Author Topic: Tragic news concerning our fearless leader.  (Read 14018 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Tragic news concerning our fearless leader.
« on: November 30, 2004, 01:32 PM »
I know this is hard to believe and it deeply saddens me, but I'm forced to show you what just showed up on the newswire..... :'(

(AP)In news that shocked the Star Wars internet collecting world, the body of Chris Berry was found today in the Ohio countryside.  Berry was well known as the owner and leader of a Star Wars collectible board known as JediDefender.com

His body was found by a passerby walking their dog.  One Mr. Coleman stated that he was just out walking his dog and the dog suddenly became very excited, barking loudly.  When Coleman went to look at what was causing the ruckuss, he found the body.  "It was awful" said Coleman, "not only because, well, it was a dead body, but because it had all sorts of horrible burn marks and holes in the body." 

Police spokespersons were unwilling to comment on the nature of the burns or holes.  They would only comment on the fact that there were numerous suspects.   "There's a lot of unruly behaviour in the internet community" the officer in charge said, adding "no leader of an internet site is without their fair share of enemies." 

When an employee of the site was contacted for comment, one Mr. S. Pearson, he initially refused comments.  But later stated that "y'know, Ohio is really nice this time of year, er, I mean I've never been outside Minnesota!" 

Another staff member, a Mr. M. Colman (not related to the witness Coleman, but quite similar sounding in spite of differences in stature) was reported to be deeply saddened by the news.  What baffled the interviewer was the giggling in the background. 

Suspects were not specifically noted, though there is an international flavor apparently.  Apparently, one of the board "members" is from Canada.  No real name was obtained, but police are very interested in finding this individual.  His "code name" (bunch of ******* geeks) is Koda - apparently some satanic name, relating to an evil band from the 70's that went by the name of Led Zeppelin.  Though police did not reveal the information, there is speculation that satanic marking were found on the body including the word "ZOSO".  As far as motive for the elusive Koda there is the suggestion that he was waiting on some help from Berry and became impatient.  Something to do with "snowtroopers" though no one knows what the hell that means to anyone in the civilized world. 

Also tied into the satanic rumours were suggestions of some sort of voodoo involvement.  Rumour has it that one former board member was recently killed, but has surfaced occasionally in the form of a spectre.  The Ghost of Virex apparently had no love for Berry, as he was not allowed power at the site in question.  Some speculate that the Ghost of Virex came back to exact his due revenge. 

Other rumoured suspects are as follows, all using the ridiculous ::) code names from Jedidefender.com:

Angry Ewok - another staff member.  Apparently the name relates to his hirsuteness, when coupled with his short stature resulting in a less than pleasant demeanor (& odour) and poor taste in star wars characters.

Jokabofe (what the **** does that mean ::)) A disillusioned and bitter toy collector from New York and we know all New Yorkers are involved in some type of crime. 

As well there are numerous suspects from Minnesota, including the aforementioned Pearson.  As police spokespersons put it "you can't trust the people from Minnesota y'know."  "They're just like the folks out in Montana - you can't trust 'em.  Oh sure, they seem all citified and civilized but you know damn well they're drunk most of the time and packing weapons.  Can hardly blame them, what with the cold weather and polar bears and **** like that."

Crime scene investigators let slip some information that the burn marks were consistent with some type of crystal light.  Precisely how that could happen, they were unwilling to speculate. 

Investigations continue.  Berry apparently left behind few friends but plenty of family.  Not all were known to him.

RIP Chris Berry.

:-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Tragic news concerning our fearless leader.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 04:03 PM »
 :-\  Uh....  yeah.

:'(

So sad that so many have read, yet not responded, to this "good" thread.

Don't you think it's a little early in the day to hit the bottle, eh?   :P

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 04:17 PM »
Meh, you win some, you lose some.  My test market thought it funny.  Apparently not.  I thought it funnier when I had a slightly different name for the witness, but it was not prudent to use that name, apparently.   :-*

I'll live. 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 04:20 PM »
Bored?

I was about to throw a shitfit for putting an "e" in my last name, but I see that was just another fella by the same name.  Weird, that.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 04:21 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 04:23 PM »
Jokabofe (what the **** does that mean ::))

What does your forum name mean?   ::)

'Tis sad though, about Berry's disappearance/passing though...   :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 04:27 PM »
Jokabofe (what the **** does that mean ::))

What does your forum name mean?   ::)

'Tis sad though, about Berry's disappearance/passing though...   :-\

Man, it was either too deep for most people or just that bad.  I guess the latter based on your recent post.  It was written in third person from the perspective of a reporter who wouldn't frequent the site, but I guess reading comprehension's a little lower than I was giving credit for ::)

Using  Coleman as the witness name was to see if you would indeed throw said shitfit for me mis-spelling your name.  So it was a marginal success on that level. 

The original witness was deemed too sensitive to use.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 04:49 PM »
You're a bastard, and I'm glad you're dead.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 05:41 PM »
Slow news day, huh? :P
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2004, 06:34 PM »
You're a bastard, and I'm glad you're dead.

Is that directed at Brent, or Berry?!   :P

(I know the answer, of course)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2004, 06:37 PM »
Jokabofe ... A disillusioned and bitter toy collector from New York and we know all New Yorkers are involved in some type of crime.

Is that a shot at Dave's little "issue" with a certain Drew Barrymore flick?   :P

Dave's actually in New Jersey, BTW.  But close enough.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2004, 07:37 PM »
I guess I'm the only one who thought it was funny.

- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2004, 09:56 PM »
Actually, I got a kick out of it, even if I'm still learning who everyone is.  Damn newbie!  I guess Brent's humour just works for me... should I be worried?  :o

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2004, 10:05 PM »
Only the good die young, Rest In Peace Chris Berry

Does this mean that I get his stuff?   Because that was what Colman told me

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2004, 10:50 PM »
Why didn't Darth Big Boy break this?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2004, 11:05 PM »
I'm going to be nice  >:(  ;D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 11:32 PM by Princess »
You are starting to damage my calm.