Author Topic: hi-res scan of Desert Sail Skiff box  (Read 3639 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
hi-res scan of Desert Sail Skiff box
« on: December 8, 2004, 11:26 PM »
Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a site which has hi-res scans of any of the vintage boxes, specifically the Desert Sail Skiff. That mini-rig is one of my all time fave toys and I've been wanting to find a hi-res (minimum of 1024x768) scan of the full back as shown in the pic below:

I think a crisp clean scan of that would make a great wallpaper for my pc's desktop, and I'm surprised I've not come across a site which has scans of vintage packaging just for that purpose. Anyone happen to know of such a site?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 8, 2004, 11:27 PM by CorranHorn »
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: hi-res scan of Desert Sail Skiff box
« Reply #1 on: December 9, 2004, 11:32 AM »
Hmmm, I have never seen a site that has hi-res scans of boxes, mostly just the stuff on gadders.com & erikstormtrooper.com.

Sorry I can't help you out.  :-\

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 9, 2004, 07:18 PM »
yeah these seem very difficult to find, I wouldn't have thought so, but it sure is. if i can just find a big scan of the box, even if it isnt in the best shape, i can run it thru paint shop pro to clean it up. the quest continues.....
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 03:35 AM »
I thought I'd bump this up since we've been seeing more vintage collectors stop by.

I'm really surprised no one has taken the time to make scans of the box fronts, I would think there would be a market for desktop wallpapers or even posters.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline CanadianCollector

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 7, 2005, 05:53 PM »
I thought I'd bump this up since we've been seeing more vintage collectors stop by.

I'm really surprised no one has taken the time to make scans of the box fronts, I would think there would be a market for desktop wallpapers or even posters.

There's copyright to worry about. 

-Mike
www.womprat.com

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 9, 2005, 01:18 AM »

There's copyright to worry about. 

-Mike
www.womprat.com

You're right copyrights would be a hassle for posters if someone other than Hasbro did them, then again you often see licensed shirts with the Transformers emblems or GI Joe logo being sold in malls, so you'd think they would be interested in utilizing the great Kenner art they have available. As for desktop wallpapers, you could probably get around that via the Fair Use clause in US and International Copyright laws. Especially if it's done in the same vein as how many sites offer the scans of the original vehicle instructions and sticker sheets, i.e. free of charge.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline artooa6

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 07:43 PM »
Try here:

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/vintagepics/

They've got some pretty good pic's of the Desert Sail Skiff from all angles & even have the box.