Author Topic: DC Direct Figures  (Read 40091 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: DC Direct Figures
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2006, 04:12 PM »
I've been drooling over the Alex Ross Justice League Figures in the latest Toy Fare and I've even looked them up on eBay but so far, I've resisted.  I love my newfound willpower :)

Is it gone yet?   :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2006, 04:52 PM »
willpower?  :-\  sorry unfamiliar with this concept.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2006, 03:57 PM »
I picked up Zatanna, Green Arrow and Hawkman from the Identity Crisis series.  The figures are nice looking and I've only opened the Green Arrow figure.  These are ok for what I want (cheap statues) but they sort of suck from some lack of quality issues. The paint is less than perfect, a not uncommon issue.  But more disappointing is the hands and the accessories.  After seeing what can be done with an archer in the ML line, this is a letdown.  The arrow heads don't fit properly in the quiver, they're loose and flop around, never mind that they are just a little raft of arrow tails, not individual arrows.  His hands won't hold the single arrow included (all one of them) and barely hold the bow as well.  I actually prefer Green Arrow over Hawkeye from a comic book perspective, but the Marvel Legends Hawkeye figure is just so much better executed than the Green Arrow figure is.  Same cost for me too, so it's an even bigger loss.  Were it at a lower price point I could maybe accept some shortfalls. :-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2006, 11:17 PM »
I've been drooling over the Alex Ross Justice League Figures in the latest Toy Fare and I've even looked them up on eBay but so far, I've resisted.  I love my newfound willpower :)

Is it gone yet?   :P
Still there!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2006, 11:51 PM »
Biatch!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2006, 02:09 PM »

So, what you're saying is you'd be VERY interested in the upcoming Catwoman from the Knightfall line-up with her very big... hair.  :-X

Consider this purchased :o and worth every little penny.  I also picked up the Bane from this series and it's much nicer than the current Mattel release, just a monstrous figure, along the likes of the ML Hulk figures in size and weight, just as it should be.  The Knightfall line is really well done and I did manage to avoid picking up others, but that Catwoman.... :P

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2006, 02:12 PM »
Looks like she has a wicked case of cameltoe :)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2006, 07:50 PM »
she has hair?  oh yeah i see it now, i just had to look past her  :-X
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2006, 09:49 PM »
Anyone pick some of these up lately?  I snagged some from Alex Ross' Justice League 3.  Grabbed Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and Poison Ivy :o  I'll let my daughter pick between this version of WW and the Red Son version, both are very well done.  I passed on the Joker, though it is extremely well done as well, probably the figure from the series with the most WOW of the bunch.  But I didn't want another Joker, so I left him behind. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2006, 11:02 PM »
I wanted to get the Joker from that series, but all the pieces that my local comic shop received were spoken for. So I settled for a Man-Bat from the Rogues Gallery series.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 1, 2006, 04:43 PM »
I've been getting all the heroes from this line.  I missed Black Canary, and am really kicking myself for that.  Then I passed on plastic man - not a character I'm interested in.  I did pick up the new Joker though.  Really nice figure.  Like you Brent, I've already got a bunch.  But to me, this one is the "definitive" Joker so far.  Looking forward to Martian Manhunter in series 5.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 1, 2006, 05:12 PM »
Galaxy has the Black Canary still in the store, or at least did last time I was there.  Steep though at $19.99.  I think there's a new DC Direct version of her coming as well. 

Hoping the Green Arrow figure from this line is what I hoped for out of the other line :-\

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 2, 2006, 09:01 AM »
Thanks for the heads up - I'll have to give them a call.  If any, I want to get the Justice one, so that there's a uniform look to my figs.  With the Green Arrow coming in this line, I really should get her.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2006, 02:27 AM »
These are the Ross figures I have so far, I also have Black Canary coming this week.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline alexandertrooper

• Youngling
  • 501st for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2006, 01:29 AM »
I've ordered a case of each wave so heres hoping they show up soon man do I love the Justice set.