Author Topic: McFarlane is Bankrupt  (Read 2165 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: McFarlane is Bankrupt
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2004, 01:27 AM »
So Tony Twist who is hands down the worse hockey player to ever make it to the NHL, couldn't make money by suckin on the ice, so he made it the old fashion way? By suing someone! BLAH! Obviously, the jury does not understand the concept of Fair Use clauses in US Copyright law.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2004, 01:53 AM »
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy (McFarlane) if you asked me. He tried to rip off Neil Gaiman and Alan Moore, and lost. Sounds to me like Toddy should learn to keep his effing ego in check because he is getting spanked in the courts.

I'm torn here too.

Twist is/was a thug, a poor excuse for a player, and a blight on the game...  A McSorely without the ability for a BS goal every now and then either.  A greater bonehead, I can't think of.

That said, McFarlane's a total sopping wet pile of douche himself.  It's a real tough choice who to hate more.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2004, 02:01 AM »
Sure, McFarlane is a bit of a spoiled brat, but awarding Twist $15 mil is a crock of ****.  Simple as that.  How this case wasn't laughed out of court by the judge is beyond me.   >:(

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2004, 03:52 PM »
He'll never see the money because McFarlane filed for Chapter 11. Twist won't get his payday, but McFarlane will have to operate his business under strict guidelines. It's a lose/lose situation.