Author Topic: Howard Sorensen aka Yakmouth is a horrible trader!!!!  (Read 3417 times)

Offline cohens4

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Howard Sorensen aka Yakmouth is a horrible trader!!!!
« on: August 25, 2004, 05:42 PM »
Has anyone ever dealt with Yakmouth aka Howard Sorensen.  i sent him money on July 12th and he kept stating he was waiting for the check to clear, waiting for the check to clear. it is now aug 25th and i havent received the item yet. a week and a half ago he said he already mailed it out, but i have yet to receive anything. i also want to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but i feel like over 6 weeks is plenty of time???????

thanks for any info.......
stephen

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Anyone Know Yakmouth aka Howard Sorensen
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 06:50 PM »
Sorry to say Stephen, but that guy's BAD news...  He's got at least 5 different aliases here on JD (Berther_Mansacker, Droid Noid, and AnonymousFatGuy among them), and has been banned now following his freakishly wild and bizarre shenanigans a few weeks ago.  Definitely a problem child, and I'd bet dollars to donuts that you ain't gonna see squat from him.

But I think that one of his aliases here is still active over at Rebelscum.  Let me see if I can go dig that up for you...

Here it is:  Musashimaru  Same IP address as all those other aliases here anyway.  I'm confirming that it's the same dude at RS with the Rebelscum staff right now, so I'll let you know for sure when I hear back.

But that's definitely the name I've seen floating around RS quite a bit lately.  Good luck bud, and sorry this happened to you!  I'd advise always scoping out the feedback (or lack thereof) of newbies or unknown traders so as not to get scammed like this again in the future...   :-\
« Last Edit: August 25, 2004, 07:47 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Musashimaru2

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 01:39 AM »
First of all, let me point out that I had to create a new ID (Musashimaru2) because I could never get my other ID here (Musashimaru) to work correctly (could never get logged in). I created the new ID because I wanted to clear some things up related to this matter.

I have absolutely no idea who this person is that cohens4 is having problems with, but it is not me. The only ID that I have ever had anywhere is Musashimaru and the only site that I hang out on is rebelscum.com. I tried to become a member on this site, but as I already stated, I could not get the ID to work. I prefer rebelscum.com anyway.

I really wish that JediMAC would have contacted me first to ask about the situation rather than just making assumptions. Because of him doing so I am connected to this situation when I should not be involved at all. JediMAC suggested that I have the same IP address as this other person. I don't know if I actually do or not. I would think that some people have the same IP address anyway when you consider how many computer users there are.

I am sorry cohens4 if you are having problems with another member, but please believe that I am not the person that you are looking for.

Kerry West

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 02:23 AM »
Yeah, they're definitely identical IPs, which is extremely rare outside of AOL users to have them not be the same person...  That's why you weren't able to log in before - because 2 different aliases from this same IP address have caused problems here and have been banned, along with all 3 of the other forum names associated with this same IP address, including yours Kerry.

But if you are indeed not one and the same, and are truly in no way affiliated with this member who is ripping off Stephen, then I apologize for lumping you in there.  But like I said, this would be an extremely rare case of different users having the same IP address.  Does anyone else use your computer that you know of?

Anyway, guess the hunt shall continue.  Sorry again...

- Matt

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 09:41 AM »
Hmm, you all have the same IP address, perhaps all of these aliases are your cousin Musashimaruu

Offline Musashimaru2

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2004, 04:34 PM »

Anyway, guess the hunt shall continue.  Sorry again...

- Matt

No big deal. You're a Star Wars fan, so I cannot stay mad at you.

Offline cohens4

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Howard Sorensen aka Yakmouth is a horrible trader!!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 11:57 AM »
i just wanted to update everyone on a horrible trader.  HOWARD SORENSEN.  i sent payment to him for a star wars comic back in the middle of july.  of course, i never received it.  he guessed it was lost in the mail and would refund my money. he said, he wasnt getting paid for the whole month of september, so would i mind if he mailed it in october. i said yes, what other choice did i have.  that was supposedly mailed in the first week of october. and would you believe it, that also was lost in the mail.  he then said he would send another refund.  this time, he was concerned that so many things were getting "lost in the mail" that he would prefer sending it to a different address. so i gave him an alternate address to send it to. that was nov 2  and i have yet to receive the refund or hear from him again. 

i notified the us postal service and IFCC and am in the process of getting in touch with his local police department.  i provided them with all the wasted emails and all of his contact info.  they really are great websites.  for anyone that needs the web addresses here they are:

http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp
http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/

here is this scums address, so others dont get screwed by him as well:

Howard Sorensen
1502 Pine St. #2
Brainerd, Minnesota 56401

steer clear of him big time!!!
stephen

Offline cohens4

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Howard Sorensen aka Yakmouth is a horrible trader!!!!
« Reply #7 on: February 5, 2005, 08:46 AM »
just an update on this situation.  i filed complaints with the US Postal Service and IFCC on howard sorenson.  and wouldnt you know it, but two weeks after i received confirmation from the US postal service that a letter was sent to him from the postal service in regards to my complaint, i got an email from him. i hadnt heard from him in over 5 months.  the email said he would finally be returning my money.  two weeks after that i finally had my money back.  7 months late, but better late than never. 

this certainly is not a "good trader" and i would steer clear of him AT ALL COSTS. but it is good to know that there is some sort of recourse for us if we get screwed by scum like him. my suspiscion is that he is some little punk kid and his father opened the letter and had a talk with him. of course i dont know that, but it makes sense.

bottom line, i finally got my money back. just figured i would update everyone...
stephen

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: February 6, 2005, 10:55 PM »
Wow, nice to hear that doing some complaining with the proper authorities actually can do some good.  Really glad to hear you got your money back at least Stephen.  Better late than never, I guess.  At least you didn't technically get "ripped off" now, thanks to your persistent efforts.

I'll probably wind up merging this into the Bad Trader thread soon, after everyone's had a good look, and has memorized this clown's name.

- M

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: February 7, 2005, 06:20 AM »
yeah this is great news man...  Nice to hear a good outcome.  Apparantly all complaints are warranted I believe.  This is helpful information for sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline cohens4

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 7, 2005, 09:31 AM »
yeah, i am very glad it all worked out.  what scum.  but in the end, i got my money back.  now if i could just get hbk9 aka james vargas over on rebelscum to give my money back i would be all set!!

stephen