Author Topic: Anyone seen my Ball?  (Read 4723 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Anyone seen my Ball?
« on: December 9, 2004, 12:23 PM »
Heard on the Radio this morning, the dog actually got one of his Testicles...ouch :o

Police dog and Taser nab nude man
Howie Padilla,  Star Tribune
December 9, 2004 CHASE1209

A Minneapolis man wandered naked through residential streets on the city's south side and fought with police before being bitten by a police dog and subdued with the use of a Taser gun, officials said Wednesday.

The man was taken to Hennepin County Medical Center shortly after noon Tuesday, having been bitten by the dog in the groin area, Lt. Medaria Arradondo said. He was reported in serious condition Wednesday night.

Speaking from her home in Milwaukee, the 19-year-old man's grandmother said she was worried about him because she hadn't heard from him since about 9 a.m. Tuesday. She said he had called asking where his father was, adding that the man's father -- her son -- had died two years ago.

Police were called to the area surrounding the 5500 block of Columbus Avenue S. in the Page and Diamond Lake neighborhoods Tuesday morning on a report that a man was running through the streets naked.

On Wednesday, a neighbor, who asked to not be identified, said that when she encountered the man, he was clothed and ringing the doorbell.

"Where's Adam?" the man asked. "Where's Allah?"

She had no answers. But when he asked, "Where's Jesus?" the resident said softly, "He should be in your heart. Now you have to leave."

Recounting the exchange Wednesday, she said that she didn't feel threatened and that the man seemed normal and left without incident.

Moments later and several houses away, residents said, he stripped down, leaving his jeans and a long-sleeved shirt in a pile.

From there, the now-naked man made his way up the block.

Along the way, he pounded on doors, sometimes swearing, and rang doorbells trying to get inside the houses.

"I came to the door and there he sat," Judy Gunnarson said. "He had not a stitch on."

With her husband upstairs, she locked the door, and the man went away.

Another neighbor, Libby Pomroy, said she heard her sheltie, Cassie, barking in the back yard. "I looked out the kitchen window and there was this naked man chasing her around the yard," Pomroy said.

As she called 911, the barking stopped. Pomroy feared something had happened to Cassie, but she found the dog sitting on the back steps unharmed and the man gone.

Police responding to 911 calls encountered the man at Craig Martinson's home on Park Avenue. No one was home, but the door had been left open for his mother, who was expected to come from out of town.

Martinson said Wednesday that although several items appeared to have been moved from the dining room table to an upstairs bedroom, nothing appeared to have been damaged or taken from his home. It appeared, he said, that the man had rummaged through his dirty laundry in the basement.

When police arrived, the man was in the kitchen area, Arradondo said. They called to him, ordering him to come outside.

There, police said, he was met by a Minneapolis canine officer who ordered the man to get on the ground.

"According to police reports, the man lunged at the officer and punched him in the head," Arradondo said.

The dog then jumped to the defense of his handler, police spokesman Ron Reier said.

"Our dogs aren't trained to attack the groin area," he said. "The dog did what he is trained to do. It jumped and bit to protect his handler."

According to police reports, the man continued to fight, and officers from the department's Crisis Intervention Team subdued him using a Taser gun, Arradondo said. After they handcuffed him, he again began struggling with officers and was shocked with the Taser again before being taken to the hospital.

Although police declined to discuss specific injuries to the man, a source with knowledge of the case said the dog bit the man in the genitals.

The dog has been taken off duty pending an investigation. His partner, who suffered lacerations to his head and arm, will continue to respond to calls, Arradondo said.

The 19-year-old's grandmother, Eliza Roberson, said that he had been very close to his father and that his father's death had weighed heavily on her grandson, who moved to Minneapolis in August.

"He would come to my husband and tell him that he was crying loud enough hoping his father would hear him," Roberson said of her grandson.

Once the man, who has not been charged, is released from the hospital, he is expected to be held on suspicion of assaulting an officer and burglary for entering Martinson's home, Arradondo said.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2004, 12:28 PM by Scott »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone seen my Ball?
« Reply #1 on: December 9, 2004, 12:43 PM »
Meh, to me it's just another day on the job. You should see the dog bites guys get when the police bring them in at work.  ;D   :o

When the police calls out  "Release The Hounds!", you better give up!  ;)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: December 9, 2004, 12:45 PM »
I thought this was funny sorta for the ball losing
But more for the crazy naked guy walking around and then losing his ball to a Police Dog

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 9, 2004, 12:55 PM »
You have to give naked guy credit, he had balls!  :D

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 9, 2004, 01:03 PM »
You have to give naked guy credit, he had balls!  :D

::)   ;D

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 9, 2004, 03:22 PM »
Eh, he needs to gets some balls.  Er, just a ball I guess. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: December 9, 2004, 04:20 PM »
Maybe he had a ball doing it?  Maybe he had two and now he just has A ball?

Maybe he'll use a uniball pen like I used all semester?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: December 9, 2004, 04:23 PM »
On Wednesday, a neighbor, who asked to not be identified, said that when she encountered the man, he was clothed and ringing the doorbell.

She had no answers. But when he asked, "Where's Jesus?" the resident said softly, "He should be in your heart. Now you have to leave."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: December 9, 2004, 04:45 PM »
"Save me, Jeebus!"

I laughed so hard when I heard that on the news last night.   :-X

Poor fella stripped down and got his dingleballs chomped.  I guess that'll teach him not to hit a cop, ESPECIALLY a K-9 officer.   :-\

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #9 on: December 9, 2004, 06:54 PM »
 >:( >:(

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 9, 2004, 07:07 PM »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 9, 2004, 09:12 PM »
Ouch.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 9, 2004, 09:59 PM »
The same week this movie comes out on dvd, police dogs run amok. Note the slogan. Coincidence? You be the judge.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2004, 02:00 AM »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2004, 02:49 AM »

Apparantly it was at that point that Jesus decided to play a really bad joke on the guy and direct that dog from heaven to have a gonad to go.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77