Author Topic: ROTS Fleet Troops - A New Hope?  (Read 3097 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
ROTS Fleet Troops - A New Hope?
« on: December 3, 2004, 04:59 PM »
Just wondering.  Since we are seeing the Tantive IV in EP3, will there be Fleet Troops aboard similar to the ones we see in ANH?  If so, this could mean that they finally make a figure that has a removable helmet and a working holster.

They could possibly use the Fleet Trooper POTJ body, but update it with a new head and use the Antilles removable helmet, and give him a working holster as well.  Add a little more realistic paint job, and this could be a very nice figure.

Thoughts??

:P

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Fleet Troops - A New Hope?
« Reply #1 on: December 3, 2004, 06:35 PM »
I'd go for those, but they would have to be a total redo. I would not want the POTJ Fleet Trooper body reused, since it has that weird clavicle/sunken-in chest thing going on that only works if the figure is posed with his arms out in front of him.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: December 3, 2004, 06:50 PM »
Not good enough, especially with the price hike...  New figure or nothing.

The old one's sculpt is poor IMO with the caved in chest, pre-posed arms, etc...  I'd sooner see a SA one.  From what I've seen though, the Tantive IV's crew isn't the same as in ANH.  It's possible Lucas is actually adhering to EU that the T4's manned by actual Rebel soldiers, and that is their uniform in ANH, and whoever mans it in ROTS is different...  Or uniforms change over time.

On the figure though, if they did have FT's in ROTS, I'd be all for a new, Collection 2 Super articulated one with Antilles' helmet and blaster, and a working holster.

Oh, and a pliable removable vest that actually comes off easily.  Given what the other Col.2 figures look like (or seem to), this would easily be on my wish list whether it's ROTS or ANH.  I don't think the uni's will be the same, for whatever reason though, judging by what I've seen of I believe to be the ship's pilot(s) in actually the recent Insider.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 3, 2004, 10:32 PM »
You are probably right Jesse.  The crew probably has different uniforms.  After all, on Yavin the Fleet Troopers were the same ones on the Tantive IV.  Probably makes sense for there to be different uniforms in ROTS, since they are Alderan crew members and would probably have different outfits.

Still though, I think it would be very cool to see some of the ANH outfits for some Aldreran soldiers. 

Doubt we'll see that though.    :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: December 4, 2004, 01:15 AM »
If it meant a new figure like I'd like, I'd be all for it.  I'd just rearrange WHERE the Rebel's uniform came from in my EU sense of things....  That the ALliance just adopted a uniform Alderaan was creating for it or something along those lines. 

Their non-violent part in the effort.

If it got a SA Fleet Trooper though...  Whatever it takes. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 3, 2005, 04:54 PM »
I just don't know if we'll ever see a SA Fleet Trooper they way you (and all of us) would like.  If we do, it may be a long time...

An example I'll use is the Stormtrooper - the ultimate army-builder character in any toy line... it took a few years to get the CT version, then about 5 years to get an improvement with the VOTC one. 

Unless they make an appearance in ROTS (which I guess is doubtful), I don't think we will ge the version we want.  At least not for a while.

I've customized some that are a bit better, using the Antilles helmets.  Still not that great though I suppose.   :(

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 5, 2005, 06:24 AM »
I agree I think that you will not see a RFT. They will either be some other type of soldier or even manned by the clones...