com/art/zarkus/zarkusmodelkits.html

Zarkus Model Kits (I was directed to them by the small company, Scale Model Technologies who were forced to cease their production of Star Wars models by Lucasfilm and some of its license holders) are producing a nice lineup of Expanded Universe ships.  Check out some pics below as these are really top quality model kits.

Incom Z-95 Headhunter (antiquated) Starfighter

&

Imperial Stormtrooper Transport (From X-Wing Series of PC Flight Sims, and one of my personal favorite ships)

&

Dash Rendar's Corellian YT-3000 Light Transport, The Outrider

These are some damn nice models, so if you're looking for really accurately designed models based on EU, this company's putting out quality kits you shouldn't pass up.  The Stormtrooper Transport's one of the most commonly seen ships in EU if you follow the X-Wing series.  They're used for docking and boarding capital ships as they carry a nice compliment of Troops inside.  They make good general all-purpose transports as well for the Empire, as well as good support craft for invasion forces.

I liken them to a Space AT-AT, though they're not any way related other than they serve a similar purpose of dropping troops into battle where needed.

Some good stuff out there guys, and in a scale matching the Fine Molds kits which I believe are also 1/72 scale (I think all of Zarkus's kits are 1/72 scale if not mistaken).

Options are out there, and hopefully they remain so for all the people wanting to have high-quality models sit on their desks and shelves.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Star Wars Models... Not Dead from C&D's.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2004, 06:26 PM »
Very cool looking there Jess, and that Z-95 is amazing!  BTW, I trust you saw Code3's response to you over at RS?  Here's a copy, just in case you didn't:

I feel compelled to respond to this post/rumor. I apologize if some of you have been misinformed by others. Code 3 Collectibles has had absolutely nothing to do with stopping the sales of this "garage kit company". Code 3 Collectibles has at no time asked Lucas to have this company stop producing their models, and in fact was not aware of this company when making an agreement with Lucas. If Lucas stopped this company from producing models of their starships it was not done on behalf of Code 3 Collectibles.

Makin' friends, eh Jesse?!   ;D
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 06:47 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars Models... Not Dead from C&D's.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2004, 09:40 PM »
Yeah, haha...  I dunno how to respond to it though?  I have my "confirmation" about the situation, and if you want my honestly opinion they're simply not being honest with the customers, yet the customers are buying into what they say.

Sad thing is, because it's a legal issue, it really can't be discussed openly, so the whole thing's a moot argument.  :(

Fortunately, they've not run EVERYONE out of the business of model making though, so at least there's a slim opening for some models to be made, and this company isn't too bad at all.  Their models have full detailed interiors as well, though I'm not so sure on the Outrider.  The Stormie transport does though, right down to troop benches.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77