Author Topic: RAT Continues: Lt. Faytonni  (Read 1833 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
RAT Continues: Lt. Faytonni
« on: December 16, 2004, 02:32 AM »

JD.com is proud to present our first ever Review-A-Thon...  It's a way we're going to clean out some old reviews we've got backlogged and get a little something for you, the viewer, to read over theholidays.

This one's the oldest review in my Review-A-Thon atually, and one I've had on file for quite a while since I picked him up!  This one's the Lt. Faytonni Figure from the Outlander Club series (A real come & go wave in my area actually).

When Faytonni came out, this wave hit pretty solid in my area at a time when I wasn't finding new stuff too often.  I actually figured I'd be picking extras up at sale prices...  Little did I know.

They came and went, and I never got a 2nd crack so I missed out on some good fodder.  Nutz! 

Anyway, as far as Faytonni goes as a figure, I really actually was disappointed with one major aspect of him...  his pose.  He's got that awkward Hasbro "lean" to him that some figures just seem cursed with.

Among them are the Naboo Soldier, the Clone Pilot, and others...  That's really terrible in my book, and ruins an otherwise great figure.  Hasbro even articulated him above and beyond for a figure at the time!

But for every great feature Faytonni has, the damned leaning really detracts from it.

While I make no mention of it, Hasbro also did a reuse of parts when making the Ackmed Beq figure that came out shortly after Faytonni.  Much easier to find for most, Beq was another great likeness of the actor he was to represent, and shelf-warms in many an area to this day.

Anyway, read the review and get busy sharing some thoughts!!!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77