Author Topic: DC Direct Figures  (Read 40087 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: DC Direct Figures
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2005, 04:08 PM »
Just for the heck of it, here is some pics/coverage of the DC offerings coming from DC Direct in the future.  This was shown at Comic-Con (coverage and pics by TNI).

I wouldn't mind getting a Lex Luthor to go with Superman, the one shown above doesn't look too bad to me.
« Last Edit: August 3, 2005, 11:53 AM by mosnab »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2005, 11:09 PM »
I snapped, DC has snagged me.

I picked up a Hush figurine. It's absolutley fantastic, though I only wish they had given him interchangable hands so I could have him hold 2 batarangs, or even include a hand with two batarangs. It's an awsome figure true to the comic though.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 3, 2005, 11:54 AM »
Just curious, for those of you who buy/collect the DC Direct figures, how does Amazon come through with these (if you've used them?).  I know that Amazon hasn't had the best track record lately (Unleashed, Marvel Legends, Lord of the Rings, etc.), so I wasn't sure.  They have a Superman figure that comes out this month (actually September on Amazon) that I thought about preordering, but I didn't know how reliable they would be.  Has anyone here preordered/ordered DC Direct from Amazon before?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: August 3, 2005, 01:13 PM »
I've never used Amazon for DC Direct pre-orders, but I have used them to buy things once they are in stock.  It's always worked out pretty well for me that way and you don't have the hassel of the pre-order.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline pakledjim

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2005, 06:34 PM »
Just got back from WWChicago the other day where I scored a lot of good deals on DC Direct figures. I got the new Rogues gallery set for 45$, Capt. Marvel/ Billy Batson 2 pack 10$, Black Adam 7$, Deadman and GA sandman 10$ each.

jiM
traded with:darthmaul94, Big Mac, Captain J Sparrow, starwax137,

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 3, 2005, 11:45 AM »
Just picked up a couple of the Justice series 2 figures (Batman and Aquaman).  Batman looks pretty nice, though the decision to give him pupils is a bit strange.  Aquaman is a big surprise - very nice figure.  Although I'm not sure I really like the metallic green, on the whole he looks great. 
I also just saw pics of the next wave, and the Joker looks fantastic.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 3, 2005, 11:51 AM »
I saw those Justice Series 2 figs at the comic shop last week, and they did look kind of spiffy.  It stinks that DC Direct is just so high priced though.  They make some nice stuff, but I just can't afford the majority of it.  I did pick up a Superman/Batman: Public Enemies Superman figure a month or so ago, but that's been the last.  I just liked the design of it, and it was something a little different for my shelf of Supes figs.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 3, 2005, 12:16 PM »
Actually the place I've been picking up my DC Direct figures from charges pretty close to the price of ML figures at TRU.  I think my ML nightcrawler was $12.99 from TRU (canadian), while the latest Justice figures were $13.47 each.  I know in the past DC Direct figures were pricey, but they really seem to have come down in the last year.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 3, 2005, 01:33 PM »
That is true, most of the prices I've seen anymore are around $13ish a figure, where they seemed to linger more in the $20 range.  Definitely an improvement.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2005, 10:32 AM »
A friend of mine picked me up a DC Direct Captain Atom figure. For the longest time, Captain Atom has been my favorite DC "super" hero. Batman still takes the cake as my favorite DC charachter.

I still havent found a DC Direct Batman from the Worlds Finest line.  :-\

Kevin

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2005, 02:01 PM »
At the risk of further ridicule....

I took a gander over at wizarduniverse and here are the figures that interest me right now:

Hawkman

Green Arrow

Zatanna :P

Batgirl

Joker

Thrillkiller Batgirl :o

Anyone seeing any of these at retail lately?  A few were designated as December releases. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2005, 08:09 PM »
Joker.

Do you wish for me to secure one for you?

Kevin

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2006, 12:09 AM »
I've gone the way of the comic shop on these.  Picked up some Justice League series 2, some of the Unmasked series and one or two others selectively.  I have the rest I want on order.  It's working well and I've found a small shop that is reasonably priced.  As in 30% less than everyone else locally :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2006, 11:08 AM »
I've gone the way of the comic shop on these.  Picked up some Justice League series 2, some of the Unmasked series and one or two others selectively.  I have the rest I want on order.  It's working well and I've found a small shop that is reasonably priced.  As in 30% less than everyone else locally :o
Unmasked line is cool, might have to grab a Supes.
I got the Red Son Supes and WW a few weeks ago, can`t wait for Batman
to come out.
Only 2 weeks until Toy Fair! I can`t go this year, going to miss seeing all the
cool stuff coming out. The Medicom/ Toy Tokyo booth last year had my attention
for about an hour I think, lol.
Adam

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #44 on: February 1, 2006, 11:51 PM »
I've been drooling over the Alex Ross Justice League Figures in the latest Toy Fare and I've even looked them up on eBay but so far, I've resisted.  I love my newfound willpower :)