Author Topic: Star Wars Autographs  (Read 40185 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Star Wars Autographs
« on: March 6, 2003, 04:17 PM »
I'm thinking about getting some Star Wars autographs, and am totally new to the subject.  Where does everyone here get their autographs (online preferred)?

I noticed this deal on Wattographs' website (http://www.wattographs.com/privatesignings/bobas-pasadena-signing.htm)... is this a good deal?  Boba Fett is definitely one of my favorite characters, and this would be a sweet thing to get.

LMK... thanks!
dustrho

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re:Star Wars Autographs
« Reply #1 on: March 6, 2003, 09:01 PM »
I don't know much about autographs. I recently posted an article in the news about that Boba Fett signing, they have many others coming up at a convention too-

http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1046727219,91675,
« Last Edit: March 6, 2003, 09:02 PM by Chris Berry »

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2003, 01:13 PM »
I have been collecting auto's for some time now. I  got many from the Fan Club when they had the service to do so. Many others I got in person or if I knew someone was going to a show I would have them get it for me.

For my autographs that I have acquired thus far I  made a collage of that persons character with the date and event that they were at. That way I have a one of a kind Auto. So far only Peter Mayhew has rejected signing my own creation since he says it is copyrighted material. Also Jerome Blake told me he did not feel comfortable signing such an item though he did anyways.
From the ones that I have acquired on my own or ahve helped acquiring,  I have a wall full of autos. It takes lots of time and patience to acquire autos. But it is a worth while venture if you have the time to do such a thing.

I also buy the COA if there is one offered. I feel more comfortable with a COA to prove to people that they are not fakes. Though sometimes the ones I got through the Fan Club I wonder about.

Good luck in your autograph pursuit.

For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2003, 06:57 PM »
I have a wall full of autos. It takes lots of time and patience to acquire autos. But it is a worth while venture if you have the time to do such a thing.

Do you have a picture of this wall of autographs by chance?  I'd love to see your collection.
dustrho

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Autographs
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2003, 09:46 PM »
All of my autographs have been from either "official" Star Wars sources, or Star Wars conventions. So far I have 3 Celebration 1 passes signed (Anthony Daniels, Ahmed Best, Ray Park and hope to order the Mark Hammil signed Luke saber), and 2 signed Master Replicas props, with a third on the way (Christopher Lee, Dave Prowse, James Earl Jones, Ray Park). The others are from Holloywood Expo/C2 Ventures. I bought the ultimate autograph set at C2, and a signed Vader print with JEJ's and DP's autos. I'd say the best way would be to either go through an official site like Wattographs, Autographabillia or Hollywood Expo, or to attend conventions whenever possible (especially Celebration III which will hopefully have another nice autograph area).

The C2 Ultimate Autograph Set had at least one autograph from each of these actors:
Amy Allen
Kenny Baker
Shannon Baksa
Jerome Blake
Paul Blake
Bruce Boa
Michonne Bourriague
Phile Brown
Jeremy Bulloch
Michael Carter
Ken Colley
Warwick Davis
Peter Diamond
Mike Edmonds
Carrie Fisher
Julian Glover
Rusty Goff
Garrick Hagon
John Hollis
William Hootkins
Nalani Krishan
Richard Leparmentier
Ian Liston
Daniel Logan
Angus Macinnes
Peter Mayhew
Bonnie Piesse
Dave Prowse
Mike Quinn
Tim Rose
Alan Ruscoe
Michael Sheard
Femi Taylor
Billy Dee Williams
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2003, 01:18 AM »
I, personally, am always wary about buying autographed items just because, you never know.  I did buy one item, an original Star Wars LP, for $25, signed by Dave Prowse, Peter Cushing, and Mark Hamill.  I had autographed items from two out of three in my collection already (the Prowse I had from the 10th anniversary convention, the Mark Hamill from a friend who caught up with him during a Disney-MGM Studios "Star of the Day" appearance), and those two looked authentic.  The guy I bought it from had the story that his dad had worked on the film, but his parents were divorced and he threw the album in the back of a closet for years (and it looked it).  But, I took the chance on that one.  All my other autographs I've gotten in person at conventions (except that Mark Hamill I mentioned).  I think there's something nice about an autograph as a memento of actually meeting the person, too.

Auriette

When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Jango Fettish

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2003, 01:30 AM »
Right now, I have 3 autographed Jango fett figures, all with correspnding COA's, two of whic were from his first US appearance at the Plano, TX Sci Fi Con, the other from a collector who went tothe Milton keyes convention in England.

I also have the only two convention passes Jango has been depicted on, being the Plano Sci Fi Con pass, which I have signed of course.

Lastly, I have a signed Jango Fett promo photo, purchased from Autographabilia.

I have a signed Boba Fett picture that I won with a signed Chewbacca photo on E Bay a few months back for $8.00.  ;D

I am heading for a 2 day con in Greensboro, NC where I'll be getting signed photos of Amy Allen/Aayla Secura, Aurra Sing/Michonne Bourriague, and possibly Plo Koon/Alan Ruscoe, depending on how nice a publicity photo will be available.

Offline wai

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Autographs
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2003, 12:58 PM »
Most of them are signed on postcards.I sent them to each character and received them
after a month or half and a month.Here are:

Signed on postcard
Frank Oz-Yoda
Jeremy Bulloch-Boba Fett x2
Samuel L.Jackson-Mace Windu
Kenny Baker-R2-D2
Ewan McGregor-Young Obi-Wan
Mark Hamill-Luke Skywalker

Signed on trading
Jeremy Bulloch-Evolution (limited to 1000)
Harrison Ford
Mark Hamill
Ray Park

Signed on figure
Lando-Billy Dee Willaims

Celebration 2 Autograhpes
David Prowse-Darth Vader
Carrier Fisher-Leia Organa
Peter Mayhew-Chewbacca

How many do you have?Sorry if this topic was mentioned before.I just want to share my collection.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2003, 02:51 PM by JediMAC »
www.starwars-force.com~~"The only Chinese starwars web site"

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Re: Autographes
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2003, 01:25 PM »
Nice Autograph collection so far. I have been collecting Star Wars Autos since 1997. I have many now. (Picture Coming Soon)

What I do is if I know someone is going to be at a convention I will make up a collage or find one off the internet (wall paper) and print it out on Photo Paper and take it to be signed. If I can't be there at the convention and know someone who is going I ask them to take my collage and get it signed for me. So far I have most of the Main Characters and some minor characters. My favorite so far is my 1980 auto of George Lucas which is on Kenner notepad paper. It was a gift from a friend who used to work at Kenner & Hasbro when I graduated with my second degree.

So far only Peter Mayhew would not sign my creation since he says it is copyrighted imagery so I ended up buying a Chewie Photo to have signed from him.  I have bought photos at Conventions to be singed just because I thought they were cool looking.

I will have to take a picture of my autograph wall to share with you all.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2003, 02:30 PM »
I'm also a pretty avid autograph collector.  These are some of the autographs I've got on 8 x 10's:

Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia)
Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian)
James Earl Jones (the voice of Darth Vader)
David Prowse (Darth Vader)
Kenny Baker (R2-D2)
Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)
Ray Park (Darth Maul
Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett)
Amy Allen (Aayla Secura)
Michonne Bourriague (Aurra Sing)
Mary Oyaya (Luminara Unduli)
Nalini Krishan (Bariss Offee)
Bonnie Piesse (Beru Whitesun)
Phil Brown (Owen Lars in ANH)
Mike Quinn (Nien Numb)
Warwick Davis (Wicket)
Garrick Hagon (Biggs Darklighter)
Alan Harris (Bossk)
Rusty Goffe (Jawa)
William Hootkins (Jek Porkins)
Julian Glover (General Veers)
Ken Colley (Captain Piett)
Michael Sheard (Admiral Ozzel)
Richard LeParmentier (Admiral Motti)
Mercedes Ngoh (Rystall)
Jerome Blake (Rune Haako, Mas Amedda)

...And a couple more are on the way soon, courtesy of the Wizard World show that's coming up in Philadelphia.

As for my autographed figures, I've got...

Commtech Darth Vader signed by James Earl Jones
Masters Of The Dark Side signed by Ray Park & David Prowse
25th Anniversary Swing To Freedom signed by Carrie Fisher
Purchase Of The Droids signed by Phil Brown
A couple of Boba Fett's signed by Jeremy Bulloch
Captain Piett signed by Ken Colley
Aurra Sing signed by Michonne Bourriague

...and once again, this list is going to get bigger in a couple of weeks.  I should have Daniel Logan (Boba Fett from AOTC), as well as Kit Fisto, Plo Koon, and some more autographed figures, too.  I'll update it soon!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2003, 03:49 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline wai

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2003, 05:13 AM »
That's amazimg.You have a great autos collection,Nicklab.Are you specialize in autos?
Since I live in Hong Kong,I cannot get many autos.The only way is from ebay or tell a US
trader to help me if he can.I would like to get more.Right now I only want Anthony Daniel (3-PO) & Natalie Portman (Queen Amidala) 's auto.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2003, 10:25 AM »
Thanks, wai.  I only got into autograph collecting in the past couple of years.  It's a lot of fun.  A big part of my enjoyment of this aspect of the hobby is the interaction  with the celebrities.  They're a very nice and gracious group of people.

A lot of my collection is due to my visit to Celebration 2 in Indianapolis last May.  That's where a lot of the harder to get signatures came from.  Including Carrie Fisher.

I'm also looking forward to getting Anthony Daniels and Natalie Portman as additions to the collection.  And right now, I'm working on a contact for Ewan McGregor.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can get that one.

Feedback

Offline wai

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2003, 10:43 AM »
2 more autos added.Both signed on AOTC Widevision trading card.Limited Edition.

Ki-Adi-Mundi (Silas Carson)
R2-D2 (Kenny Baker)

More coming soon......I hope.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2003, 10:50 AM »
Good score, wai!  I've been trying to get Silas Carson for a little while now.  I went to two shows he was supposed to appear at, and he cancelled both of them.

Feedback

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2003, 11:05 AM »
I soon will (hopefullly) have Tony Daniels... and hopefully other's too ;)