Author Topic: Queen Amidala Battle with Ascension Gun  (Read 24384 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Queen Amidala Battle with Ascension Gun
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2003, 12:10 PM »
I hate to say it but you should have bought those figures.  They can EASILY go for $20 a piece... sometimes even more.  Getting them for only $10 is a steal, especially if they're in MOMC condition.  If the seller was asking for $9 shipping, hopefully he was planning on sending them in a Star Case protector.
dustrho

Offline nack5811

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2003, 12:16 PM »
dustrho, I know but he wasn't going to send them with star cases and they were c8-9 condition (minor bends inthe corner).  It is just I am getting married in 2 weeks and right now 30 dollars is the price of one guest at my wedding.  who will hopefully bring a nice gift or dare I say money.  I know the price for the figs was great but the shipping without star cases was too much right now.  Like I said hopefully someone needs some star tours figs because I am going down to Disney for my honeymoon and hopefully I can trade for them.  Only time will tell.  Things happen for a reason as they always say.  hwo knows maybe TRU will have the bargain bin again (which I missed).

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2003, 02:31 PM »
They had a EP1 baragin bin?  When?
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2003, 06:34 AM »
They had a EP1 baragin bin?  When?

Towards the end of the EPISODE I line, there were a series of clearances.  Most notably with Toys R Us.  I managed to get several Naboo Royal Guards, Holo Darth Sidious, and corrected Yoda's all in the clearance bins.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2003, 10:49 AM »
What, really, damn i missed that, how much were they going for?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2003, 07:14 AM »
Well, it's really ancient history, but they were $1.97 each.

Feedback

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2003, 10:42 AM »
dang, that is good!

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2003, 07:43 PM »
Yeah, that's good!  I know the figures by me never went that low in price.  If they did I would have bought a TON of them!
dustrho

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2003, 01:39 PM »
me too,

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 2, 2003, 08:52 AM »
I got a few of those as trade bait.  They definitely helped my plug some holes in my collection, AND build up my Naboo Security force.

Feedback

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2004, 06:26 PM »
Ok, I am new to JediDefender, just got fed up at another well known site and made the jump to the light side. This is my first post outside of our group site here.  I guess my question is this. I believe I have an extra Amidala ascension that is loose, but in excellent shape. So two items, IF I sold it would $15 to $20 be a fair price? I am currently selling most of my carded collection and all my extra loose collection (keeping 1 of every figure) so I am thinking I want to sell her, but don't want to rip somebody for it. Make a buck would be nice since it would fuel further collecting this year.  Any advice?  
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2004, 06:34 PM »
The best place to look would be on eBay to find the going rates. Just type in Amidala Ascension or Amidala Battle in the completed auctions. I'm sure you will find what you are looking for.  ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2004, 06:47 PM »
IF I sold it would $15 to $20 be a fair price? I am currently selling most of my carded collection and all my extra loose collection (keeping 1 of every figure) so I am thinking I want to sell her, but don't want to rip somebody for it. Make a buck would be nice since it would fuel further collecting this year.  Any advice?

Well, it's a tricky thing selling SW figures...  Some people will cry foul if any figure is sold for more than the $5 - $7 retail value it originally cost.  But most people rightly understand that if a figure is no longer available at retail, as is obviously the case with this Amidala, then the current secondary market dictates it's price.  I'd just take a quick looksee through eBay's completed auctions on this item to get an idea of what's it's currently selling for, and then decide from there what you'd like to get for it.  Based on this (might have to log in to eBay to see these search results), I'd say that $15 - $20 would be "fair".  You could obviously make a little more if you just slapped it on eBay, but if you're looking to just swing a reasonable trade with a fellow collector on the boards, then your numbers should probably be fine there.

In an odd bit of irony here, I got one of my Battle Amidalas in an amazing deal over at RS, from a member "BlackDog" - who I'm guessing is a different person than you.   ;)  I was in the right place at the right time when he unloaded a bunch of the VHTF Ep. 1 figures just about a year ago, all MOMC, and all $5 each!   :o  I was lucky enough to be the first person to contact him, and he amazingly gave me those insane deals (with Holo Sid, Sio Bibble, etc. too).

I told the fella that the figures were worth more than that, if he wasn't aware, just 'cause I didn't want to feel like I was ripping him off.  But he said he already knew that they went for a lot more than that.  One of those beautiful collecting moments...

Not sure if I could've done that myself though!   :-[  But anyway, in your case, $15-$20 would certainly be fair IMO, and I'm sure you could find yourself a deal in that range on the boards here.  There's always folks still looking for that particular figure...

Good luck!   8)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2004, 09:28 PM »
Well, it's a tricky thing selling SW figures...  Some people will cry foul if any figure is sold for more than the $5 - $7 retail value it originally cost.  

well, i got my amidala ascension/battle at fao and  it cost me $10 at retail  :P

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2004, 09:56 PM »
your lucky! ;)