Community > Watto's Junk Yard

A Song of Ice and Fire (Possible Spoilers, tread carefully)

<< < (3/38) > >>

Scott:
Jeff your reading speed amazes me :-*

I've still got 150 pages or so in Clash of Kings, its very much just further plot setting so far...

BillCable:
I'm 100 pages into the second book.  I really enjoyed the first, but was surprised by their affinity for knocking off major characters.  I wish I could get through them faster, but I've been pretty busy lately.  They are great so far.

Scott:
Well, I finally finished Clash of Kings.  Good stuff, not as good as the first book but still pretty captivating.  The plot has so many threads that some of the stories have been basically ignored. 

So, I have a few other book on my plate right now and as such, I may not get to Swords for a few months.  I do want to read it though before A Feast of Crows comes out this summer

If I had to pick a favorite character so far it would be Tyrion, that dude is great :)

Jeff:

--- Quote from: Scott on March 29, 2005, 12:20 AM ---If I had to pick a favorite character so far it would be Tyrion, that dude is great :)

--- End quote ---

Well, Book 3 (which I just finished last weekend) is filled full of the venomous, treacherous dwarf so you should enjoy it immensely.   ;)

Book 3 was actually a bit better than 2 - lotsa tying up some of those left-over plot lines and move a bunch of then forward, especially the Black Brothers and the Wall and those who dwell beyond it.

I cna't wait for Book 4, but luckily I have a lot of other books to get through so I shouldn't bee too hung up waiting for it...

Jeff

Scott:
About 100 pages into Sword right now, great as usual

One thing I enjoy about his books is the meals he makes up for the people to eat

I read on a SoIaF message boards that Feast of Crows was soooo long the publisher made him go back and split it in two.  Opinions are mixed if this now means there will be 8 books or still 7.  It also sounds like the first book will deal solely with the South and the second with the North and they should both be out this year

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version