Author Topic: Episode III Title?  (Read 26409 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Episode III Title?
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2004, 06:41 PM »
Ding!  1st guess!

Rise of the Empire or Revenge of the Sith.  Then the public would make fun of the term Sith.  Move wove some letters around you know.  Most likely it be something totally off the wall like A Galaxy Shrivels.  

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2004, 09:48 PM »
STAR WARS ROCKED SDCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was fortunate enough to be one of the 6500 seated in Hall H when they revealed the title of Ep.III- REVENGE OF THE SITH ;D  The 2 hour presentation was wonderful IMO.  It included the expected promotion of the upcoming OT DVD/BattleFront video game,various never before shown archival footage,more upcoming video games(Republic Commando,yet to be named Ep.III video game).

But, it started getting good when they introduced Carrie Fisher for a little Q&A for about 25 minutes,an hour into it.  A few more video clips,Ep.III package reveal and then enter the rather portly Rick MaCallum.

He brought some very cool behind the scene Ep.III footage,some more Q&A and then  treated us with some killer video of Hayden in the Vader suit,donning the Helmet and a quick shot of the ANH looking Vader standing/looking at a cloaked Sidious/Emperor. :o ;D

Now this is where is starts to get AWESOME,Steve Sansweet introduces someone no one expected to see..... Hayden Christensen!! :o  No surprise the fans go go CRAZY!  The panel(Steve,Rick,Hayden) get to talking,nothing most of us haven't heard before.  Hayden bulked up for the role,intensive fight training,etc.  Q&A opened up and on one of the question was asked who is the better swordsman Ewan or you?  Hayden playfully smacked "I can beat him with one hand behind my back". ;D  but later replied both of them as being pretty equal.

I'm saving the best for last.  Steve teased us at the begining of the presentation "That we may be rewarded with something special at the end of the show." and boy he wasn't kidding!  The lights dim playing on the giant screens the best sequences of each movie ending with the title.   Then what everyone was dying to see.  The Duel to end all Duels flashes than the money shot with a triumphant John Williams famous crescendo ending: Star Wars Episode III- REVENGE OF THE SITH.  The crowed erupts, and roars with the most thunderous cheers of the afternoon!  

With that the lights come on revealing steve ripping off his Vader jersey to reveal the killer Revenge of the Sith exclusive T-shirt  now on sale at the Star Wars pavillion.  The mad dash was on...... and so was the cluster f**k of the massive line. >:(   but it was all good in the end, as I luckily managed to get my ROTS T-shirts. :)  Man,I can't wait to experience Revenge of the Sith!

« Last Edit: July 25, 2004, 04:55 PM by DualSaberMaster »
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2004, 10:06 PM »
Dude, I love this title.

;D

Now I want me one o' them t-shirts.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2004, 08:49 PM »
Oh, I wish I was there!!!  That must have been a blast DuelSaberBlaster, thanks for sharing!!
Beth

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2004, 10:48 AM »
Star Wars Episode III - Revenge Of The Sith (ROTS). It better not!  :-\

Offline Darth Canaan

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Episode III Title
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2004, 08:36 PM »
The actual name for Episode III is Revenge of the Sith.  It was announced by Lucas Film a few days ago.

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Episode III Title
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2004, 09:08 PM »
Yep, the same title that this forum has. ;)

Welcome to the site. :P

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Episode III Title
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2004, 11:53 PM »
Lucas Film

The actual name for "Lucas Film" is "Lucasfilm".
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2004, 02:45 PM »
Merging these last 3 posts in here from the Ep. 3 figure forum...   ;)

As for the title itself, I'm pretty damned happy that Lucas finally nailed one.  The first two SUCKED, and I was under the distinct impression that he would NEVER have a title that half the internet was already guessing/proposing.

So needless to say, I'm pleasantly surprised to see that I'm wrong on that assumption now, since a lot of people were hoping it'd be "Revenge of the Sith".

And I was at that same Comic Con presentation, along with Ricardo above, and I've gotta say that the 6,500 people raucously ROARED their approval the second that "Revenge of the Sith" popped up on the screen.  It was one of my alltime most wonderful Star Wars moments being in that room at that particular moment.  I think after everyone finally stopped screaming and yelling in approving jubilation, there was a gigantic, collective sigh of relief that we finally had a cool and appropriate "Star Wars-ish" title again.

I'm stoked on it.  Just mildly bummed that the initials come out to "ROTS", but oh well!   :P

Offline Pistol Pete

• Youngling
  • Maul
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2004, 02:45 PM »
The Bad Guys Win ;D
I guess I was wrong :)

I like the title but Worry about Revenge of the Nerds comparisons for the rest of time
Bang Bang

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2004, 07:45 PM »
I like the new title much more than the prior two for sure.  But unfortunately, the movie's probably still gonna suck like the last two did (IMO).  Better title, but the same ol George.   :-\

Offline JasperFett

• Youngling
  • I am a mighty mandalorian
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2004, 06:38 PM »
 ;DHey now, give the movie a chance. It may turn out pretty good. Remember, the originals got torn apart when they fisrt came out and now they are part of cinematic immortality.