Author Topic: Queen Amidala Battle with Ascension Gun  (Read 24387 times)

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Queen Amidala Battle with Ascension Gun
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2004, 10:41 PM »
JediMac,

That may have been me, might not have been.  ;) I usually always sell at my cost plus a few extra for shipping and/or gas.  Never been in this to make a ton of money.
This year though I left my nice paying job to become a teacher and money is tight (we have a good amount of $ but it is in IRA's, a 401K etc) and I won't take the penalties for breaking into em (not worth it).
Anyway, thanks all for the advice. I'll check ebay and see what I can get for her so I have money to fund my hobby for the year (not just from her) as I stated earlier and do not have to ask the dear wife for $ from the budget.  Thanks again!
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2004, 12:21 AM »
That may have been me, might not have been.  ;)

Nope.  Just popped over to RS to double check, and it was actually this "BlackDog" (Chris, from North Carolina)

Here's the remnants of his classifieds post, where I scored the serious loot.  Just checked some old e-mails, and for $40, I got MOMC figures of Battle Amidala, Holo Sidious, Naboo Royal Guard, Sio Bibble, Swimming Jar Jar, TC-14, R2-B1 and a POTJ Clean Biker Scout.   :o  I still crap my pants when I think about how lucky I was there!

Anyway, I wasn't suggesting you needed to sell your figures on eBay, but if you really need the extra moolah - then yeah, you'd probably get a little more there than if you traded them to a fellow board member for the $15 or $20 you mentioned earlier.  Good luck whichever way you go...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2004, 12:32 AM by JediMAC »

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2004, 09:14 AM »
That's cool. I knew there is a BG at RS and I am TBD at RS.  I am signed up to sell at a local Toy Show on the 2 and 3 of April, so I think I'll try there first. I hate shipping stuff, its a hassle. Looking it over though I would say my biggest items will be a Royal Naboo Starship that is in near mint condition, never opened (red droid and all), a POTF Millenium Falcon in same condition and is Tri-Logo (French, English etc), the loose Amidala, and some other harder to find figures I have in my collection. Then if I am really lucky, my extra carded items and loose items will go. Thanks again for the help!
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2005, 07:36 PM »
I need it bad and I am willing to pay $20 plus shipping

Offline Carl

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2005, 07:38 AM »
Just managed to get mine! and complete the Episode1 basic line! :)
Amidala
WANTED: Droids, Ewok Prototype & Unproduced coins

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2005, 10:57 PM »
I seriously don't understand why the last waves of the Ep. I line haven't been reissued. Those are figures that many collectors are clamoring for.

I guess Hasbro thinks that TPM items are retail suicide, like full cases of Clones (yet they'll offer a case of Vader... ::) )
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #36 on: November 3, 2005, 09:27 AM »
i got mine for 6 euros last month  ;)
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Carl

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #37 on: November 3, 2005, 11:25 AM »
i got mine for 6 euros last month  ;)

Wow! good price. :o
WANTED: Droids, Ewok Prototype & Unproduced coins

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #38 on: November 4, 2005, 08:40 AM »
yeah i was quite happy about that deal, now i've got to find r2b1 to complete my Ep1 selection.
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2005, 12:29 AM »
I snagged one of these (as well as a Holo Sidious, 4 sets of Pit Droid 2pks, and a pair of the Naboo Troopers from this wave) for $1 each at a comic book store. I wqas in the back looking at the action figures when the guy behind the counter was having a screaming match with his boss on the phone (and apparantly losing). After he hung up, he came over to me and the other customer in the store at the time and told us we could have anything we wanted on the wall for $1 each as he was quitting in an hour! I cleaned out the aforementioned figures as well as as many of the other Star Wars as my wallet would allow (I scored almost 40 figures1) :D

Seeing as how much she's going for now, I kinda feel bad that I used her for as (as of yet uncompleted) custom :(
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 12:30 AM by Spectre »
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2007, 02:12 PM »
I just got one of these on a card for the low, low price of free! The card is a bit bowed from probably being stored upright for a long time but that's not an issue.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2007, 09:37 AM »
I'm surprised a figure like this didn't make it all the way up the '07 fan choice repack contest.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."