Author Topic: Best and Worst of 2004  (Read 11865 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Best and Worst of 2004
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2004, 12:32 PM »
To me it would've only served to piss off more people to include MORE pack-ins that people want.  I think that, unless vehicles are going to be made at a good price (that Sandcrawler's grossly price gouged IMO) they should be sticking to just repacking a figure you already have like the Jawas...

I could've seen maybe throwing in a Gonk, since it's not uncommon but who wouldn't want another one, ya know?  No repaint of it, just a Gonk and the CT Jawa... 

Throw in R5-D4 though, and you've got a ton of PO'd people...  I was PO'd I had to scrounge and find the RA-7...  I lucked out on that one, but I know a lot of other folks will just have to do without the Sandcrawler RA-7 either because they can't afford the SC itself or they simply won't buy one...  And that bites.  :-\

I just happened to find a guy who wanted it for minis gaming...  And for that, it is useful since it's about the right size.  Kinda neat, but I can't justify $50 (at least) for a piece of set-dressing...  Not that I expected a scale Sancrawler though either....  That'd be pretty big, and I'd need a mullet to justify it.   :-X  :P

The RA-7 irked me though...  It's a nice sculpt in the first place, and I have to give Hasbro credit on a neat paintjob too.  I got it in the mail yesterday, and I think it's a cool looking figure...

If they make R5 though, card him and let the masses get it...  I wanna make repaints of him too since there's plenty of him!  I really want that orange one wheelin' around Mos Eisley.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2004, 12:29 PM »
Yeah, that's true.  I just don't understand why Hasbro won't throw out a new R5-D4.  They have to know the fans want it.  All the focus was on the OT the last half of the year.  They sort of put one out with the Star Tours.  So, you would think they would. 

Nope!

Offline Redhawk

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2004, 10:21 PM »
I really want to see another R5D4. The one I have with uncle Owen looks really bad next to my new R2D2 and C3P0 i got at walmart in the plastic case.