Author Topic: I'd sue the hospital too...  (Read 1437 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
I'd sue the hospital too...
« on: January 23, 2008, 04:59 PM »
I just saw this article... it's a bit disturbing, so don't say that I didn't warn you.  It's about a family who had a stillborn child, only to have the hospital misplace the poor baby.  Really an awful story, and an eye opener... check it out HERE.

This made me think, of how fortunate that I am to be a parent and have a healthy child.  I can't imagine how hard it is on anyone to lose an unborn child, but to have what happened to this family is just pure tragedy.   :'(

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: I'd sue the hospital too...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 01:55 AM »
Wow.  Disturbing to say the least. 

But is suing the hospital really going to make them feel any better?  Nothing can ever bring their child back.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 02:30 AM »
Probably not going to make them feel better, but I think I'd still go ahead and sue them for neglect... only because there is nothing more precious than a child, and the pain the family had to have gone through in losing the child was made that much more traumatic with the events that followed the still birth... I'm not usually one to believe in suing companies just for the sake of getting money out of someone, but in this case I can't blame the family at all. 

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 04:15 PM »
Nothing can ever bring their child back.

So true...so true.

This was one of the top stories on the local news last night, because that is a "local" hospital for the Dallas-FtWorth area.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 05:06 PM »
I wouldn't sue the hospital. Yeah it sucks, it blows... but people make mistakes and the baby was dead. Now I believe they should be 10x more careful, but really, what is a lawsuit going to do? She needs to be paid for emotional damages caused by misplacing her already dead baby? Please. The mother sounds and looks like a real winner anyways, if I might say so myself.