Author Topic: The Official JD Movie Review Thread  (Read 18978 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: American Pie 3...
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2003, 10:15 AM »
We went last night...a little below average.  Some real funny bits, some stuff sucked.  Stiffler IMO was way too important of a character.  When they actually got to the wedding, then it started getting good, the first stuff wasn't so hot.

I'll give it 4 out of 10 on the OCB scale, 1 being the lowest, 10 the highest.

Great point on Willard and Levy Mikey...they were great
« Last Edit: August 15, 2003, 10:15 AM by OCB »

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Resident Evil 2 - movie
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2003, 09:22 PM »
Today I finally went to ge see Underworld which was an alright movie. But that is not the reason for this post.

For the previews there was this one that starts out as an age defying cream. At first I thought what the F!!!! Then as it goes on it says made by the Umbrella corporation... Then the lady for this commercial has a doberman dog with her and the voice over says could have some side effects ro somthing to hta nature and she morphs into a zombie. Then there is a shot of Millia in the street with a gun. A neat little preview for the next RE movie.

I enjoyed the first movie so I am sure this on will be just as good.

Anyone else like the RE movie?
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Jango Fettish

Re: Resident Evil 2 - movie
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2003, 11:08 PM »
I liked Resident Evil, fo shizzle. It has one of the best death scenes ever (black guy, laser grater in the sealed off chamber, anyone?)

Good to hear there is a sequel in the works. I had planned on seeing Underworld for the heck of it tomorrow. It's got that Matrixy, Bladish type thing goin' on.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
The Master and Commander Thread
« Reply #33 on: November 1, 2003, 11:56 AM »
Anyone else looking forward to this flick? I'm a sucker for naval battles and history, so I'm patiently awaiting this. It's got Russelll Crowe in it too, so that's pretty good.

It's based on a series of books that I just started reading. I've discovered this flick, titled 'Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World' uses the titles of the first two books in the series.

Thoughts?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: The Master and Commander Thread
« Reply #34 on: November 1, 2003, 03:25 PM »
I am looking forward to it because it looks great and I love Russell Crowe.  We probably won't be able to see it though until it hits DVD as with almost all movies

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #35 on: November 1, 2003, 06:59 PM »
And Pippin's in it, too!   ;)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
movie review: shredder
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2003, 11:35 PM »
since i get screeners for movies, and have to watch a lot of movies for work (a lot...) so that i can see if i want to order them for the store i work at or skip them, i decided to put up some reviews on some of them from now on, as i watch them...

today's review: shredder

plot: when seven sexy snowboarders break into an abandoned ski lodge for a weekend of hot partying and heavy powder, they soon find themselves stalked by a psychotic killer who plans to put them all... on ice!! (taken from the box itself, i did not - repeat - not write any of that cheese)

release date (us): 12/16/03

review: well, since this is my first "review" let me start off by saying this: i am a horror movie freak. any kind of movie that has blood, gore, dismemberment, exploding heads, etc. etc. - it's for me. my kind of movie. now, this movie has not one, but two scenes where actor's heads are chopped off. there are about 6 killings all together, but other than the heads and the chick who gets caught in the ice chopper machine, not much gore.  :'(

kinda lame, choppy camera work, mediocre (at best) snowboarding, bad, bad audio - the synch on the audio was horrible, half the time the actor's mouths are moving and forming completely different words/sentences than what you hear - predictable killer, predictable ending. all in all, i would give it 1/5. unless you really really want to see a bunch of snowboarders get killed, i would say skip it. i know i won't be getting this piece of garbage for my store.

be on the lookout for more of my movie reviews, as i get time to watch all these lame ass movies i have...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2003, 02:38 PM »
OK, I saw this flick a couple weeks back and forgot to bump this up. Anyway, GO SEE THIS MOVIE. Don't waste for money on the new Matrix-- see this instead. Trust me.

Russell Crowe is excellent as Jack Aubrey-- a modern day action hero, IMO.

Oh yeah, there's also a Hobbit running around there. Hmm.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Win A Date With Tad Hamilton - Good movie.
« Reply #38 on: January 3, 2004, 02:00 AM »
I saw this new romantic comedy called 'Win A Date With Tad Hamilton', and I must say I enjoyed it. It had several pretty good laughs in it, and there weren't too many cliches in it - well it is a chick flick.

I'd say its definately a movie couples can enjoy, or even just anyone who enjoys a good clean funny movie. The crowd certainly seemed to like it, there were quite a few 'AAAwwwwwssss' and 'Nooooo!'s from the audience.

For those interested, I don't remember what the rating was, but there's only kissing scenes (no nudity, etc), nothing too extreme, the 'S' word was the only profanity used (used once), umm, yea.

Go see it.

EDIT - This movie has no rating, as it hasn't been released yet. Oops. Should be out to the public on Jan. 23rd, here's a link to their site here, if you even care.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2004, 02:03 AM by Angry Ewok »

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Win A Date With Tad Hamilton - Good movie.
« Reply #39 on: January 3, 2004, 02:18 AM »
I'm calling the FBI!You downloaded it didn't you!DIDN'T YOU!Boy,don't you know,if you download movies,the director can't get rich! ::)
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 3, 2004, 02:40 AM »
There was a sneak preview of this flick tonight. I didn't go, but that's probably how Angry Ewok saw it.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 3, 2004, 04:16 PM »
I know,I got bored and decided to make an ass of myself ,and if I do say so myself,it worked phenominaly.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Fettish Sez Thanks

« Reply #42 on: January 3, 2004, 06:08 PM »
I saw it as well. (Thanks, AmStar  ;) )

I think Topher Grace was very Eric Foreman-ish in this one, and I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw. I went with the girly, and a good time was had by all.

Josh Duhamel is a stud muffin.  :-*

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #43 on: January 3, 2004, 06:33 PM »
You don't think I'd actually sit around on this old clunky 56k downloading a Romantic Comedy, do ya?  :P  Yea I saw it at the movies, but unlike Cory, I didn't go with my girl, I actually went with 2 guy friends.  :-X

:D

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
undead the movie
« Reply #44 on: January 5, 2004, 11:56 PM »

has anybody had the chance to see this flick yet? i just got done watching it, and let me tell you... if you're into the peter jackson/sam raimi/bad taste/dead alive/evil dead type of horror/comedy/gore flicks, you're gonna love this. it was a blast.

www.undeadmovie.com