Community > Watto's Junk Yard

A Song of Ice and Fire (Possible Spoilers, tread carefully)

<< < (18/38) > >>

BillCable:
If you're lucky.  But I don't know... I'm thinking he won't want to derail production of the TV series if he can avoid it.

P-Siddy:
I just hope GRRM can close it up at some point.  So many people die only to be replaced by some new character in the new book.  Sometimes I find it hard to keep up with who's who and what has happened to whom that I've almost given up in frustration.  It seems like a boat floating with no sail, no oars and no wind...it goes nowhere.  What started out as a book about the Starks and Lannisters (Baratheon) is almost about none of them now.

BillCable:
From what I've read he has everything mapped out for the next two books... knows how it will and has mostly written the end.  So I wouldn't worry about it going on forever or anything.

Nicklab:
I read one of GRRM's more recent blog posts.  He seems to be hard at work, writing away.  But I think he's learned his lesson and won't give estimates of when the next Ice & Fire novel will be on it's way.  In his words:

"I'm staying here, to hold down the fort and write. And write, and write, and edit, and write some more. Too much damn work to do, and I am way behind on everything."

Great.  Way behind on everything?  That could mean oh so many things.  I had been hoping that the production schedule for Game of Thrones on HBO might light a fire under his ass for the next two books.  But if HBO is now going to split the books into 2 seasons of television, George may have bought himself an additional 3 years to complete 'The Winds of Winter'.

EdSolo:
I don't think both books 4 and 5 would be split into two seasons.  I would think you could get away with either two or three seasons between those two books and I would think those seasons would be combinations of those two books.  Since they are concurrent stories, I don't think viewers would be happy not seeing certain characters for a whole season since they would only be in one book and not the other.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version