Author Topic: A Song of Ice and Fire (Possible Spoilers, tread carefully)  (Read 55013 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: A Song of Ice and Fire (Possible Spoilers, tread carefully)
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2013, 07:25 AM »
Agreed... 4 and 5 will likely comprise 3 seasons.  I don't remember what all happened in book 3 (they all kind of blend together for me), so I'm not sure if they'll do one season or two for it.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2013, 02:30 PM »
I am pretty sure HBO has already announced that book 3 would be two seasons.  I think they also said there would be a few extra minutes per episode as well.  I'm not sure if they said at what point in the book they would end season 3.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2013, 03:12 PM »
I don't think both books 4 and 5 would be split into two seasons.  I would think you could get away with either two or three seasons between those two books and I would think those seasons would be combinations of those two books.  Since they are concurrent stories, I don't think viewers would be happy not seeing certain characters for a whole season since they would only be in one book and not the other.

True.  I can't see the HBO showrunners having Tyrion disappear for that long of a stretch.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #93 on: April 7, 2013, 08:51 PM »
I don't know what it is but I just have a feeling The Winds of Winter will be announced soon...watch 4 years from now someone will quote this post as it still isn't done

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2013, 11:24 PM »
What are the chances of Prequel books to ASOIAF?  I think lots of people would love to read about Robert and Ned and the Targaryens

Martin does a really great job of giving some history of Westeros but there could be so much more, it doesn't even need to be written by Martin as the story is already fleshed out

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2013, 10:07 AM »
What are the chances of Prequel books to ASOIAF?  I think lots of people would love to read about Robert and Ned and the Targaryens

+1

As long as he finishes this series first... but it would be interesting to learn about said characters and of Jon Snow's mother (I wonder if they'll ever talk of her again since the people that are connected to her are pretty much dead... and one is unknown).

I get this feeling that it'll be Jamie that kills Cersei (perhaps zombified ice queen?)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2013, 10:35 AM »
A book series about Robert's Rebellion would be cool.  But clearly there are things from that timeframe that have the potential to be spoilers for the current book series.  You know, like the old R + L = JS theory.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 10:35 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2013, 10:39 AM »
L?

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2013, 10:48 AM »
I know what L means....Bill if you want I'll message you.  But if you've not run across this theory, it will rock your world.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2013, 11:03 AM »
Looked it up.  Crazy theory indeed!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2013, 01:37 PM »
Wow!  Those are some interesting theories.  It will be interesting to see which pans out.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2013, 09:40 PM »
Well, I think we may have seen the beginning of a transition for one of the characters in that triangle to begin pursuing his true destiny in book 5.  That, and at some point we'll finally come across the lone survivor from the Tower of Joy, who can shed some light on the truth of what happened at the end of Robert's Rebellion.

And DAMN, does it take a lot of effort to make the discussion of this theory come across as both cryptic and spoiler free!

Feedback

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2013, 09:58 AM »

And DAMN, does it take a lot of effort to make the discussion of this theory come across as both cryptic and spoiler free!

What he said...the title of the thread warns of spoilers, but still.  This theory comes is such a mind blowing "holy ****" moment that it feels like a HUGE spoiler.  Changes everything.  Awesome. 
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2013, 10:06 AM »
Absolutely.  But in that whole R+L=JS equation, you have to look at the close of A Dance with Dragons.  How will George R.R. Martin make the setup for that revelation significant in light of the ending of Book 5?  I have my own theory about that.  And the possibility for that theory to come true was shown in a couple of forms during last night's episode of Game of Thrones.  Whether my own theory pans out in Book 6 is something we're just going to have to wait for.

But as a fan of the books, I thought that the whole R+L=JS was pretty commonly known.  Am I mistaken on that front?

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2013, 10:45 AM »
Most people when the theory is proposed go ahhhh...I think it is going to happen.  There is a reason there are three dragons...there is a reason there will be potentially three dragon riders.  I was a little preturbed with introducing the third heir in the Dance but after you start thinking about the big picture it makes sense.

Also, one of the rules of fantasy is that you build a wall it needs to come down...I would guess that will happen in the next book as well