Author Topic: Do You Blog?  (Read 4004 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Do You Blog?
« on: December 2, 2004, 02:45 PM »
Anyone Blog?  I've thought about doing it a few times but have been lazy to get started.  Just curious

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Blog
« Reply #1 on: December 2, 2004, 02:49 PM »
I've thought about it too, I think it could be very therapeutic.  Kinda like doing a diary I guess, but I've never taken the time to do that.  However, I seem to spend all of my spare time in front of this computer screen, so maybe I'll give it a shot sometime.  Any idea who hosts these blogs?

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #2 on: December 2, 2004, 02:56 PM »
I do.

I've used both blogger and livejournal.

I started on blogger first and then went to Livejournal because that's where a lot of my friends had their blogs.  It is kind of fun to post comments on your friend's blogs (and have them do the same).....but recently I went back to blogger. It's much easier to use, and has a lot of cool features for free that livejournal wants to charge you for.

blogger.com  is definitely the one I'm recommending. I believe it's done by the same people who do google.
Got Clones?

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 2, 2004, 03:52 PM »
I have a Livejournal that I don't update that frequently.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #4 on: December 2, 2004, 04:17 PM »
I just started recently.  You can check it out here: http://terminal-optimist.blogspot.com

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 2, 2004, 07:19 PM »
Are they free? (Blogs and LiveJournals)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #6 on: December 2, 2004, 07:28 PM »
Yes, though livejournal makes you pay if you want "premium" features (like posting by email, cell phone, special fonts or backgrounds, the ability to use multiple pictures, etc, etc.).

All that stuff is free on blogger.
Got Clones?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #7 on: December 3, 2004, 12:21 AM »
I have one. You can access it by clicking on my homepage thingy here, if you're so inclined. :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 4, 2004, 09:00 PM »
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 4, 2004, 09:45 PM »
I have one. Or had one. Well, it's still there, and every 6 months or so I update it. I used to use it every day, almost. Like JesseVader08 said, it's very therapeutic. I posted almost every day for about two years when I was going through my divorce. Not updating what was happening with that, just putting my thoughts and feelings into "print" somewhere. Much cheaper than a therapist, that's for sure.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 4, 2004, 11:38 PM »
I have one. Or had one. Well, it's still there, and every 6 months or so I update it. I used to use it every day, almost. Like JesseVader08 said, it's very therapeutic. I posted almost every day for about two years when I was going through my divorce. Not updating what was happening with that, just putting my thoughts and feelings into "print" somewhere. Much cheaper than a therapist, that's for sure.

I hear that timesten, my friend. On a rainy day or snow day some of you should hit up my journal from day 1 and give it a read. I say some pretty profound stuff in there.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 9, 2005, 05:38 PM »
Not a Blog or a LiveJournal, but I got a Xanga today, after reccomendations from friends.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 9, 2005, 05:50 PM »
There's a certain level of conceit that comes with Blogs that I don't quite comprehend. I do however understand the voyeuristic appeal.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #13 on: April 9, 2005, 06:45 PM »
People on the internet? Conceited? Say it ain't so! ;) ;D

I use it more as just a place to clear my head, and since I really don't have any friends that are into the things I'm into, I can blather on about it relentlessly.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 9, 2005, 10:31 PM »
[sarcasm]

Why blog at all? All that introspection stuff is overrated. And conceited. I'd rather let my current experience color away the past in a way that is convenient and comfortable, so I can move forward in the present without the pesky things that happened five years ago weighing me down as an account of my own about the realities of that moment.

Regarding other people reading my self-absorbed daily experience - I wouldn't want to read their conceited entries, why would they care to read about mine? I certainly wouldn't want to read about what my Grandfather went through in the Pacific during WWII and would never talk about. Boring! Or what my father's experience was when I was born. Yawn. Who cares what he was thinking? Right? I've got three kids of my own now, so I'm pretty sure I've learned first hand anything he could have taught me.

And don't even get me started about how happy I was when I heard the Pope had asked all of his personal writing be burned after his death! I mean, c'mon - who really gives a crap about the way that man saw the world? He was old and lived in a different country - and I never heard him speak English either! And isn't it true the good die young? Besides, I'm sure a network will air a mini-series I can watch about him soon. I'll get what I need there.

[/end_sarcasm]
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life